Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options
1181182183184185187»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,916 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

whiterebel wrote: »
    .?? Any iPhone can be unlocked. Do you by using a jailbreak?

Sorry yes I ment actually unlocking

I rang a phone unlocking store and they dont do Three locked Iphone 5 SE

They said it takes to much bandwidth to unlock them

Found that strange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm finding it near impossible to get my iPhone 6s unlocked from Three network. The phone's official owner is in someone else's name and is under contract from Three until April 2018, so I cannot get is officially unlocked (unless 10 months of the contract is paid!). I've tried Ebay and other sites online to unlock it but I only found 1 website which charges 125euro. Any ideas on how or where I can get it unlocked?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I'm finding it near impossible to get my iPhone 6s unlocked from Three network. The phone's official owner is in someone else's name and is under contract from Three until April 2018, so I cannot get is officially unlocked (unless 10 months of the contract is paid!). I've tried Ebay and other sites online to unlock it but I only found 1 website which charges 125euro. Any ideas on how or where I can get it unlocked?

Nope, almost impossible to unlock Three iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

whiterebel wrote: »
    Nope, almost impossible to unlock Three iPhones.

Sh1te. They are such gimps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

any dublin store that unlock iphone 6 on emobile?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

any dublin store that unlock iphone 6 on emobile?

Should be able to buy an unlock on eBay.

I picked up a cheap iPhone 4S for use with a little gadget called an Arcadie. I just assumed that since it was an older model there would be a jailbreak available (not too experienced with Apple stuff).

Anyway it's on 9.3.5 and the best I can do is some "HomeDepot" semi tethered jailbreak. It seems a pain because I think I'd need to redo the jailbreak every 7 days.

Is there any chance a better untethered jailbreak will come out for 9.3.5?

Using Phoenix I jailbroke my iPhone and then I downgraded it to 6.1.3. Then I jailbroke that and installed iMame4All.

Thanks for all the help guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anyone know how I would get an old 02 Iphone 4S unlocked. Ive tried to get it done through 3 who took over the o2 Network but they say they cant do it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Anyone else receive a scam/phishing email from Apple this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

Hi Folks, apologies if answered already (I did search!)

I have an iPhone previously used in a Bill Pay with Vodafone. Term expired, nothing owed, still with Vodafone.

My mums old Samsung phone has gone wallop and I want to put her Vodafone PAYG SIM (will convert to nano) in.

Apart from restoring the phone, adding her icloud account on it - anything else I need to do?

Thanks (she lives alone, is isolating and this is the connection to family - might even get a Zoom call!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

jaytobe wrote: »
    Hi Folks, apologies if answered already (I did search!)

I have an iPhone previously used in a Bill Pay with Vodafone. Term expired, nothing owed, still with Vodafone.

My mums old Samsung phone has gone wallop and I want to put her Vodafone PAYG SIM (will convert to nano) in.

Apart from restoring the phone, adding her icloud account on it - anything else I need to do?

Thanks (she lives alone, is isolating and this is the connection to family - might even get a Zoom call!)

No, that’s pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭comfort

Just remember to sign out of your iCloud account before restoring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 benhabibi

Is that possible to jailbreak IOS 13.4.1 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Jailbreak apple tv 2. I had a jailbroken atv2 a couple of years ago but gave it away as I didnt use it. Anyway I got it back and it had been restored to factory settings. So I downloaded seas0npass and began to start the jailbreak for version 6.2.1. However I'm stuck on trying to enter dfu mode I've tried multiple methods and im even getting the light flashing rapidly while holding menu/play but once I release it nothing happens and it goes back to flashing every 0.5 second. I seem to have tried every method so I'm just wondering if anyone can help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

markc91 wrote: »
    Jailbreak apple tv 2. I had a jailbroken atv2 a couple of years ago but gave it away as I didnt use it. Anyway I got it back and it had been restored to factory settings. So I downloaded seas0npass and began to start the jailbreak for version 6.2.1. However I'm stuck on trying to enter dfu mode I've tried multiple methods and im even getting the light flashing rapidly while holding menu/play but once I release it nothing happens and it goes back to flashing every 0.5 second. I seem to have tried every method so I'm just wondering if anyone can help?

So in finder its recognising that the ATV is in recovery mode but seas0npass doesnt seem to recognise it as it says waiting for device to enter dfu mode when finder says it's in recovery mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Would people recommend getting anti-virus/Malware software for a new MacBook Pro. I see conflicting things online having done a bit of research.

And if so, what one? I was looking at Norton 360 Standard.

It would only be for one device.

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

This forum is for Apple devices such as iPhone/iPad/iPod. This specific thread is about jailbreaking those devices, so you won't get much help here. Report your thread and ask a Mod to move it to the Mac forum which is here: Mac Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭OO7FITZY

have an old iphone 5 which is out of contract many years with three but despite multiple requested to have it unlocked since Nov it is still not resolved

just want to use as a secondary phone now and assumed it automatically unlocked once I finished my contract

have been using as an ipod for years and now I swap in a diff sim it is locked

are there any options open to me to unlock or jailbreak the phone or should I just resign myself to defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

Does anybody know where I can get my iPhone 6s unlocked?
    It’s locked to three but they have not been very helpful, I’m in Dublin South

Advertisement