Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you'd like to say to them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

a year today mam. A minute doesn't go by I don't think of you. Love you and miss you so much we all do. Xxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Please help me....

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Recliner

I hadn't seen you in years, but I was absolutely shocked to hear you'd passed away. I'm so sorry for your family. You were too young to be taken. Sleep safe and tight. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I miss you. I miss you and today is so hard because my overriding memory is of coming downstairs, excited for my presents, and then you sitting at the kitchen table with a silk cut purple in your hand, and a cup of tea, telling me I was sharing my birthday from now on.

I thought this was supposed to get easier in time. This still hurts as much as the first year.

Tree up i know you loved it. Love you mam.

• Advertisement

Love you mam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Baybay

I’m ok. But not really. It’s not your anniversary or anything noteworthy but I’d really like to lie down on the floor & weep. You were the most spirit draining, bad tempered, selfish, sweetest, most generous, supportive person I knew & I don’t know who I am without you to react to or against. I feel you’re slipping away & I can no longer hear more than a whisper from you until you rage back in, like you did today & I still can’t hear you over all the mayhem. The hard part is that I know I can keep on keeping on but unless that’s it’s own reward, I’m never going to get close again.

Miss you so much time changes nothing.

My bday today mam as you know I miss you so much love you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

thinking of you today young shpud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Birthday Da xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

9 years now and I feel like every move I've made is a bad one.

I dont think you'd be happy with who I've become and im lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

It's so hard to know that this was inevitably your own destruction that led to this. But I just keep thinking maybe if I'd answered the phone instead of shielding myself from yet another drunk call..

This is horrible. I don't want to know what a world without you looks like, and I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Happy Mothers Day Mum, called to see you twice today.
    It was always a tea and cake day for us !!
    Love You, Miss you..
    Xxxx

Love you mam. Hope you love the flowers. We miss you so much. Xxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry to both of you. I couldn't get down for Mother's Day or for either of your birthdays. Feck it, I'm also going to miss his anniversary this week as well. There's a big problem just now, and people aren't being allowed to travel that kind of distance unless it absolutely has to be done.

But sure I can think of you anywhere, and there'll be other days.

Hi mam I know you're looking after us and protecting dad. Glad you're missing this covid 19 I'm sure. Love you always miss you every minute of every day xxxx

You've been on my mind tonite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,903 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Life is very very different now, I wish you had your diagnosis, it would have brought you peace and understanding of yourself, it certainly has with me, we miss you

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Hey Dad, just wanted to let you know that today marks the last day of my degree. I did it, and I did it as well as I could. Life is weird, we'd have had some giving out to do about stupid people and viruses and all.

The cat died on the anniversary of your funeral which was a bit crap. Look after her til I see her again, you're the only other person she liked, and tell her I miss her a lot especially now. Silly fat cat.

Love you and I'll keep making you proud
    Your Daughter xxxx

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday Mam , not more than a whisper away ..xx

Happy Birthday G , your first away from your family .. I know you're looking after them all . Still doesn't seem real if I'm honest .
    Anyhow , coffee and a cig here for you , couldn't have one without the other eh , you'd laugh at that and say so true !
    Beautiful soul , rest easy x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

I was an arsehole from 16-21, constantly partying only caring about myself. Unfortunately you died when I was 20.

Now I've matured, finished college in a well paying job and wish you could see what I have made of myself today.

R.I.P Mam.

Happy birthday mam. You loved your birthday but wouldn't admit your age ever hahaha. Love you I'll be up later with flowers. Miss you every minute but you know that xxxxx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Its all his fault. All of it. You wouldnt have died if it wasnt for him.

I cant keep pretending like we're all happy families when its all total bull$hit. He didnt care about you, if he did he would of let you recover properly from the surgery and not make you go back to work.

I really miss you Mam. There will be no more fake smiles from me anymore, I am just done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cal04

Every time I read a new post, it breaks my heart.
    I wish that he knew that it was a permanent solution to a temporary problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hi Mum, cant believe its 6 years. We all still miss you (especially me).
    Your grave looks lovely with all the flowers..You instilled a love of gardening into all of us without even having to ..
    Took Dad down, we said a prayer together.
    Love you...Miss you..
    Xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Dad,

There are moments where I just well up- usually prompted by small things, but the tears flow. A complicated relationship makes for a complicated grieving process. Do I miss you? I’m not sure, tbh. I miss what could and should have been, and now never will be. Yet I’m thankful for what was, and what you did do for me, for all of us. I like to think you thought you were doing right for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭orionm_73

This is heartbreaking to read, not least because it sounds not unlike my own situation. I’m sorry for your loss, before and after. Mind yourself.
    Dad,

There are moments where I just well up- usually prompted by small things, but the tears flow. A complicated relationship makes for a complicated grieving process. Do I miss you? I’m not sure, tbh. I miss what could and should have been, and now never will be. Yet I’m thankful for what was, and what you did do for me, for all of us. I like to think you thought you were doing right for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

6 years gone today Dad - miss you so very much. Not sure anyone understands just how much.

I just feel like my life has never been the same since you went so suddenly. I hate not being able to talk to you and tell you all my problems/good news/chats/gossip etc
    I feel lost, to be honest.

