Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

This must be the most active thread on boards! Takes me ages to catch up. Anyway, I wish all the regular posters here a bright and happy new year! Some of you I can relate to very much and some of you I really look forward to reading your posts.
    Am doing my usual, sitting on the sofa with my dog beside me, TV on the comedy channel and a glass of whiskey in my hand.
    I came to the realisation tonight that I am manic now for a couple of weeks. It's amazing how people haven't picked up on it. Have done a few crazy things in the last few days. Anyway, Will be promptly down to the doctor tomorrow to try and end the mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

This must be the most active thread on boards! Takes me ages to catch up. Anyway, I wish all the regular posters here a bright and happy new year! Some of you I can relate to very much and some of you I really look forward to reading your posts.
    Am doing my usual, sitting on the sofa with my dog beside me, TV on the comedy channel and a glass of whiskey in my hand.
    I came to the realisation tonight that I am manic now for a couple of weeks. It's amazing how people haven't picked up on it. Have done a few crazy things in the last few days. Anyway, Will be promptly down to the doctor tomorrow to try and end the mania.

Good to see you recognise it and hope you get sorted out. X

In my bed giggling at the smut in here and feeling well behaved. Monogamy is making me boring perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So finished my third bottle of Bulmers, had a few rounds of Battlefield V online with a few friends, changed/made the bed, and now lying on it deciding whether to go to sleep.

Nice relaxing evening all told. Should do this more often really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MAC addict

In bed, wide awake after a very lazy day.
    Debating if I will get up and tidy, been very lax over the break 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Blissful silence again.. Been up hours already .... Done a stocktake and can easily manage for supplies for another week... dried milk is grand these days.

My Canadians say knitted legwarmers should sell well there so cream cables on the needles. Good to have the possibility of earning for the babies again.

All else quietish.. apart from the crunching of raw turkey bones ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

On the sofa. Sipping a cuppa tae. Trying to make it last because when it's gone I'll have to get up to go to work.

I was working over Christmas, so it feels like I've not had a break at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

In work and starving already this eating like a pig over Christmas really throws the hunger pangs.
    I’ll have my dinner ate at nine this morning if it keeps going like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In bed with a serious Sunday Blues pangs.

You lot were busy here last night.

Just woke.. can't drag myself out of the leaba.. I had today booked as annual leave and cancelled it, what a dope. 😭

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Another night almost over.. Have an appointment in the afternoon though so not much bed time to be had today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Post Xmas and New year blues here this morning. Got up and cooked some bacon and sausages for the brats before they went to work, they didn't talk much, their poor sad faces said it all.
    Siblings from across the water going back today as well, so the realisation that it's just back down to brass tacks dawns on me as I munch a bacon sandwich and not even a dog to talk to as herself will sleep till mid day probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

At work. Not in a good place on the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

northgirl wrote: »
    At work. Not in a good place on the inside.

Sending you a virtual hug :)

Morning all :)

Heading to the coalface :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Autosport wrote: »
    Sending you a virtual hug :)

Morning all :)

Heading to the coalface :)

Thanks Auto.

You're always so chipper. Wish I could be more like you :)

Have a great day x

northgirl wrote: »
    Thanks Auto.

You're always so chipper. Wish I could be more like you :)

Have a great day x

Nah I have my moments too but I do try and have a positive attitude :)

It can annoy people too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Autosport wrote: »
    Nah I have my moments too but I do try and have a positive attitude :)

It can annoy people too :D

I love reading your posts, positive is good.
    I'm thinking of going to look at a new doggie today, was talking to the ispca a few days ago and have been accepted as a Fosterer.
    They have some beautiful dogs for adoption and I think that's what I will do. Going to go to look at some today, I might well have a new one before night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Edward M wrote: »
    I love reading your posts, positive is good.
    I'm thinking of going to look at a new doggie today, was talking to the ispca a few days ago and have been accepted as a Fosterer.
    They have some beautiful dogs for adoption and I think that's what I will do. Going to go to look at some today, I might well have a new one before night.

That is great news Edward, adopting from the ispca is such a good thing to do. There is a lucky dog waiting for you to choose them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Coffee & newspaper watching my local town wake up after Christmas. Debating whether to do a post Christmas weigh in.

In bed but thinking I'll get up in a few

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am at work. Nearly got knocked over by the tumbleweed rolling thru the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In bed but gonna take a ramble down town shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Giving the house a good vacuuming and dusting after a busy few days of entertaining. I'll be glad to have the Christmas decorations down, and out of the way, soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Kitchenside after a quick rally round the house to make it look presentable.
    Woke up around 8:30, probably earliest I’ve woken in days, and was just lounging around when I got a call from a tradesman I was in touch with before Christmas. He has woken from his slumber and ready to get started again. So much for my last morning of slothdom!

Got up, shower, dressed, and replied to a few things on the work laptop. Be so easy to get sucked back into the routine already, but trying not to (supposed to be off till Monday)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That is great news Edward, adopting from the ispca is such a good thing to do. There is a lucky dog waiting for you to choose them!

Oh it gets so tempting, but not sure I can manage a dog.. Now the young male in the new batch has become a "follow cat" ie comes walkabout with me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,866 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table...horsing into chocolate mikado biscuits and a coffee....

Jesus...I've just eaten 9 of them.......I may...may....have put on a few pounds lol lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back up again. Cuppa then shower and off I go, ugh.

Just got an email that my mileage expenses are to be paid this week - happy days! :)

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Just got an email that my mileage expenses are to be paid this week - happy days! :)

Drinks on you ;):D

I'll have a 7up thanks :D

Workside

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    Kitchen table...horsing into chocolate mikado biscuits and a coffee....

Jesus...I've just eaten 9 of them.......I may...may....have put on a few pounds lol lol

And you offered none to us :(

:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement