Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards PPR League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I'm back as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Meant to ask, when you are confirming participation for this year, can you please include your team name too? I think I have all the names but it helps to be clear.

Thanks

What I have so far (correct me if I´m wrong) is

TO - Owls/Lions
    Spongey - the obvious
    Boccy - Dangerous Rebels
    Syferus - Vanilla Thrillas
    Masked Man - Mud dogs
    Fisgon - Pick Sixes

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

I'm back for this year - Donoughmore Dynamos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

fisgon wrote: »
    I've set this up again, as far as I can see if you were in last year then you can just go to the league home page again, sign in and continue. Link here..

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=778149

Anyone have any trouble, you can let me know.

Syferus and TO have already expressed an interest to rejoin. If people from last year want to continue, please post here to confirm. Thanks.

(PS I'll leave talk of setting the draft time until later, maybe let the main boards leagues set theirs first and try to find a time in between.)

That's one way to put it, I guess.

You've got my team right, btw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm going to give this a miss this season as I'm trying to cut down on the amount of leagues I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'm back - Gummi Bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The Inchicore Warriors and me are back

• Registered Users Posts: 37,495 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm back as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

I'd like to join if there's a spot still there.

Ok, so 10 people have confirmed from last year and are continuing. One, Adrian522 is not going ahead, and I'm just waiting for Saintron to get in touch. I have PMed him and emailed him and have heard nothing. I'll give him until Friday, by which time we need to finalise players.

Bit of red72 can take Adrian's spot. There might be another spot in the league available if Saintron doesn't get in touch, so people are free to post here if interested.

• Advertisement

Ok, so I have given Saintron until the end of today to get in touch. It doesn't look like he's going to continue. So we have 11 confirmed...

Fisgon
    T.O.
    Spongey
    Eagle Eye
    Masked Man
    Boccy
    Syferus
    Barbarians
    PadraigF
    Dodge
    Bit O red72

Which means we will in all likelihood have a free place in the league, unless Saintron gets in touch in the next 9 hours. First to post here gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Id be in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I'll be back-up in case anyone pulls out :(

Id be in

Welcome to the PPR League. If you PM me an email address I can send you an invite.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I'll be back-up in case anyone pulls out :(

Thanks for the reply, you're first on the waiting list. (In fairness no-one was going to beat Darklighter. He replied literally within 60 seconds of my posting on the FF main thread advertising the free place).

We had some difficulties organizing the draft time last year, mainly as it clashed with other Boards drafts. With this in mind I propose that we draft early this year, either on the Tuesday the 27th, Wednesday the 28th or Thursday the 29th. This will be before the standard Boards leagues draft.

Please go to the poll here....

http://doodle.com/vzr4t7cga6x52zxn

...and enter your preferences, along with your Boards name. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Welcome to the PPR League. If you PM me an email address I can send you an invite.

Cool, sent ya a PM there

Cool, sent ya a PM there

Invite sent, welcome to the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

If there's any possibility of a space cropping up, stick me on the waiting list...

If there's any possibility of a space cropping up, stick me on the waiting list...

Ok, though I reckon we are full now. You could always try and start up a new league.....

• Advertisement

Nine people have replied to the poll about the draft time and date. Only Syferus, Boccy and Spongey left. I'll leave it open until Sunday evening, by Monday we need to have a draft time confirmed.

http://doodle.com/vzr4t7cga6x52zxn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Sorry, forgot about that poll, just voted

Just a thought...with two people wanting in, is it possible to go to 14 teams? Tbh, I think I'd prefer that over 12.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Just a thought...with two people wanting in, is it possible to go to 14 teams? Tbh, I think I'd prefer that over 12.

Personally I prefer the 12 team format. Most of us are already in 16 team Boards leagues, I like the fact that a 12 team league provides a bit of variety.

Draft poll is now closed. There were two joint most popular times, 10pm on Tuesday the 27th, and 10pm on Wednesday the 28th, both with 10 votes out of 11.

I think we can agree that the closer the draft is to the start of the season the better, there is more of a chance that we can have info about injuries, depth charts, etc. With that in mind the PPR league draft this year is at 10pm on Wednesday August 28th. Hope we can all make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Draft poll is now closed. There were two joint most popular times, 10pm on Tuesday the 27th, and 10pm on Wednesday the 28th, both with 10 votes out of 11.

I think we can agree that the closer the draft is to the start of the season the better, there is more of a chance that we can have info about injuries, depth charts, etc. With that in mind the PPR league draft this year is at 10pm on Wednesday August 28th. Hope we can all make it.

I will be 50/50 as im stateside with very little net access.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

TO. wrote: »

Just tell me who you want and I'll draft for you ;)

Draft on Wednesday, looking forward to it.

Question about waivers...I think it was set to be processed at 4am or something last year. Is it possible to change this to a European-friendly time (e.g. 11pm Irish time)?

Couple of reasons why...
    At a time like 4am, it's a bit confusing what day it's on, e.g. if it says 4am, Wednesday, actually you have to make your waiver claims on Tuesday.

Other thing is I just think it would be more fun to be able to check the waiver results at a time when you're awake, instead of them being processed overnight, and finding out the next day.

Changing to 11pm Irish time shouldn't inconvenience US-based people either, as it would be 6pm ET there.

Not sure if it's a configurable option, but think it's worth changing if we could.

TO. wrote: »

Hopefully you can make it. Maybe find an internet cafe somewhere, log on for an hour.

• Advertisement

padraig_f wrote: »
    Draft on Wednesday, looking forward to it.

Question about waivers...I think it was set to be processed at 4am or something last year. Is it possible to change this to a European-friendly time (e.g. 11pm Irish time)?

I had a look at this, it's not an option to change this on the League page. I think it is just a default setting for all ESPN leagues. Nothing I can do I'm afraid.

Advertisement