Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PPR League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

padraig_f wrote: »
    Div 4 is heading for a draft at the same time. It's gonna suck if I have to do two drafts at the same time. Is it possible to move this one to Monday or some other day? Would imagine the Sunday evening will be a popular time for other Boards drafts, so might be good to move the PPR one to minimise clashes.

I see your point, but without being all schoolyard about it, I set the draft date three weeks ago, in other words, we were here first!

I can see what everyone else thinks, but I have to be honest and say that I'm not about to wait until every other league has decided their draft so as we can fit ours in, especially as our draft date has been set for three weeks. Maybe ask Div 4 to move theirs? Failing that we could maybe move it back an hour to 9pm, if it suits people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

fisgon wrote: »
    I see your point, but without being all schoolyard about it, I set the draft date three weeks ago, in other words, we were here first!

I can see what everyone else thinks, but I have to be honest and say that I'm not about to wait until every other league has decided their draft so as we can fit ours in, especially as our draft date has been set for three weeks. Maybe ask Div 4 to move theirs? Failing that we could maybe move it back an hour to 9pm, if it suits people.

Have to agree with this and to be honest if the Prem league falls on the same night so be it two browsers will be opened for the two drafts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I take the point that you had the date set first. But PPR is a side league to the main leagues. I think it makes sense to put it on an off-peak night, or wait til other dates are set before setting the date. Div 4 is looking like Sunday 8pm, Premier Division looking like Sunday night as well. Maybe a few others. I could ask div 4 to move (still not decided on date) but it doesn't help people who are both in PPR and prem, div 1, 2, 3 etc.

e.g. if PPR and 4 other divisions were on Sunday night. you could remove any clashes by either moving PPR to a different day or by moving all 4 other divisions to a different day. it's less disruptive to move just PPR.

Offsetting an hour would help though, at least then I wouldn't be making the early draft positions at the same time.

padraig_f wrote: »
    I take the point that you had the date set first. But PPR is a side league to the main leagues. I think it makes sense to put it on an off-peak night, or wait til other dates are set before setting the date. Div 4 is looking like Sunday 8pm, Premier Division looking like Sunday night as well. Maybe a few others. I could ask div 4 to move (still not decided on date) but it doesn't help people who are both in PPR and prem, div 1, 2, 3 etc.

e.g. if PPR and 4 other divisions were on Sunday night. you could remove any clashes by either moving PPR to a different day or by moving all 4 other divisions to a different day. it's less disruptive to move just PPR.

Offsetting an hour would help though, at least then I wouldn't be making the early draft positions at the same time.

The problem with moving to an off peak night is just that, it's off peak and so there'll be other people that it doesn't suit. I set it on Sunday so as to ensure that the majority of people would be available.

Still, it's up to PPR League members to let me know what suits best, I'm not going to dictate what time we have the draft. If there's broad agreement to change it I'll change it. My own preference would be to wait until other leagues have decided draft times, and then possibly adjust the time of the draft, maybe to 9pm, or 930, but to leave it on the Sunday. I may be in the same boat in Div 1, but so be it.

The problem with moving to an off peak night is just that, it's off peak and so there'll be other people that it doesn't suit. I set it on Sunday so as to ensure that the majority of people would be available.

Still, it's up to PPR League members to let me know what suits best, I'm not going to dictate what time we have the draft. If there's broad agreement to change it I'll change it. My own preference would be to wait until other leagues have decided draft times, and then possibly adjust the time of the draft, maybe to 9pm, or 930, but to leave it on the Sunday. I may be in the same boat in Div 1, but so be it.

Fair enough, understand the reluctance to change it once it's been set. I do think it's worth having some kind of method to minimise clashes between league drafts. It's too late to do that for this year, but I can make a proposal in the charter for next year.