Just wanted to say that you really are 1 in a million. You were the best Dad to me growing up...always there and so supportive. Always there to listen and offer advice. Never raising your voice or getting angry or making judgements. I think you were happy to leave the discipline to Mam :-)

Anyway, just wanted to say that you are always in my thoughts and you are missed greatly.
    Love you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

orionm_73 wrote: »
    This is heartbreaking to read, not least because it sounds not unlike my own situation. I’m sorry for your loss, before and after. Mind yourself.

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you are coping well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Ever since she died I have lied to everyone about my true feelings.

Suppressed my mind actions and true beliefs.. probably not felt love since.

That i've hurt a lot of people beyond recognition and lost a lot of friends.

That it took a huge base of lies to get exposed for me to change my ways and I am determined to
    do so. That I ended up on the same kind of pills that killed you off. I made myself sick and put my head in a worse place than its ever been.

That I'm very alone now. I am ok alone. I deserve it tbh. That sometimes it takes ten wrong years to get to the one where we turn everything around. That I will continue to fight despite the tears streaming down my face.

That I will rebuild honestly and truthfully for me and for others around me. I want a partner I can truly love
    and to bring a family into this world and love them too..

That I have made my mistakes and as much as I wish for a break I cant seem to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Happy Father's Day. I know you thought it a load of coddology and well so did I but ....

I'll probably watch this Happy Breed later or maybe Battle of the River Plate, just to ya know.

Love ya.

My dear cousins, how far removed by relations, distance and time, I cannot say... But your heartfelt writings fill my soul. How strong you were and unshakable in faith... To pour your heart out so poetically, after such deep losses, you bore so graciously. If only, had I even one percent of your faith, in this day and age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Dad, you died nearly 2 months ago. But today was the first time I could actually cry.

I'm so sorry that the last time I saw you, I was decked out like a bloody surgeon in PPE. I doubt you even recognised me, you probably thought I was one of the staff. I held your hand for a minute, wearing gloves, but I couldn't hug you, kiss your forehead. Couldn't say the proper goodbye we both deserved. And then the nurse said that the longer we stayed, the higher the risk. I stayed as long as I could. But then I left you alone, and I didn't go back. I couldn't. I'm sorry.

I thought you'd be safe in there. Looked after. Protected. I never thought it would end like it did.

We found some of the notes you wrote last year. How you were so scared about your mind going, how you jotted down your name and address and our names and dates of birth to remind yourself. And how the dates were all wrong.

You were a great Dad, and we got even closer over the past 11 years since Mum died. The girls miss you so much. I miss you so much.

You didn't deserve the last 18 months. You didn't deserve to lose your independence. You didn't deserve to die alone. You didn't deserve a 15 minute funeral with only 8 people. You didn't deserve to be a statistic, one of the numbers that keeps getting mentioned in the news.

I know I'll never see you again, and we all just have to move on without you now. But I am who I am because of you, and I'm so thankful for all you gave me. I love you, and I'll never forget you.

• Advertisement

Oh my dear young one, troubled no more with the suffering!
    Hope you're well in heaven and plane spotting from the heights!
    Thinking of you near your birthday...... as we so often do, down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

9 years today since the last time I saw you; 8 years and 362 days since you died. I don’t think I realised at the time how young you were, or that you’d been sick basically as long as I knew you. All I knew is that you’d spent all your life loving me; babysitting me when I was small (the teddy bears picnics that no one else would have with me!), trying to teach me how to get my hair under control, being totally fine when I’d wander into your house with all you children/nieces and nephews/strays off the street. I miss you and it’s hurting my chest a bit today, but I’m trying to do fun things this week and not dwell cause I know you’d hate that - myself and your son will be having a dinner for you Friday with all your favourite food. Love you

Hard to believe it's a year since you became ill so suddenly and within a few hours all hope had gone . There's never a good age to die but you were too young , watch over your family G , you were and still are , loved by everyone who knew you x .

Love you mam. Hope you like the solar lights know you love colour changing lights. Also D gave up two lovely pots with flowers. Lovely colors hope you like them. Xxx miss you always love you always xxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Deep and deep regrets that I never appreciated your goodness. I never told you about how good a person you were to me and family. How ashamed I am at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cal04

That I can just imagine you walking in the door right now..I can just see it..always had a half day on a Saturday. For a while, I thought I was forgetting you walking in, but it's very clear today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I’m fallin’ down without you, Talkin’ to you often even though you’re in a coffin.

RIP Mum. My heart is breaking for you, I don't understand things, I don't think I ever will, please just know I've had so much love for you, I wish I had just one more of your hugs before you went x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Waking up and realising it's not just a nightmare

They are actually gone forever :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I have not forgotten you. I never will. I promise ×

Hope you like the new flowers. Love you xxx

Two years today Da, hope you and Mam are smiling down on us all x

Always and forever in our hearts Son x

You're feeling close. The time of year, I suppose. I will forever associate Autumn with you.

If you're around and amenable I really feckin need you now!

The years are rolling past Mam , you're forever in our hearts and minds and eternally loved x

• Advertisement
Advertisement