Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Dublin Airport Parking queries & codes **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

www.smartparkdublin.ie

Has anyone used this car park at Dublin? They're giving me a very good rate for a longer term stay so would be interested in people's opinions on this car park, is it secure etc.? Parking is at the White House Hotel if anyone knows it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are using a Gmail account for the contact email, not a sign of a professional outfit.
    We have great offers available for long term rates for people working over seas.
    Contact Shane on 0863909611 or email smartparkdublin@gmail.com to get a quote.
    Special Offer for 2 weeks parking Only €45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

The white house hotel has been doing airport parking for years. Its on the old Ashbourne road.

Its a traditional road house style hotel - quite nice in the traditional way.

I'd have no issue if it suited me. - Its probably 20-25 min from airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Walter2016 wrote: »
    The white house hotel has been doing airport parking for years. Its on the old Ashbourne road.

Its a traditional road house style hotel - quite nice in the traditional way.

I'd have no issue if it suited me. - Its probably 20-25 min from airport.

more like 10-15 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

if its two weeks. smartpark are e45 and quickpark for 15 days is E42 with "WOOF" discount code...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Hi,

So it was my first time booking flights and parking for my partner for Christmas and I booked us into the Holiday Blue Car Park (we are only going from a friday to a monday - very very early Friday, I must say).

Is it very far from the airport and if so, the shuttle bus - does it run regularly and how long does it take?

I'd appreciate all your help <3 Thanks!

Also - any tips for things I should make sure I haven't forgot?

I have return and going tickets, parking, booked seats and bus to the city from the airport when we get to our destination.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Its approx 10 mins drive from the airport itself and buses are approx every 15mins from memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

kieran. wrote: »
    Its approx 10 mins drive from the airport itself and buses are approx every 15mins from memory.

Thank you very much,Kieran. That's exactly what I wanted to hear/know. So I definitely made the right choice. Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

If you're only there over a weekend, I'd have paid marginally more for the convenience of Quickpark or DAA Red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Leave yourself plenty of time to get from car park and through security as it can be very busy early in the am

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carl-sagan

Just a query about parking rates here . How much is short-term parking at Terminal 2 and if I drive up tomorrow will I get a space ? Flight due in at 1245 and have a passenger with a few bags

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

€3 per hour for first hour, €4.50 for each additional hour. I've no idea on spacing but given the size of it and cost I would say there will be plenty of spaces.

https://www.dublinairport.com/car-parks/short-term-parking?gclid=COyS7f2a_NACFU2x7QodRI4GgA&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

US airports have a great system called cell phone lots, it's a nice parking area about a mile from the airport where you pull in and wait for the call from the arriving passenger then you drive up and make the pick up. Works real well as the high demand collection area is literaly only used for 1minute

DAA should consider this instead of paying jealous airport police to drive around in expensive jeeps to nooks and crannies around the airport where they rudely demand in their best mall cop tone that you immediately move on.l or else you will be towed. Unfortunately with most of the DAA it's all about max revenue extraction rather than customer experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

US airports have a great system called cell phone lots, it's a nice parking area about a mile from the airport where you pull in and wait for the call from the arriving passenger then you drive up and make the pick up. Works real well as the high demand collection area is literaly only used for 1minute

DAA should consider this instead of paying jealous airport police to drive around in expensive jeeps to nooks and crannies around the airport where they rudely demand in their best mall cop tone that you immediately move on.l or else you will be towed. Unfortunately with most of the DAA it's all about max revenue extraction rather than customer experience.

Having a dedicated pick up point would be a start, I vaguely remember one around the Spar area but it didn't last long. The ironic thing is that I've been waiting down the end of T1 for taxis the odd time and airport staff would regularly leave their cars there while they run into the airport for a few minutes.

