Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Herd of cattle stolen- IFA €10,000 REWARD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭tomieen jones

Have many donated stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Base price wrote: »
    +1
    If they could make Shergar disappear without a trace, then it its no wonder.
    Saw on the FB page comments of insinuations that some of the stock could be repossessed stock :(

Yeah heard that last night

I said wrote: »
    Yeah heard that last night

If repossessed surely the media and guards would know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

If repossessed surely the media and guards would know

The story wouldn't be as sensational to joe public if they realised some of the stock came from others misfortune.
    The banks and such aren't very popular for public support right now.
    Might I add this is all alleged

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DaveWalsh2020

Hard to believe..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Have many donated stock?

If they're insured and they say they are, they shouldn't need it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Here's their facebook page if anyones interested.

https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=487369291418252&ref=content_filter

Can I just say conspiracy

Edit: I also echo Ranglers comment that they don't need donated livestock however well meaning it is.

Couldn't believe any bank would want cattle and if it was repossession they would have to do it in compliance with the department as in testing before moving and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Is it true that the owner is an exporter as a lad said that to me this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,351 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Couldn't believe any bank would want cattle and if it was repossession they would have to do it in compliance with the department as in testing before moving and all that
    I was thinking about this earlier and couldn't figure what circumstances animals could be repossessed. I suppose a bank moving on a farm is one :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

any bank directors own a farm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,833 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I was thinking about this earlier and couldn't figure what circumstances animals could be repossessed. I suppose a bank moving on a farm is one :(
    are they repossessed stock -from another farm-or where the stock repossessed from their farm iykwim:confused:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,351 ✭✭✭✭Base price

whelan2 wrote: »
    are they repossessed stock -from another farm-or where the stock repossessed from their farm iykwim:confused:.
    Don't know if there were any or not, just allegations on FB.
    Awful shock to go herding and find all those animals gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Don't know if there were any or not, just allegations on FB.
    Awful shock to go herding and find all those animals gone.

Yip, please don't be speculating about these allegations as this is a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

I have never heard of cattle being repossessed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

The whole job is very odd. I see references to Shergar disappearing being similar to two double lorries of cattle and a trailer load of sheep stolen without trace. I am cynical now despite my early sympathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,618 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I have never heard of cattle being repossessed

I know of a lad few miles from here and he was always propping up the bar, on his third ban, total scumbag, cattle constantly in with all neighbors. They got together and made serious complaints.. Cattle ended up being seized by the sheriff and held until he went and paid all costs, had to satisfy dept that some fencing had been done too.. Worked too as he sold out stock, planted the place... continues to drink and be a general lout though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fish out of water

Can someone please elaborate what these shady, suspicious or whatever underhand activities are going on out of interest?

Anything I have read about this incident is from this thread.

And I also think it's dodgy as fcuk.

If it is dodgy will the good Samaritans get their livestock back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,833 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

some one must know where the cattle are :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭Odelay

Can someone please elaborate what these shady, suspicious or whatever underhand activities are going on out of interest?

Anything I have read about this incident is from this thread.

And I also think it's dodgy as fcuk.

If it is dodgy will the good Samaritans get their livestock back?

I don't think anyone should do that, it would be all speculation and the family don't deserve speculation from anomous posters. Let the guards and insurance investigators do their work.

• Advertisement

We are not going to speculate any further on thread about the accusations. It does nothing only distract from the actual story- That the cattle and sheep were stolen and they have not been found yet.

You can PM all you like, any further assumptions will be deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

rangler1 wrote: »
    If they're insured and they say they are, they shouldn't need it

Don't mean to argue with you but I think it was more an act of kindness from other farmers to them.Well that was I seen about a comment on Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,618 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yea.. considering quite a few people must have been involved they are keeping a very tight lid on themselves.. Hopefully the animals are being treated well or were dispatched with some shred of decency..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Further assumptions

Miname wrote: »
    Further assumptions

Banned for acting the Richard :P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

The dogs on the street ALWAYS know.

Wouldn't a mobile tracking device boluses with tag number in be the job now up around the lawless border.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Willfarman wrote: »
    Wouldn't a mobile tracking device boluses with tag number in be the job now up around the lawless border.
    And there would be a way around them too. Everyone knows who's at what around the border, guards are usually either scared or too lazy to chase up on it, in most cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I wonder would a nokia3310 survive in a rumen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Wouldn't work underground.

Miname wrote: »
    And there would be a way around them too. Everyone knows who's at what around the border, guards are usually either scared or too lazy to chase up on it, in most cases.

Scared I'd imagine. "I know where you live" and that kind of ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Scared I'd imagine. "I know where you live" and that kind of ****e.

Well that's understandable to a point.

Still nothing? Surely they have some lead by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty fast

No news on the moos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,285 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It#s amazing to think that some of us could possibly have eaten parts of these animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

It#s amazing to think that some of us could possibly have eaten parts of these animals.

If we had we have know as it would not have hung very long it would be as tough as old boots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,285 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If we had we have know as it would not have hung very long it would be as tough as old boots

I just might have had some of that then :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Heard rumours down this way of who stole them. Let's just say similar cattle were stolen from land he (the thief) owned before, but CAB took from him. A well known criminal in these parts.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Surely people can see what happened here? He obviously dirtied his bib previously and now someone is getting even with him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Surely people can see what happened here? He obviously dirtied his bib previously and now someone is getting even with him.

[mod]There is to be no more speculation like this post and, to a lesser degree, the one above it. We do not know the circumstances. Simple as!

The people involved are entitled not to have their reputations impugned by smear and innuendo on a national billboard.

Future posts along a similar line will face infraction![/mod]

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

It F@@king amazes me the way it is assumed by some that this incident may not be how it looks. Just because the scale is not of the usual scale what happened is stlll theft. The reality is that nobody can move cattle without a permit. To recover debt in such a manner you need a court order. The way some people think this is a straightener is appalling.

Remember tomorrow it could be YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭valtraman

Disappointed to see nothing has been found yet trail must be cold by now , I am hearing a rumour of 7 cattle stolen in the south east ,it is past time that this was halted for our national traceability standards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Rock 1234

How sad to see Irish society deteriorating into a selfish society, with little regard for the decent people who love what the do and work hard trying to make a living been robbed like this, We have very strong laws in Ireland but unfortunately we have great difficulty in solving crimes, I hope the Garda will be able to find the criminals in this case,
    Not many people can afford to loose a 100k,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Rock 1234 wrote: »
    We have very strong laws in Ireland

what!? What!!!?

Maybe if you pretend garlic is apples but otherwise come out of it.

A flipping rapist can get less time than a non TV licecse payer ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

A flipping rapist can get less time than a non TV licecse payer ffs.

Evidence for that nonsense statement is required please.

Laws only apply to law abiding people. The border areas are somewhat lawless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭amacca

Laws only apply to law abiding people. The border areas are somewhat lawless.

Very true - don't forget this happened in Midlands though.

+Punishment for non law abiders is way too slow to happen in some cases, not nearly harsh enough For some crimes IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Christadillon3

Thanks so much to everyone who has supported us at this awful time. On top of losing our herd,many years of work and our livelihood,we have been the recipients of some incredible hate mail. Insurance fraud,karma,tax evasion,stolen cattle being stolen back and several fake profiles set up on FB specifically to verbally abuse us and accuse us of all sorts.
    I just want to make it clear. We have been totally transparent. We are normal farming folk trying to live a quiet life and the loss of our herd is devastating emotionally and financially.
    The reason why there have been no updates on the case is because it is actively on going. We are very pleased with the massive,massive amount of work being done by the police and departments both sides of the border. We feel hopeful that something will come to light very soon. Please be patient and let's hope you can celebrate good news with us very soon.
    We have a FB page 'Find our Livestock' and a Twitter account '@findourstock'
    We would love as many new followers as possible.
    Please help us win this fight-it could be you next. These crooks need to be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Christadillon3

I'd also like to add that whilst we are overwhelmingly grateful for the very generous offers of replacement stock,we are not accepting anything from anyone. Our primary focus is on finding our stock. For those of you who are casting suspicions in our direction and growing elaborate conspiracy theories that we are somehow involved/owe money/insert other, I applaud your active imaginations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Thanks so much to everyone who has supported us at this awful time. On top of losing our herd,many years of work and our livelihood,we have been the recipients of some incredible hate mail. Insurance fraud,karma,tax evasion,stolen cattle being stolen back and several fake profiles set up on FB specifically to verbally abuse us and accuse us of all sorts.
    I just want to make it clear. We have been totally transparent. We are normal farming folk trying to live a quiet life and the loss of our herd is devastating emotionally and financially.
    The reason why there have been no updates on the case is because it is actively on going. We are very pleased with the massive,massive amount of work being done by the police and departments both sides of the border. We feel hopeful that something will come to light very soon. Please be patient and let's hope you can celebrate good news with us very soon.
    We have a FB page 'Find our Livestock' and a Twitter account '@findourstock'
    We would love as many new followers as possible.
    Please help us win this fight-it could be you next. These crooks need to be stopped.

All the best. I sincerely hope you're successful in your search. Keep your chin up and don't mind the begrudgers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement