Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy Robinson jailed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Several of our friends attended, two Irish born, the others were British, and shock,horror, two were black!

In the past the British media have ignored these marches, they can no longer do so because of the growing numbers, so instead, they have attacked and portrayed today's march as a far right attack on the police. It was nothing of the sort. But by all means, believe what you want to believe.

I've searched the papers, but could not find one report on the Antifa group waiting nearby today, drooling at the thought of a fight. Alas for them, it never happened.

These days everyone to the right of Karl Marx is labelled a racist, fascist Nazi. I find it abhorrent that law abiding, decent people exercising their democratic right to march be compared to one of the most vile regimes in history. Words come easy, but let's not take free speech from those whose opinions differ from ours.

Nazi salutes from march today.

https://twitter.com/AntiRacismDay/status/1005481368216883203?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

20Cent wrote: »
    Nazi salutes from march

Nazi salutes are scummy actions. Dirt bags do things like that. Same can be said for making rape jokes in a thread which discusses the actual rapes of minors. You’ve done the latter yourself. Bit rich taking the moral high ground.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Nazi salutes are scummy actions. Dirt bags do things like that. Same can be said for making rape jokes in a thread which discusses the actual rapes of minors. You’ve done the latter yourself. Bit rich taking the moral high ground.

Quit tone policing thanks snowflake.

Someone posted that they aren't racists or Nazi's. Reply is video of them doing a nazi salute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

This is why all this was kept hidden and let to continue.

Reports of thousands of young white girls groomed, piled with drugs and raped just shrugged away. Nobody wanting to touch it for fear of losing their jobs because people like you would call them racist and start a stupid hashtag campaign calling for them to be fired.

Do you feel any discomfort or shame at all in trying to use the abuse of children to cover up racism? What happened to those children was awful and it's very possible a fear of being called racist motivated some people to cover it up. I don't see that as a valid excuse for ignoring child abuse myself but Robinson supporters seem to. But you don't get the right to use the suffering of those victims as a shield to hide behind whenever you want to spew racist nonsense.

Someone posted that they aren't racists or Nazi's. Reply is video of them doing a nazi salute.

Yeah and I’m replying to something you said. I’m no snowflake by any means, just find it disgusting that you posted vile comments regarding rape. It’s especially abhorrent that you’d trivialise and make light of that issue when that’s what the thread is is partially about, more specifically the rape of underage girls. It’s a dirt bag comment.

• Advertisement

Yeah and I’m replying to something you said. I’m no snowflake by any means, just find it disgusting that you posted vile comments regarding rape. It’s especially abhorrent that you’d trivialise and make light of that issue when that’s what the thread is is partially about, more specifically the rape of underage girls. It’s a dirt bag comment.

Triggered.
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Yeah absolutely pathetic from 20cents joking about rape. True colours from the left exposed again. Male rape is a laughing matter to people like him. And he expects to be taken seriously.

backspin. wrote: »
    Yeah absolutely pathetic from 20cents joking about rape. True colours from the left exposed again. Male rape is a laughing matter to people like him. And he expects to be taken seriously.

Let go of the pearls for a minute it's not fooling anyone.
    The person most likely to free these rape gangs is your buddy tommy. The people most likely to put them away are the police who are being attacked by tommy robinson supporters.

Tommy robinson supporters have jumped to number one on my chart of dumbest people on the internet surpasing libertarians and even trump supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

These days everyone to the right of Karl Marx is labelled a racist, fascist Nazi. I find it abhorrent that law abiding, decent people exercising their democratic right to march be compared to one of the most vile regimes in history. Words come easy, but let's not take free speech from those whose opinions differ from ours.

The thing is, a large proportion of the march wasn't law abiding as demonstrated by the videos of violence. In addition to that, they will be reported as far right extremists because they are. I'm inclined to not believe you on your 2 black friends.
    backspin. wrote: »
    I'll happily condemn making jokes about rape in any way. So one left wing person making an unacceptable comment isn't comparable to Tommy Robinson and Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

The person most likely to free these rape gangs is your buddy tommy. The people most likely to put them away are the police who are being attacked by tommy robinson supporters.

