Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is Christmas FM on all year round or just coming up to Christmas?

Just coming up to Christmas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is Christmas FM on all year round or just coming up to Christmas?

They only get a 30 Day licence so it usually runs from the 28th November - 26th December, with the first few days of the licence used for testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Aaaaaand in keeping the spirit of Christmas FM going, here's a good old rock n'roll Christmas......

Sorry for the self indulgence fellow Elves, but I just love this song:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Sully wrote: »
    Just coming up to Christmas.
    Loughc wrote: »
    They only get a 30 Day licence so it usually runs from the 28th November - 26th December, with the first few days of the licence used for testing.

Cheers guys. :)

• Advertisement

Very sad news about the passing of Bob Gallico....his links for Christmas FM were lovely.... will they be kept up in tribute this year, Ronan?

Crap. I recommended Dar.fm to record the show last year and the bleeding thing shut down on New Year's Eve! :mad: Typical. Sigh. Sorry 'bout that. Hope nobody sunk money into the chancers based on my rec.

By the way I recorded the opening two minutes last year on my Sansa clip:

http://db.tt/pJxgtfQb

Hopefully this won't be the end for Dropbox too! :D There's a bit of static ..sorry! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Ronan any info for all us dedicated Christmas people about this years Christmas FM? :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

liamo22 wrote: »
    Ronan any info for all us dedicated Christmas people about this years Christmas FM? :)

Second this, I know it prob is a bit early to be asking but you know what we're like on this forum!

Also for anyone with the TuneIn Radio App, ChristmasFM is on that 24/7 haha. If only the people on my bus knew what I was listening to this morning! Helps fight the monday blues tho :)

Has anyone heard from Ronan? We'd usually get an update by now.....

• Advertisement

washiskin wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from Ronan? We'd usually get an update by now.....

Is it by now, I wasn't sure if it was at the end of September or October he usually updates us?

EDIT: Last year he updated us on the 14th of September!

His profile says he hasn't logged in since June! Hope everything is OK Ronan! :)

His profile says he hasn't logged in since June! Hope everything is OK Ronan! :)

The Costumeshop forum is now inactive as well. Maybe he no longer posts on boards anymore? :(

There goes our exclusive backstage news on ChristmasFM, I've sent them a Facebook message to see can we get any news.

I'm going to console mys-elf with this...... :(

Loughc wrote: »
    There goes our exclusive backstage news on ChristmasFM, I've sent them a Facebook message to see can we get any news.

I got a Facebook reply, informing me an announcement on ChristmasFM will be made soon. Nothing more was given away. Less than two months before they launch I really hope we hear something soon.

I miss Ronan! I wonder would they ever revive the Top 10 Boards.ie Christmas songs show for us, with updated votes.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the non-replies, Loughc thanks for reaching out on Twitter and all is good with me so no need to worry. I'm not on boards anymore as the main reason i had been on here was for TheCostumeShop.ie's sponsored board which was discontinued.

Anyway - Yes we are back this year as anticipated. My other company Clothing.ie is taking a step back as we have some new sponsors who were keen to get on board which is great news.

Unfortunately I can't give anyway much about the plans as we want to make a bit of a splash in the media when we make the announcements about the new partners. One thing i can say is the Charity Partner this year does amazing work and will really benefit from the fund's we'll raise and the awareness the station will bring.

Don't worry I'll still be on air and make sure all the feedback from here is brought to our management meetings.

As always we'll be looking for new songs to add to the playlist - so let me know if there is ones you want added or taken off. Can't make promises but i'll throw the idea into the mix.

Total we raised last year for Childline was €116,273. We are hoping to better that figure this year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks for getting in touch, Ronan. :)

Wow €116,273 is an impressive tally- I hope you smash that total this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

What's the chances of a frequency for the midlands this year???

Hi CherryCola,

It still hasnt been decided yet I'm afraid. Will let you know more when a decision is made.

Hi Guys,

We waited till today to announce our Charity Partner for 2013.

Today was chose because it is World Mental Health Day and the charity partner for this year is... Aware.

http://www.aware.ie/

Aware do amazing work which doesn't get enough attention in our opinion and we really think that not only are they in need of funds; listeners, potential volunteers and potential users the service will benefit massively from knowing more about their existence.

For those that don't know about Aware, here's the short version (taken from their website):

"Aware works to create a society where people who experience depression and related mood disorders, and their families, are understood and supported, are free from stigma and have access to a broad range of support options.
    Aware Objectives
    • To educate the public on the nature, extent and consequences of depression and related mood disorders such as anxiety and bipolar
    • To provide emotional and practical support to individuals and families affected by depression and related disorders
    • To support research into the development and treatment of depression and related issues"

We hope to raise as much as we can during 2013 and also avoid saying "Raising Awareness for Aware" :)

• Advertisement

Fantastic charity Ronan, with more and more people suffering from depression and suicides amongst youths rising, more people should be made aware of the work they do and support they can.

Hopefully this will give the charity a much needed financial bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Hi Ronan just thought I would throw this up here, it's Kelly Clarkson's new Christmas song from her new Album.
    I think it is really catchy :D

Ok - in advance, I know you're all going to go ballistic & chuck baubles, mince pies and anything else that comes to hand at me, but I'm posting this (thought I may have already, I'm not sure). He did the cover for an American fan who made funny "please come to the US" videos and this was his response. And then he toured America a year or so later. Please don't throw anything heavy, me poor ole back'll be wrecked from all the ducking I'll have to do! :D

Confirmed on the ChristmasFM Facebook page the launch date this year will be November 28th so close :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Christmas FM Frequincies announced, Dublin-94.3, Kildare-88.1, Limerick-105.5, Cork-106.7, Galway-89.5, South East-103.8, North Midlands-99.4, North East-101.6, North Wicklow-99.5

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Crossing me fingers that the north wickla frequency will stretch down here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was tuning in Christmas FM in the car. Turns out it was still set from last year and now I'm listening to Frosty the Snowman. I presume it's a test transmission.

Correct testing will be happening on and off for the next two days, the app will have Christmas songs playing on it non stop with no live DJ until the 28th!

2 more days!! Eeeeek!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I can get it this year in the midlands!!!! :)

Took a bit of playing with the aerial cos flippin lyric fm is cutting in on the frequency but I got it!!!

• Advertisement

94.3 and 88.1 are now running.

Advertisement