Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Dublin Airport Parking queries & codes **

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,321 ✭✭✭✭ted1

they would probably have loads of space?

Honestly I have No idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Louise1234

Hi all - does anyone have a code for the Red Car Park by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Louise1234 wrote: »
    Hi all - does anyone have a code for the Red Car Park by any chance?

No. They don't give out discount codes when the car parks are at full capacity. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Louise1234

No. They don't give out discount codes when the car parks are at full capacity. Obviously.

It's not for right now, it's for start of September but sometimes the codes are valid for a few weeks ... thanks for your reply anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Louise1234 wrote: »
    It's not for right now, it's for start of September but sometimes the codes are valid for a few weeks ... thanks for your reply anyway!

Unlikely you'll get anything before the winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Does anyone know how strict the DAA are on parking exit times are? I mean when pre-booking my parking am I better to say something like exit at 6am rather than 1am to cover myself for delays etc? The price is the same anyway, but I'd rather be early than late if that makes sense!

As far as I know QuickPark park cars in blocks based on the pick up time, I think DAA are just designated car spaces though so might be different? Would appreciate some advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Does anyone know how strict the DAA are on parking exit times are? I mean when pre-booking my parking am I better to say something like exit at 6am rather than 1am to cover myself for delays etc? The price is the same anyway, but I'd rather be early than late if that makes sense!

As far as I know QuickPark park cars in blocks based on the pick up time, I think DAA are just designated car spaces though so might be different? Would appreciate some advice

DAA automatically round the time up to the same hour you entered anyway. So if you came in at 11 am and plan on exiting at 6am it will extend the time to 11 am on the day you are leaving anyway. And if you go over, they will just charge you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Does anyone know if there's a leeway with the carparks in Dublin Airport? I'm looking at booking red express car park. Just for one day but I'm not paying €34 for the short term car park.

It's €9 for the red for one day. I'm flying out at 15:35 and coming back at 13:00 the next day. Trying to avoid paying for 2 days. I was thinking of booking 14:00 > 14:00. I think that's enough time to get to airport after parking. Just carry on and already checked in.

But if I arrived at 13:50 or even a bit earlier, would the barrier lift for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Wheety wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a leeway with the carparks in Dublin Airport? I'm looking at booking red express car park. Just for one day but I'm not paying €34 for the short term car park.

It's €9 for the red for one day. I'm flying out at 15:35 and coming back at 13:00 the next day. Trying to avoid paying for 2 days. I was thinking of booking 14:00 > 14:00. I think that's enough time to get to airport after parking. Just carry on and already checked in.

But if I arrived at 13:50 or even a bit earlier, would the barrier lift for me?

The barrier will lift for you if you come early, but AFAIK if you go over 24 hours you will have to pay more to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Poochie05 wrote: »
    The barrier will lift for you if you come early, but AFAIK if you go over 24 hours you will have to pay more to get out.

I booked it 14:00 - 14:00. Flight is at 15:30 so I should be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭dubal

In my experience, if you are an hour either way you are fine, you can use it for get almost 26 hours for 24

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Anyone know if Quickpark are still in business?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Haven't been past in a while, website is live though:

Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Notification
    Quickpark is offering our regular car parking services as usual, within the guidelines and advice from the Government.
    Our Premium Parking Service, CarSPA & Car Servicing are unavailable until further notice.

Quick call?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Anyone know if Quickpark are still in business?

Last I was speaking to them they were resurfacing the place, hence it being impossible to book a place. Passed yesterday and it looked closed up.

Can't see how they could possibly lose money in an operation like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

bduffy wrote: »
    Haven't been past in a while, website is live though:

Quickpark is offering our regular car parking services as usual, within the guidelines and advice from the Government.
    Our Premium Parking Service, CarSPA & Car Servicing are unavailable until further notice.

Quick call?

I've just been on their website and can find none of the above. It tells me to book in advance but then says there are no places available. Has been like this for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

I'm trying to book a place for the last 3 days on the web page, email & phone - no luck. I guess they are closed despite the message:

"

"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Vic_08

PrzemoF wrote: »
    I'm trying to book a place for the last 3 days on the web page, email & phone - no luck. I guess they are closed despite the message:

"

"

Quickpark are gone, the site's landlord has been chasing them for money for some time now and has gotten possession back as well as a large judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭josip

Does anyone know if dogs are allowed on the shuttle bus from the red car park on a lead or do they have to be bagged?

I assume that inside the terminal building they have to be bagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Not difficult to find out. Google Dublin Airport and dogs. Airport rules apply on buses to DAA car parks

Tx, I'd already seen that.

Although not unreasonable to assume, where does it explicitly say that airport rules apply to the buses?

I asked DAA a month ago but didn't get a reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

The buses are an extension of the airport to all intents and purposes. Check out the DAA bye-laws for specifics

On the way out in December we bagged Mutley from the airport carpark.

But the Dept of Ag inspector at the airport this evening said that dogs were allowed on a lead from the baggage area out.

Also, there weren't any objections raised by the bus driver when we carried the dog onto the bus (not in his bag).

So the reality on the ground may be different to the rules as stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Are there any current discount codes for parking at Dublin Airport?

Advertisement