To be fair in this climate parking in nooks and crannies at any airport will have the police after you and most other police forces won't be as nice as our Airport Police, there are plenty of places to park around the airport that don't attract attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I do that pick up every week. I park in McDonalds, pick up a very acceptable coffee, and sit in the car waiting for a call to say, "I'm walking out of arrivals". Then a quick zip around to pick up. Simple.

If the Airport Police have one of their very infrequent checks set up (twice last year) and ask why I'm driving through departures with no passenger to drop off, I tell them I'm not going to the airport at all. Just passing through to get to McDonalds.

Pretty much a McDonalds based system. Works every time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The above is what I do too, with a pre-arranged pick up point that suits both terminals. I have never managed to get out of the airport parking for only one hour's fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭armabelle

Hi there. Family and I are going on holiday and I am checking my car into Holiday Long Term Blue Car Park near the airport. Has anybody else used this carpark before? It said when making the reservation that a bus will take you to the departures terminal but no information was provided regarding this. Can anybody else please tell me if they know where to get this bus or any advice at all.

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

armabelle wrote: »
    Hi there. Family and I are going on holiday and I am checking my car into Holiday Long Term Blue Car Park near the airport. Has anybody else used this carpark before? It said when making the reservation that a bus will take you to the departures terminal but no information was provided regarding this. Can anybody else please tell me if they know where to get this bus or any advice at all.

thank you

Not sure which ones I've used in the past, but.....

The buses got every 10-15 minutes, you can't miss them and there will usually be a queue waiting. If I remember correctly there are also designated and signposted areas showing you where the bus pick up is. You'll see them after you drive into the car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I did it a few weeks ago. Bus, easily seen, picks you up and stops at the 2 terminals. No charge. Same on the reverse.

It runs round the clock.
    Enjoy...(dont forget where you parked the car...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

armabelle wrote: »

thank you

The car parks are usually subdivided into zones, like A to H. There are bus shelters located in a few spots.

The buses arrive at regular intervals throughout the day.... Possibly every ten minutes at peak.

You won't have any problems. It's straightforward. One very important point.... Remember the zone you parked in. The car park is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,819 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I haven't actually used the blue carpark, but if it's the same as the others (and why wouldn't it be?) then there will be bus stops dotted around the carpark, and buses will appear roaming up and down the carpark picking up passengers from all the stops.

Don't cut it too fine for when you need to be in the terminal - worst case scenario you'll have just missed a bus and will have to wait for the next one, and you'll be at its first stop so will have to visit all the other stops before heading for the terminals, and your terminal will of course be the second on on its route!

That's worst case.

I don't know how far the blue carpark is from the terminal.

Take a photograph of nearest zone sign to your car with your phone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Enjoy...(dont forget where you parked the car...)

Spent a long time looking for my car once, it's big!

Also, if you come back and your battery is flat they will send someone out to help you for free!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Shuttle bus. You'll see the stop(s) when you arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭CFlat

If you make your back out to where you drove in that's normally where the shuttle buses collect passengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Take a picture of the row number/ Bus stop where you are and one of the general area.
    makes finding the car and knowing where to get off easier on the return journey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dennyk

CFlat wrote: »
    If you make your back out to where you drove in that's normally where the shuttle buses collect passengers.

Nah, the shuttle bus drives through the whole lot; you can wait at any of the bus shelters along the main lane and it'll pick you up as it goes by.

The bus runs at least every 10-15 minutes 24/7, as I recall, and takes about 10 minutes to reach T2 and another couple minutes to T1. Probably best to figure on at least half an hour from the time you park until you reach the terminal when planning your arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

Leave plenty of time to get to the terminal as the shuttle bus can be delayed at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Take a picture of the row number/ Bus stop where you are and one of the general area.
    makes finding the car and knowing where to get off easier on the return journey

That's what I do aswell. No panic on the return!

Great idea, if I remember to do it:pac:

I wonder what happens if you forget? How do you find your car!!

I think they go by the approx time and date you entered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭cml387

I tend to use the long term red. It's actually within walking distance of the terminals.

Advertisement