Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Dublin Airport Parking queries & codes **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It runs round the clock. Enjoy...(dont forget where you parked the car...)

Get one of those apps on your phone that lets you record where you parked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,279 ✭✭✭✭ted1

cml387 wrote: »
    I tend to use the long term red. It's actually within walking distance of the terminals.

That's debatable.

My preference is quick park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Pipmae

ted1 wrote: »
    That's debatable.

My preference is quick park.

+1

Quickpark.ie is the best IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

OP, when you park you're directed into a particular row. The bus will stop there, at a bus stop near one or the other end of the row. Other people will probably already be queuing there. +1 on taking a photo of the row number; people tend to be sleepy or rushed when leaving the car park, and tired when coming back, so a photo is handy.
    By the way, a lot of the car parks have (or used to have) cheaper rates if you booked online; they also send you helpful texts if you do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Go on, give us a clue there! thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

That's what I do aswell. No panic on the return!

Great idea, if I remember to do it:pac:

I wonder what happens if you forget? How do you find your car!!

I think they go by the approx time and date you entered.

No point knowing when you entered. You could have parked anywhere:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hi,

This is potentially going to be a stupid question but I don't travel much so I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

I'm looking to book parking at dublin airport, I'm just curious as to whether the shuttle busses to the various car parks run all night?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Yes they do.

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Hi,

This is potentially going to be a stupid question but I don't travel much so I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

I'm looking to book parking at dublin airport, I'm just curious as to whether the shuttle busses to the various car parks run all night?

Yes. I always use the Blue carpark. Heading North on M50, take Exit 4 for Naul and follow signs. Allow 30 minutes to get from carpark to terminal. It won't take this long, but that's my rule of thumb!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Thank you. I haven't been out of the country for almost a decade.

I didn't book this holiday and have one last question. What constitutes hand luggage with ryanair? I hear people saying you can bring 2 bags onboard?

• Advertisement

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Thank you. I haven't been out of the country for almost a decade.

I didn't book this holiday and have one last question. What constitutes hand luggage with ryanair? I hear people saying you can bring 2 bags onboard?

Here you go. One decent sized overnight case and a handbag.

"You can carry one cabin bag weighing up to 10 kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, plus 1 small bag up to 35 x 20 x 20 onboard the aircraft." https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage#0-18

Just make sure you don't have liquids/gels in bottles bigger than 100 ml and have them ready in their plastic bag. Also have laptop handy as you'll need to take it out of bag and present separately at security. You will have to remove coat, shoes, belt and possible scarf at security, so dress accordingly. Be prepared for all these and you won't have any delay or delay others! (Nothing worse than being stuck behind someone who has to be told to do all this)

Just make sure you don't have liquids/gels in bottles bigger than 100 ml and have them ready in their plastic bag.
    These plastic bags are usually available before you get to the security check.
    https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/passenger-information/airport-security/faqs

No point knowing when you entered. You could have parked anywhere:D

The company and the office must know roughly where spaces are in a particular area depending on the time/date you arrive.

They have to have a solution, otherwise people would never get their car back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

The company and the office must know roughly where spaces are in a particular area depending on the time/date you arrive.

They have to have a solution, otherwise people would never get their car back.

There are only a few zones open at any given time. I forgot to make a note of where I parked once and they just asked what date and roughly what time I had parked and told me the zones that had been open. Found the car easy enough after that (panicked initially tho!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

even better get your partner or whatever to take a photo as well, as murphy's law your phone will be dead when you need it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Take a picture of the row number/ Bus stop where you are and one of the general area.
    makes finding the car and knowing where to get off easier on the return journey

Take a photo or two and email them to yourself in case you lose the phone. You don't need an app for this kind of stuff. :)

hollypink wrote: »
    There are only a few zones open at any given time. I forgot to make a note of where I parked once and they just asked what date and roughly what time I had parked and told me the zones that had been open. Found the car easy enough after that (panicked initially tho!)

Exactly. It works. Most people know the time and date of their flight, and have a rough estimate of the entry time.

There would be chaos otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

kbannon wrote: »
    https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/passenger-information/airport-security/faqs

Nowhere on that webpage does Dublin airport say that they have those bags in the airport.