We are still voting in div 4 and I was able to change my vote to Monday, which puts it ahead by 1 now, so it may not be a problem for me after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Any chance of moving the time back half an hour or so. I can't make 8pm. Did we have a poll to decide the date and time for this?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Any chance of moving the time back half an hour or so. I can't make 8pm. Did we have a poll to decide the date and time for this?

I'm happy to move it back to 8.30 as long as no-one else objects too strongly. There was no poll, I simply set the time and date weeks ago and asked anyone who had a problem with it to let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

any time sunday i'd say is fine, dont think we are clashing with any other draft

Just a reminder that the PPR League draft is this Sunday evening. I've moved it back to 8.30 to facilitate Eagle Eye, who can't make it for 8. Hope you can all make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Just a reminder that the PPR League draft is this Sunday evening. I've moved it back to 8.30 to facilitate Eagle Eye, who can't make it for 8. Hope you can all make it.

Can you go a little later? I'll be up in Dublin for the AI semi-final and I won't be home before 9:30pm. 10pm would suit me fine?

• Advertisement

Syferus wrote: »
    Can you go a little later? I'll be up in Dublin for the AI semi-final and I won't be home before 9:30pm. 10pm would suit me fine?

Depends on what people think. To all PPR members, please let me know what you think of moving draft to 10pm on Sunday. A majority will decide.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

makes no difference to me.

Normally im good with later drafts but I cant do it after 9 I will be there for first half hour then it goes to auto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

It's a little bit handier for me. Div 3 draft is at 8 the same night. Not a big deal either way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

10 would be easier for me too as I have the Division 3 at 8 so if they were kept separate that would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I've all 4 of my drafts on Sunday at this stage...

I'll be ok with either time.

There's a slight preference for 10pm in the replies, so I'm moving it to that time. Unfortunately it's impossible to find a time that suits everyone. Apologies to TO, who seems to be the only one who can't make 10.

So just to confirm, PPR League draft now at 10pm tomorrow.

There's a slight preference for 10pm in the replies, so I'm moving it to that time. Unfortunately it's impossible to find a time that suits everyone. Apologies to TO, who seems to be the only one who can't make 10.

So just to confirm, PPR League draft now at 10pm tomorrow.

I will drop out so if you find someone else to take my spot go for it if not i will autopick it.

Defend your title, man!

• Advertisement

I only prioritise leagues I actually make the draft to. Right now Im in 15 leagues 6 of which I care less about just doing for the ****s and giggles. Some of them I didnt make the drafts as bad timing or on the same time as other drafts. Pain in the arse having to clean up the mess left by auto pick.

Fisgon I am not happy with it being moved. The majority didnt say yes move most of the replies here clearly say they have no problem if its moved. So in moving it you basically decided to have the draft on to help one person over another. I went from being able to make half the draft to none at because someone wanted it moved from 8.30 to 10. Ridiculous really.

CoachTO wrote: »
    I only prioritise leagues I actually make the draft to. Right now Im in 15 leagues 6 of which I care less about just doing for the ****s and giggles. Some of them I didnt make the drafts as bad timing or on the same time as other drafts. Pain in the arse having to clean up the mess left by auto pick.

Fisgon I am not happy with it being moved. The majority didnt say yes move most of the replies here clearly say they have no problem if its moved. So in moving it you basically decided to have the draft on to help one person over another. I went from being able to make half the draft to none at because someone wanted it moved from 8.30 to 10. Ridiculous really.

I understand that it is annoying, I don't blame you. Unfortunately it is impossible to find a time that suits everyone. The reason I changed it wasn't just for Syferus, the Division 3 draft is on at more or less the same time, apparently, and it was to keep them separate.
    It would be a pity if you didn't continue this year. If you have to autodraft maybe you can make it work, sometimes you can get lucky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

How did ye get on in the draft, seemed like most people were there, happy enough with my team but no backup qb..

I was picking 2nd in the 1st round and 10th in the second and so on...

