Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you'd like to say to them

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

a year today mam. A minute doesn't go by I don't think of you. Love you and miss you so much we all do. Xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Please help me....

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Recliner

I hadn't seen you in years, but I was absolutely shocked to hear you'd passed away. I'm so sorry for your family. You were too young to be taken. Sleep safe and tight. RIP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I miss you. I miss you and today is so hard because my overriding memory is of coming downstairs, excited for my presents, and then you sitting at the kitchen table with a silk cut purple in your hand, and a cup of tea, telling me I was sharing my birthday from now on.

I thought this was supposed to get easier in time. This still hurts as much as the first year.

Tree up i know you loved it. Love you mam.

• Advertisement

Love you mam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Baybay

I’m ok. But not really. It’s not your anniversary or anything noteworthy but I’d really like to lie down on the floor & weep. You were the most spirit draining, bad tempered, selfish, sweetest, most generous, supportive person I knew & I don’t know who I am without you to react to or against. I feel you’re slipping away & I can no longer hear more than a whisper from you until you rage back in, like you did today & I still can’t hear you over all the mayhem. The hard part is that I know I can keep on keeping on but unless that’s it’s own reward, I’m never going to get close again.

Miss you so much time changes nothing.

My bday today mam as you know I miss you so much love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

thinking of you today young shpud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Birthday Da xx

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

9 years now and I feel like every move I've made is a bad one.

I dont think you'd be happy with who I've become and im lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

It's so hard to know that this was inevitably your own destruction that led to this. But I just keep thinking maybe if I'd answered the phone instead of shielding myself from yet another drunk call..

This is horrible. I don't want to know what a world without you looks like, and I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

Happy Mothers Day Mum, called to see you twice today.
    It was always a tea and cake day for us !!
    Love You, Miss you..
    Xxxx

Love you mam. Hope you love the flowers. We miss you so much. Xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry to both of you. I couldn't get down for Mother's Day or for either of your birthdays. Feck it, I'm also going to miss his anniversary this week as well. There's a big problem just now, and people aren't being allowed to travel that kind of distance unless it absolutely has to be done.

But sure I can think of you anywhere, and there'll be other days.

Hi mam I know you're looking after us and protecting dad. Glad you're missing this covid 19 I'm sure. Love you always miss you every minute of every day xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

You've been on my mind tonite.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Life is very very different now, I wish you had your diagnosis, it would have brought you peace and understanding of yourself, it certainly has with me, we miss you

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Hey Dad, just wanted to let you know that today marks the last day of my degree. I did it, and I did it as well as I could. Life is weird, we'd have had some giving out to do about stupid people and viruses and all.

The cat died on the anniversary of your funeral which was a bit crap. Look after her til I see her again, you're the only other person she liked, and tell her I miss her a lot especially now. Silly fat cat.

Love you and I'll keep making you proud
    Your Daughter xxxx

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday Mam , not more than a whisper away ..xx

Happy Birthday G , your first away from your family .. I know you're looking after them all . Still doesn't seem real if I'm honest .
    Anyhow , coffee and a cig here for you , couldn't have one without the other eh , you'd laugh at that and say so true !
    Beautiful soul , rest easy x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

I was an arsehole from 16-21, constantly partying only caring about myself. Unfortunately you died when I was 20.

Now I've matured, finished college in a well paying job and wish you could see what I have made of myself today.

R.I.P Mam.

Happy birthday mam. You loved your birthday but wouldn't admit your age ever hahaha. Love you I'll be up later with flowers. Miss you every minute but you know that xxxxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Its all his fault. All of it. You wouldnt have died if it wasnt for him.

I cant keep pretending like we're all happy families when its all total bull$hit. He didnt care about you, if he did he would of let you recover properly from the surgery and not make you go back to work.

I really miss you Mam. There will be no more fake smiles from me anymore, I am just done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

Every time I read a new post, it breaks my heart.
    I wish that he knew that it was a permanent solution to a temporary problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hi Mum, cant believe its 6 years. We all still miss you (especially me).
    Your grave looks lovely with all the flowers..You instilled a love of gardening into all of us without even having to ..
    Took Dad down, we said a prayer together.
    Love you...Miss you..
    Xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Dad,

There are moments where I just well up- usually prompted by small things, but the tears flow. A complicated relationship makes for a complicated grieving process. Do I miss you? I’m not sure, tbh. I miss what could and should have been, and now never will be. Yet I’m thankful for what was, and what you did do for me, for all of us. I like to think you thought you were doing right for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭orionm_73

This is heartbreaking to read, not least because it sounds not unlike my own situation. I’m sorry for your loss, before and after. Mind yourself.
    Dad,

There are moments where I just well up- usually prompted by small things, but the tears flow. A complicated relationship makes for a complicated grieving process. Do I miss you? I’m not sure, tbh. I miss what could and should have been, and now never will be. Yet I’m thankful for what was, and what you did do for me, for all of us. I like to think you thought you were doing right for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

6 years gone today Dad - miss you so very much. Not sure anyone understands just how much.

I just feel like my life has never been the same since you went so suddenly. I hate not being able to talk to you and tell you all my problems/good news/chats/gossip etc
    I feel lost, to be honest.

Just wanted to say that you really are 1 in a million. You were the best Dad to me growing up...always there and so supportive. Always there to listen and offer advice. Never raising your voice or getting angry or making judgements. I think you were happy to leave the discipline to Mam :-)

Anyway, just wanted to say that you are always in my thoughts and you are missed greatly.
    Love you so much

Advertisement