Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PPR League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

eagle eye wrote: »
    Had a problem with my router and couldn't pick in the later rounds. I felt I was putting together a nice team but then these picks came at the end like wtf?

Before losing connection

QB: Peyton, Eli
    RB: Jackson, Bradshaw
    WR: Fitzgerald, Wayne, Garcon
    TE: Gronkowski

You did pick the Manning brothers, I thought you were only joking during the draft. What's the thinking behind that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I notice in the league settings, the waiver order is set to: 'Resets each week to inverse order of standings'.

Is this by design or default?

I think the standard boards setting of 'Move to Last after Claim, Never Reset' is a better option.

padraig_f wrote: »
    I notice in the league settings, the waiver order is set to: 'Resets each week to inverse order of standings'.

Is this by design or default?

I think the standard boards setting of 'Move to Last after Claim, Never Reset' is a better option.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't actually notice this, thanks for pointing it out. I'll change it now, if anyone has a great case to make for the "inverse order of standing" they can make it here, otherwise we'll leave it at the standard Boards setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Just as a point, the standard boards settings are for the boards leagues prem through 7. Any other league set up through boards doesnt have to adhere to those rules. That inverse order of standings has been there since the ppr was setup 2 years ago (i definitely remember it last year). Personally i have no preference which method is used

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just as a point, the standard boards settings are for the boards leagues prem through 7. Any other league set up through boards doesnt have to adhere to those rules. That inverse order of standings has been there since the ppr was setup 2 years ago (i definitely remember it last year). Personally i have no preference which method is used

I orefer the "'Resets each week to inverse order of standings" as it encourages movements of players and if someone has a bit of bad luck they can quickly get back into it.

Not a huge deal but I just prefer that method

• Advertisement

Just as a point, the standard boards settings are for the boards leagues prem through 7. Any other league set up through boards doesnt have to adhere to those rules.
    Yeah, I wasn't saying it necessarily had to be the same, just that it's used in those leagues and I think it works well.
    Dodge wrote: »
    I orefer the "'Resets each week to inverse order of standings" as it encourages movements of players and if someone has a bit of bad luck they can quickly get back into it.

Maybe it's subjective, why I prefer the non-reset:

- Not seeing a good reason to give an advantage to under-performing teams. To me it's just artificially making things closer. There's already a large enough element of luck in FF, and doing that makes it a bit more of a crapshoot.

- The really good waiver guys are usually available in the first few weeks, and who knows who the bad teams are at that stage? You have an unlucky week or two and you find yourself with all the good picks at the start, but you might not be a bad team. Meanwhile the guys who gets off to a good start are penalised.

- Non-reset gives everyone a fair chance at the early picks, you claim someone in week one, you'll have a lower priority in week 2. If you hold off in week 1, you'll have a good opportunity in week 2, so it gives everyone a chance.

- Re: encouraging movement. I don't think this is a problem, I know there was plenty of waiver-wire activity in my boards league last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Depends on what you see the league as, a serious challenge or a fun time sink. Something that allows games to be closer and teams to continue to compete is the preferable option for me. I don't see a reason to change what's already there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't mind either way, but the resets every week is good for people who missed the draft or who made some mistakes while drafting.

As I said I don't have any strong opinions either way but if you have a poor team it will be very ifficult to be competitive using the never resets option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'm with Syferus. It's a bit of fun. Whichever way isn't really going to affect teams that much.

Ok, this is something we should really sort out before the season proper starts. So please vote on this thread one way or the other for the waiver settings for either.....

(1) Move to last after claim
    or
    (2) Resets each week to inverse order of standings

If you don't have a strong opinion either way, then no need to vote. Deadline Sunday....

I'll begin, I vote (1), move to last after claim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

fisgon wrote: »
    Ok, this is something we should really sort out before the season proper starts. So please vote on this thread one way or the other for the waiver settings for either.....

(1) Move to last after claim
    or
    (2) Resets each week to inverse order of standings

If you don't have a strong opinion either way, then no need to vote. Deadline Sunday....

I'll begin, I vote (1), move to last after claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭boccy23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

• Registered Users Posts: 37,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Dunno of you're still voting but 2

Ok, voting over. The result is 5-4 in favour of option 2, Resets each week to inverse order of standings.

Turns out Dodge's vote was the decider.

C'mon Torrey. 14 points, PPR style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I'd be very happy if he got 14 points :P

Tom tanking has opened a window for me in my game, hopefully it's not going to be another tight loss like last week.

Syferus wrote: »
    Tom tanking has opened a window for me in my game, hopefully it's not going to be another tight loss like last week.

I'm on the other side of that, gonna be close, projected to be 101-98 to me.

Bit disappointing that I've left 94 points on the bench.

padraig_f wrote: »
    I'm on the other side of that, gonna be close, projected to be 101-98 to me.

Bit disappointing that I've left 94 points on the bench.

Yeah, I noticed that. If you'd started Bowe it'd have been a walk-over. Why did you choose Heyward-Bay over him? Maybe I'm biased because I've had him for three years running in some form or the other but Bowe is an unquestioned #1 option and has a habit of putting up a few multiple TDs games a season.

Syferus wrote: »
    Yeah, I noticed that. If you'd started Bowe it'd have been a walk-over. Why did you choose Heyward-Bay over him? Maybe I'm biased because I've had him for three years running in some form or the other but Bowe is an unquestioned #1 option and has a habit of putting up a few multiple TDs games a season.

Yeah more of an oversight than anything, he should've been in.

34 behind and the ESPN projections look pretty conservative to me for tonight's game...Michael Turner (14), Jacob Tamme (14), Matt Prater (3), so you have a decent chance to win.

Scored my first win of the season this week. Things are coming together well for me - good depth and a balanced bench - Torrey Smith, Andrew Hawkins, Alfred Morris and Denarius Moore were all bench players for me this week - and things are looking much like they did last season, hopefully this time I can pull through to the play-offs.

Hawkins, Moore, Morris and Crabtree are on the table for package deals involving top tier TEs and/or other receivers.

Michael Turner with 25 points and 103 rushing yards.

And 68 receiving yards.

And a receiving touchdown.

Michael. Turner. Receiving. Happy.

Nightmare for me last night. Literally nothing went right with this team.

Lordy, whoever dropped the Bears D must be feeling sick right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,640 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Anybody interested in Eli or Andy Dalton for a decent RB I'm looking to trade.

Advertisement