Ray Rice RB
    Mike Wallace WR
    Hakeem Nicks WR
    Percy Harvin WR
    Reggie Bush RB
    Tony Gonzalez TE
    Philip Rivers QB
    Michael Bush RB
    Ryan Williams RB
    Leonard Hankerson WR
    Kendall Wright WR
    Nate Burleson WR
    Brent Celek TE
    Mason Crosby K
    Packers D/ST D/ST

Picking 7th

1. Tom Brady QB
    2. Jimmy Graham TE
    3. Darren McFadden RB
    4. Dwayne Bowe WR
    5. Antonio Brown WR
    6. Miles Austin WR
    7. Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
    8. Donald Brown RB
    9. Pierre Thomas RB
    10. Mark Ingram RB
    11. Mike Williams WR
    12. Ryan Fitzpatrick QB
    13. Jets DEF
    14. James Starks RB
    15. Robbie Gould K

Happy enough with that. Top 6 went according to form, first round decision was Tom Brady or Chris Johnson, played it safe with Brady.

#2 was an easy decision with Jimmy Graham.

#3 was McFadden or Ryan Mathews, and in hindsight, Mathews might've been the safer pick.

#4-7 look a bit weird, all WRs, but the RBs I had ranked highly were down the list, and I was able to get them later on.

After that you're rolling the dice a bit, was happy to get Mike Williams at #11.

In summary, happy with my top 2, QBs and TEs are the most consistent performers year-to-year. Weak point is RB and I could be in trouble if Run DMC, who's injury-history isn't great, goes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

** (8) Mud Dogs - Chris Johnson RB
    ** (17) Mud Dogs - Wes Welker WR
    ** (32) Mud Dogs - Ryan Mathews RB
    ** (41) Mud Dogs - Doug Martin RB
    ** (56) Mud Dogs - Vincent Jackson WR
    ** (65) Mud Dogs - Matt Ryan QB
    ** (80) Mud Dogs - Jason Witten TE
    ** (89) Mud Dogs - Beanie Wells RB
    ** (104) Mud Dogs - Jay Cutler QB
    ** (113) Mud Dogs - Greg Little WR
    ** (128) Mud Dogs - Bears D/ST D/ST
    ** (137) Mud Dogs - David Akers K
    ** (152) Mud Dogs - Owen Daniels TE
    ** (161) Mud Dogs - Randy Moss WR
    ** (176) Mud Dogs - LeGarrette Blount RB

Think I'm happy. Seems like I have quality in all positions.

Here's hoping Matty Ice doesn't cause me half the frustration he did last year.

adrian522 wrote: »
    How did ye get on in the draft, seemed like most people were there, happy enough with my team but no backup qb..

I was picking 2nd in the 1st round and 10th in the second and so on...

Ray Rice RB
    Mike Wallace WR
    Hakeem Nicks WR
    Percy Harvin WR
    Reggie Bush RB
    Tony Gonzalez TE
    Philip Rivers QB
    Michael Bush RB
    Ryan Williams RB
    Leonard Hankerson WR
    Kendall Wright WR
    Nate Burleson WR
    Brent Celek TE
    Mason Crosby K
    Packers D/ST D/ST

You got about 4 or 5 guys that I was targeting at one time or another, including the 2 Bushes, Rivers, Harvin and Wright. :(
    Still, I got a good enough squad, apart from QB.

4 Aaron Rodgers, GB QB

21 Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB

28 DeMarco Murray, Dal RB

45 Michael Turner, Atl RB

52 Steve Johnson, Buf WR

69 Torrey Smith, Bal WR

76 Denarius Moore, Oak WR

93 Michael Crabtree, SF WR

100 Isaac Redman, Pit RB

117 Steve Smith, StL WR

124 Jacob Tamme, Den TE

141 Seahawks D/ST D/ST

148 Jon Baldwin, KC WR

165 Carson Palmer, Oak QB

172 Matt Prater, Den K

Successes: After literally forgetting tight ends exist until the 11th round I lucked out and got a steal in Tamme. Manning has already exhibited a connection with Tamme in Indy and he loves using tight ends in the passing game, while Denver isn't exactly stacked at WR. Carson Palmer for a song in the penultimate round is a great back-up for Rodgers, Oakland aren't very good but that only means Palmer will be slinging the ball and often. In the same vein Moore has huge upside in the Oakland offense. Redman and Steve Smith look like interesting low-risk high-upside picks to me.