Tommy robinson supporters have jumped to number one on my chart of dumbest people on the internet surpasing libertarians and even trump supporters.

And the reason these Muslim rape gangs have been allowed to go on for decades are because of people like you.

You don't even understand how basic law works haha, so why should people listen to you?

Also, some guy making a nazi salute is nowhere near as bad as making jokes about kids getting raped by Muslims. Sure, Father Ted had an entire episode on the former no, nazi priests?

I suppose its projection from your part.

• Advertisement

And the reason these Muslim rape gangs have been allowed to go on for decades are because of people like you.

You don't even understand how basic law works, so why should people listen to you?

Also, some guy making a nazi salute is nowhere near as bad as making jokes about kids getting raped by Muslims. Sure, Father Ted had an entire episode on the former no, nazi priests?

Basic law requires investigations, evidence and a fair trial. These are being conducted by the police. Most rapes are never reported and it is one of the hardest crimes to get a conviction on.

But forget all that have einstein robinson shouting at people outside the court and the trial quashed because of it for likes and clicks on social media.

You know he pleaded guilty? Ffs

Also Nazi salutes and attacking police are not as bad as a joke? What dimension are you living in?

Strange moral code there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

You don't even understand how basic law works haha, so why should people listen to you?

I suppose its projection from your part.

This is fascinating. So 20cent is to blame to for Muslim rape gangs?. You better call Tommy or the police. Maybe the police is a better option.

Which is worse; a guy making a Nazi salute or a guy going out of his way to cause a mistrial which could have lead to potential criminals getting off. Because Tommy likes YouTube clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

This is fascinating. So 20cent is to blame to for Muslim rape gangs?. You better call Tommy or the police. Maybe the police is a better option.

Which is worse; a guy making a Nazi salute or a guy going out of his way to cause a mistrial which could have lead to potential criminals getting off. Because Tommy likes YouTube clicks.

Funny how the two lads commenting back here and fail to understand basic posting (no Winny, that is not at all what I said believe it or not) are two users who:

1: Like the idea of child rape. McRapey.
    2: Has a history of mental health instability and project that onto other people consistenty.

This thread is interesting because it seems to bring out that in a lot of people.

Carry on lads.

Mod: Banned. That is way over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Triggered.
    lol

The usual tact from yourself. It’s all about getting those little internet victories over the “other side”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

This thread is interesting cos it's displaying the mindset of the TDL

Nazi salutes nowhere near as bad as making a joke

Ffs man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

pitifulgod wrote: »
    The thing is, a large proportion of the march wasn't law abiding as demonstrated by the videos of violence. In addition to that, they will be reported as far right extremists because they are. I'm inclined to not believe you on your 2 black friends.

Really? Are you actually accusing me of lying? I would suggest you try watching the march in its entirety, see exactly how 'large' a proportion
    caused trouble, but we couldn't have truth getting in the way of your blinkered view.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to phone my fake black friends and inform them that they don't exist, then I'm having lunch with my other fake friends, the mad hatter and the march hare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Billy Mays wrote: »

Ffs man

Nazi's have thankfully gotten to the stage where they are a joke. We look at the batsh1t crazy ideas they espoused and think "What the fcuk?". So they become a joke with them being portrayed as a joke in many TV shows. You have characters like Herr Flick in Allo Allo. The perfect jumped up asshole who thinks he's part of the master race.

And yet there are people who do actual nazi salutes. Not as a joke but because they think a group of psychopaths who killed millions because of their race, religion, sexuality or politics actually had the right idea. They think that a group who's name is a byword for evil, are worth imitating in a very serious manner.

Those guys are scum of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ffs man

What’s the joke?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Grayson wrote: »

Ffs man

Nazi's have thankfully gotten to the stage where they are a joke. We look at the batsh1t crazy ideas they espoused and think "What the fcuk?". So they become a joke with them being portrayed as a joke in many TV shows. You have characters like Herr Flick in Allo Allo. The perfect jumped up asshole who thinks he's part of the master race.

