Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto corsa

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ScumLord wrote: »
    The McLaren is a very different beast to the Ferrari. Each car is so different to the last. I haven't looked too much into the traction control systems but it does make a difference on the McLaren, it turns in a lot better.

I'm still trying to beat the stig achievement. I'm less than .2 of a second away.
    This was terrible. In car I could see it was taking forever for him to turn the wheel; would never make a corner like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The Ferrari F40 arrives on Friday, more than likely we'll get Monza. The rest is a bit vague but possibly the BMW Z4 GT car too.

Still no racing yet, AI is close but not ready yet.

Can't wait to try this Ferrari, watched a Chris Harris video on it and apparently it's the greatest supercar ever made.

Drag strip v AI (i think or is it ghost car?)

I'm so slow at reacting off the line :(

F40 is viscous tho

The drag strip is AI. I'm using a clutch trying to find the bite point but I'm making a mess of it most times.

The Ferrari is a handful, brakes have certainly improved a lot since that car was made. It feels light and nibble though.

Assetto Corsa is in a sale on Steam right now. Down to €26. Offer ends tomorrow.

• Advertisement

F40 with no assists on is very much a handful; you know it's an older car!

Must try with the wheel later...and look into the using a clutch too.

bah can't assign a button to the clutch, needs to be a axis. Driving forceGT here.

so the mclaren is still ****, does not want to turn.

the 599xx is a sexy beast.

the f40...worth it for the sound alone. amazing. the turbo whistle when on full boost, the actual turbo lag, no proper brakes but such a hoot.

it's a pity the UI is still so flaky for me, specially trying to set up controls.

kaimera wrote: »
    F40 with no assists on is very much a handful; you know it's an older car!

Must try with the wheel later...and look into the using a clutch too.
    The F40 is always ready to bite, you just can't get comfortable with it at all. The minute I relax in that car the turbos try to kill me. :D
    the 599xx is a sexy beast.
    Very nice drive.

I wonder which of these cars will be able to race each other?

Think I sorted some mild issues with DFGT.

Thought the logitech sw I had for the kb/mouse would do for the wheel but I still needed the old profiler program.

Set up 900 degree steering and big improvement in how the cars handle in game. Still would like the tiptronic shifter to work and some more buttons but down the line I guess.

Spent ages on the drag racing. Cannot for the life of me win in the Zonda R...but the others where I can tweak aero for better traction and such are good.

Gas to see the reaction time go up and up after a few beers :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

When is AI being added guys?

Somethings happening on the 31st but outside of that being the release of Ai/Multi it's probably going to be mid January.

The Nords was announced as a DLC available in September. First laser scanned version in a sim.

• Advertisement

Treated myself to this today and sweet jesus its fantastic.
    Physics are up there with iracing :eek: i can literally feel every nook and cranny brilliant stuff altogether!
    Graphics and sound are jaw-dropping too ,roll on the AI.
    The 599xx is dare i say it orgasmic to both drive and listen to , digital cocaine right there!
    Delighted i didnt sell my G25 now :)

€26.24 on steam for next few hours.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210

La Ferrari has been added to the final list of cars in the release version.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/laferrari-official-license-for-assetto-corsa/

First hybrid in the game.

There is a rally route from RBR available for AC.

Don't have the link handy but it's quite a good track to try.

Looking forward to the AI

You can turn on AI now by changing a line in one of the ini files, I tried it but the AI is obviously not finished yet. If they're in the lead they put up a decent enough battle (on some combinations of track and car, on some tracks they just go straight on at the first corner) but once you overtake them they throw a complete hissy fit and try and take you out.

I accidentally wiped my settings and lap times doing it though. It recognised the change and thought there was something wrong and I went ahead and told it to reset the account without thinking.

Yeah ive been messing about with the AI as explained over on the RD forums but they are too erratic to bother with but the AI they are working on looks great.

Finally coming up to the next update (friday), I've heard rumours we'll get AI or multiplayer.

If it's multiplayer would we have the makings of a race here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

I'm pretty crap tbh, but if multiplayer comes out on the next release, I would be happy to join in for a laugh.

The fiat abarth was fun to race in netkar, it's slow speed means you can save most errors before disaster.

• Advertisement

I hope its AI, multiplayer will be mayhem unless in an organized league or server.

Looks like you'll get your wish Dcully, AI seems certain at this point. Cars wise we'll be getting the BMW 1M and a few more variations of the E30.

delighted.com

As it is the physics are up there with iracing,graphics and sound are better than pretty much any sim out there imo.
    Working AI will top it off nicely with still more developing and fine tuning along with content to come.
    Based on the few videos of AI they also look to be top class.

I'll be leaving my PC on Friday, I hope it's ready by the time I get home from work. Is it wrong to get aroused by pictures of a game?

1502784_10201409152944732_843771005_o.jpg

1501117_10201409031421694_1790167871_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Not been on here for a while lads, been enjoying Assetto Corsa though, the cars are fantastic with each one feeling different enough than the last to make it enjoyable. Love the feel of the BMW Group A E30. feels as nimble as a go kart and feels amazing with a H shifter. I'm going to stay around and join in more discussions. :)

Speaking of H shifter i cant get m G25 h shifter working with AC :(

I had no problems with my fanatec H shifter. Does it let you program the buttons, or just doesn't work once you launch the game?

the fanatec one plugs into the wheel though, is the G25 on it's own seperate USB? I see they keep updating their list of wheel set ups too.

I can assign inputs with h shifter but once in car they simply dont work.
    G25 shifter plugs into wheel too.

Did you try contacting Kunos directly or through their forum? There's bound to be more than one person with the same problem. You don't have any special software or profilers running in the background that could be affecting it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Dcully, I have the full Fanatec Clubsport setup, I noticed that you must go to OPTIONS - CONTROLS - on the top right click SHIFTERS, and make you tick the box marked "use separate shifter". its not logical because our shifters are the same make as the wheel, but when I disable this option my H shifter stops working! Best of Luck, hope it works out for you! :)

Advertisement