Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Dublin Airport Parking queries & codes **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'm not trying to be smart but calling the hotel will give you that answer far quicker than anyone here.
    I'd imagine that as with any hotel in other locations it depends on whether the hotel charges for parking and whether the meeting organiser has arranged for parking to be included for delegates in the package they signed up for with the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭horse7

Thanks, have done so, it's a tenner for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Quick park 15% off code is EASTER . Book by 27th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

I've to get a flight early 6AM on Monday morning ...be stretched enough to get there for that hour so not so sure about long term car parks ..will be gone 2 days .. what's best short term price options?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Usually quickpark.ie with a discount code.

See the last few pages of this thread for discount codes for Quickpark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Hey guys never used airport parking before so bear with me:

1. How long does it take to park and get back to the airport in Dublin on average?

2. Is it OK to leave laptops and work bags in the car for a week? Or are these carparks regularly robbed etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

kokiyou wrote: »
    Hey guys never used airport parking before so bear with me:

1. How long does it take to park and get back to the airport in Dublin on average?

2. Is it OK to leave laptops and work bags in the car for a week? Or are these carparks regularly robbed etc.

Have only ever used quickpark. Never waited longer than 5 minutes after we arrived before the bus was on its way to the airport.
    Never had an excessive wait coming back to the car park either. Biggest drama was forgetting which section we were parked in once.

Have never seen any sign of any cars being broken into (smashed windows etc.), but I presume the usual rules of leaving nothing visible apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Dublin Airport Long Term Red is pretty much the same as Quickpark - frequent bus service to the terminals - there's always a bus waiting at the pick up point and it's only five minutes to T2 at the most.

They're much of a muchness, but there's nearly always a code floating around for Quickpark, so I opt for that as it's a little cheaper.

Personally I wouldn't leave anything of any value in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Best restaurant for breakfast anyone?
    Preferably after security check

I've kinda figured that 51st and green is a snacky type place and no meals as such. Not sure what people do be paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

The breakfast in the restaurant upstairs airside is better than the bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

6 choices really

Restaurant on the arrivals level *
    Bar in T2 departures *
    Restaurant in T2 departures upstairs *
    Aer Lingus lounge if you have access (not great)
    Dublin Airport lounge if you have access (not great)
    51st and Green if you have access and flying to the US (better than the above 2)

Only those marked * have hot food

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Thanks folks, not sure how or why this ended up in the parking section.

Id swap out free drinks for some hot food in lounges everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Hi, does anyone have any promo codes for the green carpark?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

any one know if theres parking for private buses at the airport? I need to meet and collect people over the weekend with a small bus but its too high for the carparks

Suggest you wait in the car park of a local business or pub, get them to assemble at a pre-arranged point, text you when they are ready and you swoop in and collect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭goochy

heading to uk on Saturday at around 7am and coming back that evening , are there any special rates for one day in airport short term parking or must i go to long term ?
    if its long term parking which is best one for price and links to the terminal ?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭b318isp

Use the Red Car Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Check on the Dublin airport website sometimes offers on pre book on short term especially at weekend when there's less business travellers. Otherwise red is the closest long term

thanks is the red carpark short term ?

sorry disregard last post !
    thanks

• Advertisement

Also the option of quickpark.ie with a code.

sorry guys , if my ryanair flight leaves at 6.25 am , what time should i aim to get to airport at ?
    sorry dont fly as much as i used to do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

goochy wrote: »
    sorry guys , if my ryanair flight leaves at 6.25 am , what time should i aim to get to airport at ?

Buy the Fast Track - if you sign up for email alerts from Dublin Airport you might get a free one, I just did.

I'd be getting to the airport at 5, but remember to factor in the time from Red Car Park - if it were me I'd stump up for the Short Term.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Never taken me more than 5-10 minutes to get through security in Dublin. Can't understand Fast Track unless you get it free or your company is paying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

goochy wrote: »

If you have already checked in and dont have any bags to drop, then be there around 5ish. otherwise give yourself another hour.

For parking- really depends what you want to pay. A day parking is usually around 40 EUR short term. Quickpark is about 8 EUR...but give yourself another 15 mins to get from there to the airport.

That said, you could probably do it all a lot quicker, but might be tight for time & may be stressful for you!

cheers

daheff wrote: »
    If you have already checked in and dont have any bags to drop, then be there around 5ish. otherwise give yourself another hour.

For parking- really depends what you want to pay. A day parking is usually around 40 EUR short term. Quickpark is about 8 EUR...but give yourself another 15 mins to get from there to the airport.

That said, you could probably do it all a lot quicker, but might be tight for time & may be stressful for you!

I'm getting short term terminal 2 for 29.50 this Sunday.

Never taken me more than 5-10 minutes to get through security in Dublin. Can't understand Fast Track unless you get it free or your company is paying it.

You've been very lucky, had a few 15-20 minute recently. That said, they do sometimes over-egg the time notifications on the display panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

I'm getting short term terminal 2 for 29.50 this Sunday.

yeah thats probably right.. Couldn't remember what i was charged last time & hadn't the time to properly check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 curtis123

Anybody have parking codes for any of the dublin airport car parks for november

Advertisement