Anyone who leaves that until they get to the airport deserves to have all of their liquids confiscated.

Do it at home.

Can I bring my own transparent plastic bag from home?

Yes, we strongly encourage you to do so. The bag must be transparent, resealable (approximately 20cm x 20cm.) These bags are available at most local supermarkets.

I've seen them available in other Airports, but can't remember seeing them in Dublin. Best to be prepared and bring your own!

coylemj wrote: »
    Nowhere on that webpage does Dublin airport say that they have those bags in the airport.
    Apologies. The link was simply added for more security info.
    In terms of the bags, they have been available any time I've flown previously. I do however have my own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In terms of the bags, they have been available any time I've flown previously. I do however have my own.

I do remember a vending machine selling little plastic balls containing two bags for liquids for €1 but I haven't noticed it recently, could be because I didn't need it so wasn't looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

bags definitely available prior to security in T2
    I use the Red car park for any trips I'm away for more than 2 days otherwise just bite the bullet and book the short term as I usually get back in last flight and like the convenience of a quick walk to my car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

When I had a car I lost it in a Dublin Airport car park (one of the indoor ones) and eventually pressed the help button. They asked for the number plate, looked it up on their photographic records and directed me exactly to the bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭caddy16

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    bags definitely available prior to security in T2
    I use the Red car park for any trips I'm away for more than 2 days otherwise just bite the bullet and book the short term as I usually get back in last flight and like the convenience of a quick walk to my car
    I've a 6.30 am flight next week, away for a few days and cant decide on short term or just going with the red car park. What should I leave as a realistic transfer time from the red? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,957 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

caddy16 wrote: »
    I've a 6.30 am flight next week, away for a few days and cant decide on short term or just going with the red car park. What should I leave as a realistic transfer time from the red? Thanks in advance.
    Officially it's every 7 mins but realistically more like 10 mins at peak times. (5am to 8am would be peak times)

EDIT: just realised you meant travel time to terminal - about 5 mins

caddy16 wrote: »

No matter what car park I'm using, I factor in 30 minutes, just to be on the safe side!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Saint_M

Just To let anyone know,
    I've just checked Quickpark at Dublin airport for June 2017 and promo code "CINEMA" got me 10% off standard parking,
    While "WOOF" got me 10 euro off either Premium or standard parking. So I used WOOF and got my parking 10 euro cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dr Dave

Thanks, Just saved a tenner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Will be booking the Red Express car park later this afternoon. Flying out at 6.30am tomorrow. Will be my first time using it and booking online.

How does it all work? Are you given a booking number or recepit when you book online and you present that at arrival or exit? Are there separate entrys for prepaid bookings or pay on the day? What time should I arrive, to be at T1 at 5.15am. Are you assigned a space, if you book online, or do you find your own space? Are there long queues to get in, find a space, wait for the shuttle bus, queue to get on the shuttle bus etc etc at that time of the morning?

If you want to be within a walkable distance of the terminal, the Short term car park (at 40 quid a day) is the only option, right? Am only going to be gone until 10pm on Thursday night, so don't mind coughing up to be closer to the terminal, but not 80 quids worth.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Will be booking the Red Express car park later this afternoon. Flying out at 6.30am tomorrow. Will be my first time using it and booking online.

How does it all work? Are you given a booking number or recepit when you book online and you present that at arrival or exit? Are there separate entrys for prepaid bookings or pay on the day. What times should I arrive, to be at T1 at 5.15am. Are you assigned a space, if you book online, or do you find your own space? Are there long queues to get in, wait for the shuttle bus, queue to get on the shuttle bus etc etc at that time of the morning?

If you want to be within a walkable distance of the terminal, the Short term car park (at 40 quid a day) is the only option, right? Am only going to be gone until 10pm on Thursday night, so don't mind coughing up to be closer to the te rminal, but not 80 quids worth.

Thanks.

The way it works is the machine reads your reg on way in & out and barrier opens. On occassion it might not read right so you have to have the card you pre-paid with available to put in. Never had a problem.

The short term isn't €40 a day - might be worth looking it up as it's often a good price for mid-week trips. For walkable to the terminal, short term is the only option.

Advertisement