And yet there are people who do actual nazi salutes. Not as a joke but because they think a group of psychopaths who killed millions because of their race, religion, sexuality or politics actually had the right idea. They think that a group who's name is a byword for evil, are worth imitating in a very serious manner.

All Nazis are scum but then again no one seems to complain or bat an eye lid when you see communists with red flags protesting. An ideology which murdered more people than Nazism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

What’s the joke?
    Supposedly about muslims raping children though I don't recall such a joke being made in this thread

• Advertisement

Supposedly about muslims raping children though I don't recall such a joke being made in this thread

It wasn't made, but anything to try and justify a load of nazi saluting yobs attacking the police in central London.

Ffs man

Jokes are fine. Crude ones too. Making light and lolz of rape in a thread discussing actual rape of young girls is crass IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,029 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It wasn't made, but anything to try and justify a load of nazi saluting yobs attacking the police in central London.

You always get small pockets of troublemakers at large gatherings like this, if it was a left leading event you would have the Antifa scum turning up and fighting police.
    Anyway great to see Geert was allowed in to attend the event!
    https://twitter.com/geertwilderspvv/status/1005485408212439040?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Taytoland wrote: »
    All Nazis are scum but then again no one seems to complain or bat an eye lid when you see communists with red flags protesting. An ideology which murdered more people than Nazism.

One thing that completely baffles me after visiting Berlin was that there were Street vender's selling Soviet hats, flags etc just a few meters away from the wall. Considering they are very touchy about their past. They seem pretty ok with communists despite the death and destruction it caused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭gw80

Scum of the highest order,
    So worse than paedophile rapists?

Firstly, it's not a whatabout. nazi's are scum. If you try to deflect by bringing up any other ideology then you've lost the argument. This thread isn't about communism. I think this may be the first time communism was mentioned. This is about far right idiots and their appalling ideology. You felt a need to cast them in an better light by doing a bit of whattaboutery.

Also, I think that people are critical of anyone who is a supporter of Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot or any of the nutjob communists that existed. Only an idiot would defend their twisted ideologies.

The only people who seem to defend them are right wing populusts like Putin. A man who is beloved of the far right in europe.

As a side note, go read some Arendt. Her work on totalitarianism is amazing. She makes the point that within those regimes people are targeted not because of who they are but because of what they are. It's exactly the same as the philosophies espoused by far right groups like the EDL, Britain First and the BNP. They hate people because they're muslim or black or emigrants. It doesn't matter what that person is like, what they are matters more than who they are.

gw80 wrote: »
    Scum of the highest order,
    So worse than paedophile rapists?

Is this you trying to win a point or is this you actually trying to make Nazi's look good. Nazi's are scum. There shouldn't be a discussion about them being better or worse than anyone else.

And no, that's not me defending abusers. They are scum too.

It's possible for a perfectly rational person to dislike both abusers and nazi's. It doesn't have to be one or the other. You'd have to be fcuked up to try and excuse one of them by pointing at the other. The only decent position to take is that both are scum.

Can I take it that you seem to think that nazi's are ok? Or were you hoping to score a cheep point. How about you condemn the guys who were marching yesterday.

You always get small pockets of troublemakers at large gatherings like this, if it was a left leading event you would have the Antifa scum turning up and fighting police.
    Anyway great to see Geert was allowed in to attend the event!
    https://twitter.com/geertwilderspvv/status/1005485408212439040?s=19

So what you're saying is that you can't judge a large amount of people based on the actions of a few?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Of course our own president can give an eulogy to Fidel Castro and no one bats an eyelid but god help Tommy Robinson says something about an equally detestable ideology all hell breaks loose the media and politicians are like sheep to the establishment who say jump and the former say how high its deplorable stuff to say the least, thankfully those members of the public with their heads screwed on can see whats really happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

So what you're saying is that you can't judge a large amount of people based on the actions of a few?

