Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Jizique

is Rep of Ire outliers on this?
    why do other states think it's okay and we don't?
    anyone know the background to this?

Germany only allows them to be sold for around 36 hours before New Year’s Eve, and they can only be used for a few hours; mind you, it is a bit like the last days of Berlin in May 1945 every new year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭Jeff2

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Halloween night here in Dublin 7 and it’s like Beirut Out there! :D

The should all go down to the bogies for an hour and have it done with instead of firing them off in gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tropple

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Halloween night here in Dublin 7 and it’s like Beirut Out there! :D

Not actually too bad where I am in D7, they have been going off all evening, but sounds like they're well off in the distance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭Jeff2

tropple wrote: »
    Not actually too bad where I am in D7, they have been going off all evening, but sounds like they're well off in the distance

But they would be bad if you lived that distance from where you do live.
    I mean where they're going off.

It's not good for people that live a short distance from where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Happy 1st of November everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

I'm in D11 and they have been going off pretty sporadically the last couple of hours. In general will they start to phase out now? Last year was my first Halloween in Dublin and tbh I can't remember the fireworks being anything like they are now at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Talguetler wrote:
    I'm in D11 and they have been going off pretty sporadically the last couple of hours. In general will they start to phase out now? Last year was my first Halloween in Dublin and tbh I can't remember the fireworks being anything like they are now at all.

Been nothing here today (D24).

I imagine the weather has a lot to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭zedhead

Been nothing here today (D24).

I imagine the weather has a lot to do with it.

I'm in D24 too and we have had some every day since halloween. They seem to be fizzling out but still a good few each day/night.

Advertisement