Failures: By trying to draft with a tablet I learnt the hard way the draft client is incredibly broken and doesn't allow you to select any players on the list or even search for them. My first four picks were essentially auto-picks where I could only take the top-ranked player that displayed with the 'Draft Now' button. Luckily Rodgers was who I wanted with #4 as the top tier backs were gone and I wanted an elite QB to build around. Likewise Marshawn Lynch was the best bet on the board as a RB, which is what I wanted with my second pick. Then I ended up suited up with runners thanks to the tablet, picking up Murray and Turner (a poor pass catching RB if there ever was one) and no elite reciever in a points per reception league. Ouch. I got one reliable WR in Stevie J but the rest are all predicated on upside. My hope is one of Torrey Smith, Moore or Crabtree emerge this year. Crabtree hasn't lit up the field but as a PPR reciever he was one of the most consistent options last season, while Smith has the potential to take over as the deep threat and #1 target in Baltimore this season. Hope. Hope. Hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

QBs; Vick (Eagles), Tebow (Jets)
    Vick a steal in the 6th round but I was waiting on a back up and Ryan Fitzpatrick taken with the pick just before me. Hated most of the rest so took a little flyer on Tebow. Kinda need Vick to stay healthy unfortunately

RBs; MJD (Jags), Sproles (Saints), Jennings (Jags), Spiller (Bills)
    Really happy with first two selected. Sproles at 19th overall when he’s really a top 10 player in PPR. MJD will come good even I kinda reached for him. Took Jennings as a handcuff, and Spiller is a good pass catcher but don’t love my back ups.

WRs; Jones (Falcons), Lloyd (Pats), Maclin (Eagles), Young (Lions), Washington (Titans)
    Love this group. 3 legit starters. Upside in Young if he breaks out.

TE; Pettigrew (Lions), Gresham (Bengals)
    Like Pettigrew in PPR. Catches a lot of balls if not a big TD scorer, particularly as 10th/11th taken off the board. Gresham’s OK. In hindsight I’d have taken a QB at this spot.

DST; Lions K; Bryant (Falcons)
    Meh, as ever

Overall I'm happy with my starters but depth isn't great. Hoping one of Young/Washngton start fast and then maybe look to trade for good back up RB

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Had a problem with my router and couldn't pick in the later rounds. I felt I was putting together a nice team but then these picks came at the end like wtf?

Before losing connection

QB: Peyton, Eli
    RB: Jackson, Bradshaw
    WR: Fitzgerald, Wayne, Garcon
    TE: Gronkowski

After getting kicked off I ended up with a top DST(49ers), a top kicke(Ghost) but another two QBs, a rb who won't be doing anything this year(Tolbert) and then two poor/average WR options in Holmes and rookie Randle.

I just don't know what to do from here. I think I have plenty of trade bait with all the QBs. I'm pretty confident somebody needs Smith and/or Dalton as a backup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Here's my effort from last night. Picked 5th and wanted to get 3 strong WRs first and fill the team from there. Reasonably happy with it

5 Calvin Johnson, Det WR
    20 A.J. Green, Cin WR
    29 Jamaal Charles, KC RB
    44 Marques Colston, NO WR
    53 Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
    68 Vernon Davis, SF TE
    77 Kenny Britt, Ten WR
    92 Cedric Benson, GB RB
    101 Robert Griffin III, Wsh QB
    116 Josh Freeman, TB QB
    125 Laurent Robinson, Jac WR
    140 Ravens D/ST D/ST