Were you interviewing Jordan Peterson on Channel 4 a couple of months back?

Mutant z wrote: »
    Of course our own president can give an eulogy to Fidel Castro and no one bats an eyelid but god help Tommy Robinson says something about an equally detestable ideology all hell breaks loose the media and politicians are like sheep to the establishment who say jump and the former say how high its deplorable stuff to say the least, thankfully those members of the public with their heads screwed on can see whats really happening.

False equivalence there. Lets pay everyone the same is no where near lets murder whole races or religions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I see you are conveniently ignoring the whole trial in progress part of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I'm amazed at the number of people that want this knucklehead freed.

A man who filmed himself committing an offence, knowing that it would result in him ending up in court. A man who pleaded guilty in court to committing the offence, knowing that it would result in him being sent to prison.

I just can't believe the number of people who support him. There are literally dozens of them...dozens.

False equivalence there. Lets pay everyone the same is no where near lets murder whole races or religions.

Eh communism has killed more people then possibly any other ideology in history and yet its still glorified by muppets in the west who have more than likely never set foot in a communist country because if they did they would really know all about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Geert Wilders gave an excellent speech at the Free Tommy march yesterday.

https://youtu.be/YbbTl_yHDzE

• Advertisement

dav3 wrote: »
    I'm amazed at the number of people that want this knucklehead freed.

A man who filmed himself committing an offence, knowing that it would result in him ending up in court. A man who pleaded guilty in court to committing the offence, knowing that it would result in him being sent to prison.

I just can't believe the number of people who support him. There are literally dozens of them...dozens.

I would hope all of those who are a harm to young children are being filmed they are the real criminals in this matter but the usual virtue signalling crew just want to stick it to TR its purely childish stuff.

I see you are conveniently ignoring the whole trial in progress part of the situation.

I see that so many of been ignoring the rape culture which goes on within a certain community but the main issue is Tommy Robinson apparently.

Eh communism has killed more people then possibly any other ideology in history and yet its still glorified by muppets in the west who have more than likely never set foot in a communist country because if they did they would really know all about it.

Which racee or religion do communists want to exterminate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I would hope all of those who are a harm to young children are being filmed they are the real criminals in this matter but the usual virtue signalling crew just want to stick it to TR its purely childish stuff.

Do you live in Ireland? On the off chance that you do, there are plenty of trials ongoing in the state relating to child abuse.

You can pop outside the court with your video camera to film these people at any time. I wouldn't recommend it though, unless you're a complete f*cking idiot like Stephen.

Which racee or religion do communists want to exterminate?

Ask all those who perished in the gulags im sure they really want to know but by numbers alone the death tally by communism exceeds all else. Is it really relevant about what sort of people were killed when it numbered in the tens of millions so why attempt to glorify it when just like islam and others its a foul ideology which has been responsible for mass human suffering and slaughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

You know those reporting restrictions exist in part to protect the victims who are minors? You guys seem to ignore that every time.

dav3 wrote: »
    Do you live in Ireland? On the off chance that you do, there are plenty of trials ongoing in the state relating to child abuse.

You can pop outside the court with your video camera to film these people at any time. I wouldn't recommend it though, unless you're a complete f*cking idiot like Stephen.

Yes i do live in Ireland and no i wont be filming anyone because i have other things to do but i dont blame those who do least of all when it comes to child molesters why wouldn't someone be concerned about the safety of their own kids from those who could cause them great harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

needs more full stops.

Ask all those who perished in the gulags im sure they really want to know but by numbers alone the death tally by communism exceeds all else. Is it really relevant about what sort of people were killed when it numbered in the tens of millions so why attempt to glorify it when just like islam and others its a foul ideology which has been responsible for mass human suffering and slaughter.

Liquidating certain sections of society is a central tenant of nazi ideology. Not so with communism.

Who glorifies communism?
    Ya never really hear much about it these days in fairness.

Liquidating certain sections of society is a central tenant of nazi ideology. Not so with communism.

Who glorifies communism?

So the cultures of the native eastern Europeans wasnt suppressed under comunism was it it sounds like you are desperately trying to whitewash all of the ills it did i wonder why that is.

So the cultures of the native eastern Europeans wasnt suppressed under comunism was it it sounds like you are desperately trying to whitewash all of the ills it did i wonder why that is.

So what you're saying is ............

Firstly, it's not a whatabout. nazi's are scum. If you try to deflect by bringing up any other ideology then you've lost the argument. This thread isn't about communism. I think this may be the first time communism was mentioned. This is about far right idiots and their appalling ideology. You felt a need to cast them in an better light by doing a bit of whattaboutery.

Also, I think that people are critical of anyone who is a supporter of Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot or any of the nutjob communists that existed. Only an idiot would defend their twisted ideologies.

The only people who seem to defend them are right wing populusts like Putin. A man who is beloved of the far right in europe.

As a side note, go read some Arendt. Her work on totalitarianism is amazing. She makes the point that within those regimes people are targeted not because of who they are but because of what they are.  It's exactly the same as the philosophies espoused by far right groups like the EDL, Britain First and the BNP. They hate people because they're muslim or black or emigrants. It doesn't matter what that person is like, what they are matters more than who they are.
    It's the utter hypocrisy of it and the lack of outrage. You had communists attending rallies in London last year which Jeremy Corbyn attended and the same outrage isn't applied and yet the destructive nature of communism resulted in millions of people being murdered, millions thrown into gulags in the Soviet Union.

If you wear a Swastika shirt, people are rightly shocked and appalled, if you wear a shirt with the hammer and sickle, less so. It's either the lack of education or the completely hypocrisy.

Stalin is bad, nazi's were bad. There are differences in their ideologies and a few similarities too. However let's just sum this up again. Stalin = Bad. Nazi's = Bad.

Would you agree? I'm really just trying to get you to say that nazi's and anyone who supports nazi's, or even tolerates them in an alliance, are cnuts. It's strange how hard it is to get people to say this.

Also, can we both agree that communists have nothing to do with this thread. The reason Nazi's came into it is that some of Tommy Robinsons supporters were making nazi salutes. Someone doing that should be seen as a bad thing. It shouldn't be something that's fudged. People making nazi salutes on the streets is just bad. Any attempt to distract from that is disgraceful.
    We could also say that communists were bad, so were the spanish inquisition, the roman empire, european colonists who slaughtered natives and everyone else in history who's killed people. Mentioning any of them though would be pure whatabouttery. However none of them were marching through london and none of them are supporters of Tommy Robinson.

Which brings me back to the Nazi's. When Nazi's think you have the right idea with regards to race and religion, because your opinions match theirs, you should really take a long hard look at your politics.

Ask all those who perished in the gulags im sure they really want to know but by numbers alone the death tally  by communism exceeds all else. Is it really relevant about what sort of people were killed when it numbered in the tens of millions so why attempt to glorify it when just like islam and others its a foul ideology which has been responsible for mass human suffering and slaughter.

Who glorifies communism?
    And this is why education is absolutely vital in Irish schools because far too much of the population are fooled by this crap. Communism under Stalin was responsible for the genocide in Ukraine called holodomor which was a deliberate and systemic starvation of the pheasant population.

People who suffered the "glorious" collectivization effort by rounding up all the grain. The "class" enemies in the Kulaks rounded up and the attempt to liquidate them was an actual policy of Stalin.

And this is why education is absolutely vital in Irish schools because far too much of the population are fooled by this crap. Communism under Stalin was responsible for the genocide in Ukraine called holodomor which was a deliberate and systemic starvation of the pheasant population.

People who suffered the "glorious" collectivization effort by rounding up all the grain. The "class" enemies in the Kulaks rounded up and the attempt to liquidate them was an actual policy of Stalin.

Don't see anyone denying that.
    I recall learning about the gulags and famine caused by Stalin in school maybe the curriculumhas changed since then.

The threads about Nazi's though.

The communists were bad too just sounds like deflection in fairness.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement