Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ooh torte, did you make a taster??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,825 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In the kitchen making toast , Gifteds baking making me hungry , still want sausage rolls though !
    Shenanigans going on out on the road a little while ago,two marked cars and a wagon out there now so silence has returned .

For now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    In the kitchen making toast , Gifteds baking making me hungry , still want sausage rolls though !
    Shenanigans going on out on the road a little while ago,two marked cars and a wagon out there now so silence has returned .

For now :D

Sorry about that, we'll try and keep the noise down ;) I blame Grandeeod, he's a noisy fecker :D

Couchside

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I just got back from the pub and I beat 2 pool shark in a row. Utterly pleased with myself. I am quite good at pool but the pub I went to was 'their territory'. Which makes it all the more satisfying : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Wow, I came home, slept for what felt like ages, and its still Saturday! Got v stormy!

Sorry for you loss Shpud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Autosport wrote: »
    I take back anything bad I've ever said about you :D Gifted you're baking the wedding cake for North Girl and Seph ;):D

Now home after date night :)

WTF is this date night lark! Get with me babe! Heading to bed dreaming about a night of passion in Kilkenny. But only if you have the time for it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I am at home. Went shopping earlier with my dad. Bought a suit and got a haircut. Came home and spent about an hour at the bedside of my grandfather until he passed away. It's been only an hour. It's still very raw. Lots of people cried but there was no emotion from me. I think I feel some comfort in the fact that I was there with him in his final moments and that he went peacefully at home like he wanted. I've just had a friend ring me so I know I've loads of support but for now I don't know what to do.

Very sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

northgirl wrote: »
    Showered and sat on the sofa. Not a great day. I have to mark today so I'll pour a glass of wine and peruse Netflix.

Happy Birthday to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Snug as a bug in a rug in bed. No alarm and having a sleep in tomorrow. Sweet dreams fellow boardsies zzzz

Ted, Grandeeod take notes

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Watching Coyote Ugly, hadn't seen it years, grand easy going movie for a Saturday night while sipping a cider.

GoneHome wrote: »
    Watching Coyote Ugly, hadn't seen it years, grand easy going movie for a Saturday night while sipping a cider.

Is it Saturday night???? !!!
    OMG, off to bed, no good without some routine in my life!!

Night all :)

Bedside

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Autosport wrote: »
    Night all :)

Bedside

Love that thought, I always think of it when things are getting hard :)

Also bedside, feeling sleepy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

I'm incapable of loving a man who earns less than €100k a year. Men who earn less are invisible to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I'm in bed, reading all your messages of sympathy and feeling very lucky to be part of such a caring group of people.

Been a weird evening since I last posted. I went to my grandmother's to talk to two of my cousins about it and how I felt but my younger siblings were there so we couldn't really talk about it until they left so we spent a good few hours just sort of laughing and joking which kinda cheered me up. It was only when I got home that it really sunk in and I'm still trying to process it but my phone has been blowing up with messages of support so at least I know I'm not alone. I'm just still so confused. I don't know how I'm going to handle the funeral :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Shpud2, extremely sorry for your loss, but I'm happy that you were strong enough to get out of your previous predicament and be there to share his final moments, you have that strength inside you and have to build on it. We are here for you whatever your mood and feelings, please shout out to us as we will listen.

I'm incapable of loving a man who earns less than €100k a year. Men who earn less are invisible to me.
    And what man earning over 100K would want a fat knacker?

Day 11, thats it, I'm off home, got two hops to do and then passenger home. Started my morning in the gym followed by breakfast of two bananas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Bed. Still wide awake. Ate Skittles earlier, I believe the sugar is to blame.

Enjoy your home time smurf.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Hot tub party

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sipping tea, heat still broken here :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Insomnia so I got up rather than toss & turn, that just stresses me out.

I've just finished a lovely bowl of porridge and now sitting playing with my cat, she's the funniest thing ever. Waiting for sun rise then I'll take a cycle, I'm thinking of doing Howth Head to catch the sunrise on the horizon.

Up as well, but the cat has gone on a walkabout, time for tea, toast and cheese and I'll go get her then, she's somewhere in the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In shock on hearing of a double family tragedy in Canada. Hardly see for tearsd. going for a long walk in the dark gale.

Hold your loved ones close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Went for a walk to try clear my head. Couldn't get through to Pieta House and got cut off by Samaritans so not having the greatest of nights. Mind is still frazzled.

Stove was still burning from last night when I got up so back in front of it now after my tea and toast, far too early to be up on a Sunday morning so heading back to bed shortly for a couple of hours.

Graces7 wrote: »
    In shock on hearing of a double family tragedy in Canada. Hardly see for tearsd. going for a long walk in the dark gale.

Hold your loved ones close.

Hope you're ok Grace, I got a shock myself yesterday hearing of the death of an acquaintance from a previous job, he died two weeks before Christmas but I only heard about it yesterday, admittedly he was living in the opposite side of the country to me but still it came as a major shock to me and I can't get it out of my head since

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Having a light breakfast before I harness up the hound for a stroll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Went for a walk to try clear my head. Couldn't get through to Pieta House and got cut off by Samaritans so not having the greatest of nights. Mind is still frazzled.

Sorry to hear of your loss shpud.
    Be careful of yourself and trust in your family, usually closer at times like this.
    The darkest hour is just before dawn as they say, I hope the sunrise brings some consolance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement