Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I love the sound of the quicker TTK but fully understand how that can be frustrating with getting picked off by campers. I'll be just posting campaign anyway before touching multiplayer, get me used to the controls before getting absolutely wrecked in multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Won't get this until Monday, is there a big patch download?

56gb patch on ps4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Noobs and knobs all over The place totally agree with you...

Id argue hardcore and any superfast TTK fps requires very little skill to be able to grab some kills.
    A longer TTK requires the ability to keep your aim constant and on point.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    56gb patch on ps4.

Balls. It's gonna take forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

when i put the disc in, it downloaded 35gb. When i went to start it, i was informed there was a PS4 update needed, downloaded that. Then when i went to start the game it stated there was another update to download, that was a hefty 50gb. Just finished a 3rd download of 2gb.

Finally got to put it on, wither ****ing update, not enough space on my ps4. I had 60gb free so uninstalled a game, retried update to find it's a 1.8gb file. I get updates are good and fix things but calm down and requiring 70gb+ for an update.

Edit: update downloaded quick and now it's crawling at 'copying' the file :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Dcully wrote: »
    Id argue hardcore and any superfast TTK fps requires very little skill to be able to grab some kills.
    A longer TTK requires the ability to keep your aim constant and on point.

I'd have to disagree there it takes a great deal of skill to react quicker than someone else. In doing so your aim has to be on point! Granted if you are spraying bullets and manage to get someone to walk in front of them then there wouldn't be a whole lot of skill involved but I have never seen anyone play hardcore like that myself.

XP tokens from the campaign are a bit of a joke. Activated one there and the game decides to take 5 minutes to find a match!

Hmm.. 2gb GW update there probably why!?

First game of GW someone gets a nuke, this needs to be made harder to achieve.

• Advertisement

I'd have to disagree there it takes a great deal of skill to react quicker than someone else. In doing so your aim has to be on point! Granted if you are spraying bullets and manage to get someone to walk in front of them then there wouldn't be a whole lot of skill involved but I have never seen anyone play hardcore like that myself.

I hear ya, its certainly a different style of gameplay,its pretty subjective too.
    Its not hard to hit someone anywhere in the body in a fraction of a second, [on pc atleast] the skill is staying on the target and popping headshots.
    Reactions and aim are two totally different things.
    On pc everyone and his dog can almost instantly pop onto the target anywhere on the screen thus making this TTK on PC too low.

Still a fun game all the same, best COD in a long time, hope ground war which is my big hope for this game is not plagued by killstreak spam like it was in the beta.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

One of the easiest Platinums, all campaign related trophies.
    No even a token "reach level 5 in MP" trophy.

GW is a lot better than the beta, less chaotic

Funny bug... Got taken out by a cruise missile in an APC the cross-hair stayed on screen and assisted a no-scope.

https://twitter.com/PhilGolden_/status/1187901148021301254?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Decided to give the Campaign a go last night and really enjoying it great HDR graphics on PS4. MP is fine and a lot more enjoyable then the turd that was Black Ops4. I am waiting for Kill Confirmed to make an appearance. I don't mind the Campers as I will come back and kill you for camping that's a promise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

No deathmatch in mp.. only team deathmatch..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

So far I'm enjoying it. Reminds me of og modern warfare

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    No deathmatch in mp.. only team deathmatch..

FFA is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Killstreaks need to die.

in the HQ? mode spawn...get killed by the gunship repeat infinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DrFunkatron

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Killstreaks need to die.

in the HQ? mode spawn...get killed by the gunship repeat infinity.

Anyone here having issues on Xbox one x? Someone on Reddit is claiming MW has bricked their console after locking up 3 or 4 times 😬

The campaign is really good only played the first 6 missions but really enjoyed them. The only thing is there is no summary of what you get for completing or how well you played the mission. For replayability it would be great to have a score or summary for rewards at the end of a mission. Most of the mission give a double XP token which can be used in MP. This is also very hard to see because you have to activate it with LS down, or equivalent, when the game is in a lobby or counting down to a match. The timer counts down regardless also which sucks!

Does anyone know can you get the campaign double XP rewards over and over again though? Have not tested this out.

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm really enjoying it to be honest. Was nervous about buying it on launch since about 6 or so years in a row now I've found them to be pure garbage, but no regrets so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

First few acts of the campaign have been fantastic. I'm too old for online twitch shooters but it's calling to me. It may be the alcohol talking.

Loving the campaign, tense, gorgeous, non stop. Think I'm just starting mission 9 but really enjoying it, definitely ploughing on to the end before touching multiplayer.

Mr.S wrote: »
    You get a Rank per mission and the reward for completing it, it's just not shown straight after the mission to (I assume) keep the reality of the campaign going.

You can see your rank / reward afterwards on the story mission selector.

It would be more immersive showing it after a mission or in the pause menu when on the next mission. Instead you have to break immersion completely to look online and see!

Famas and that sawn-off without a silencer or scope is a deadly combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Some of the campaign missions were absolutely heart wrenching. Brilliant story telling

Constant UAV spam ruining an otherwise top class experience for me and the guys i play with.

Anyone here having issues on Xbox one x? Someone on Reddit is claiming MW has bricked their console after locking up 3 or 4 times 😬

Yeah, it's a nightmare. Seems to be linked to being in a party, from my experience. No issues when playing TDM on my own.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrmodernwaaaaaaaaaaaaaarfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare

it get's the old heart pumping

Dcully wrote: »
    Constant UAV spam ruining an otherwise top class experience for me and the guys i play with.

No problem when teammates lend a hand taking them out.

The UAVs are easy to shoot down.

• Advertisement

you can't play ground war on console unless you cross play
    sigh
    because that 's equal

awec wrote: »
    The UAVs are easy to shoot down.

Ofcourse but its no fun spending a whole game trying to shoot them down , 2-3 up constantly is a joke.
    Its a lot worse than previous cod games too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Hadn't bought an IW game since Ghosts. You forget just how much their map and game design promotes camping. The amount of crouched/prone ADS killcams for the entire duration of the thing is huge. Little chutes and stuff littered throughout the map. Taking out scorestreaks and making it about kills again only plays into it further.

That said when you get the right game it's been enjoyable. I'm enjoying the 'Alpha' marksman rifle and have come around to the movement mechanics. I hope once people learn the maps there'll be a bit less camping but given the design of them I have worries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,429 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would Argos be the best place to pick this up tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Seemingly there is another ground war map, personaolly I dont believe and think its an internet rumour.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Switching to this from Apex has been interesting....
    I keep going to revive teammates

MiCr0 wrote: »

Play cyber attack mode and revive to your hearts content :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Being disappointed at not being able to slide all the way down ramps does it for me.

playing the campaign on veteran and it's easy compared to co-op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Im having a problem with the MP on ps4. My weapon is constantly raised making it umplayable. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Mr.S wrote: »
    Are you doing the quick sprint?

Im actually thinking its my controller, which means i have 2 broken controllers because i cant sprint with my other one. Crap!

How do I get good at multiplayer? I was good in cod:ghosts but I'm dire at modern warfare. Really putting me off the game. People seem to camp a lot and ignore objectives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Jesus played first game of tdm. 3 players off the other team never left the spawns

heroics wrote: »
    Jesus played first game of tdm. 3 players off the other team never left the spawns

A lot of camping from what I see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

A lot of camping from what I see

I'm an admitted camper lads. Sorry if I'm ruining it for you. I'm trying to figure out the maps. Didn't know I needed to run around like a prick so you boys could pick me off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

Haha same here. I get shot and think someones gonna revive me, then I remember its not gonna happen here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Ironicname wrote: »
    I'm an admitted camper lads. Sorry if I'm ruining it for you. I'm trying to figure out the maps. Didn't know I needed to run around like a prick so you boys could pick me off.

Hard to figure out the map if your camping in the one spot at the back of the map :) I have no problem with slow/tactical play it’s the people that never leave the back of the map for the entire game peaking a corner wreck my head.

tbh after playing for an hour the footsteps are seriously loud. I could hear people miles away on with the headset on and just wait for them. Dead silence needs to be a perk imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Finished the story mode earlier. Bit short I thought. Had a bit of a wtf moment when the credits start rolling. Otherwise it was okay. No mission really stood out except maybe both London ones. Graphics are unreal though.

Don't really understand the Co-op mode yet, still trying to get my head around it. Online seems okay so far, only gripe is the quick play select/de-select game types seems more awkward.

There are loads of campers in multiplayer but I am sort of putting that down to people not knowing the maps yet. I don't know where to check when I'm running about, so I get picked off by campers all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Where's the cheat place in town to get it on PS4?

• Advertisement
Advertisement