Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 12:50   #1
Mint Sauce

What's With All The Poo?

So not long in from a walk, 30 minutes or so, some neighboring streets and estates around Sligo, and you are literally at times dodging the dog feces on the pavements.

Now I know there are ones out there who do not clear up after their dogs, but this looks like there are also plenty or don't even walk their dogs and let them roam, with Bruno, Patch, Nipper, only coming home to sleep, and eat.

Ideas for a solution? Mine, let the Dog Warden track down these owners, if the dog is in the Wardens possession, fine the owner €500 to get the dog back. Second offence, or refuses to pay, dog is fostered to a new owner who might actually care for it.

Thoughts from anyone else on this?
Advertisement
Yesterday, 12:55   #2
Fr_Dougal

It’s annual Cat Protest Week. Cats are going around ****ting everywhere so dogs get blamed.
Yesterday, 12:56   #3
Deebles McBeebles

The solution is less breeders, less dogs and better humans. Best of luck.
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 12:56   #4
tuxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Sauce View Post
Ideas for a solution? Mine, let the Dog Warden track down these owners, if the dog is in the Wardens possession, fine the owner €500 to get the dog back. Second offence, or refuses to pay, dog is fostered to a new owner who might actually care for it.

Thoughts from anyone else on this?
Dog pounds are completely overloaded and so are dog rescue charities.
€500? most of those dogs would be put to sleep.
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 13:04   #5
Pauliedragon

Put a cap on dogs in areas. As I type this I can see 10 houses from my window. 8 of them have dogs and 6 of those I see regularly letting their dogs **** on the floor. The part I don't understand is the amount of doggie bags thrown around the place. You've done the hard part by picking up the turd why not carry the bag to the bin? I'd say there's more houses in my town (pop 15000) with dogs than without. It's not just **** it's barking at night, blocking the footpath, the stench off some of them is like a dead rat. Council, get the finger out we've had enough.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 13:11   #6
tuxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauliedragon View Post
Put a cap on dogs in areas.
Unenforceable.
Yesterday, 13:12   #7
Aegir

Quote:
It's not just **** it's barking at night, blocking the footpath, the stench off some of them is like a dead rat. Council, get the finger out we've had enough.
that's enough about Cork people, what about the dogs?
Yesterday, 13:13   #8
JohnnyFlash

It’s just another symptom of the ‘someone else can do it’ mentality that is so prevalent.
Yesterday, 13:17   #9
Boom_Bap
Landfill

Quote:

A nappy would be better than a cap for the poo crisis.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 13:22   #10
Fringegirl

Two neighbours here let their 'fur babies' out twice a day to litter everyone else's garden and the green area. Always late at night or early hours.

They aren't bothered taking the dogs for a walk and don't want the hassle of cleaning crap from their own garden.

Council and litter wardens etc do not want to know. I have asked the owners nicely to stop but they have no shame. Council will not do a thing, so I keep just having to clean dog shi* from shoes, bikes and buggies.

It's disgusting and the height of laziness and inconsideration. It's a health hazard and our green space is a no go area now.

I have footage which I've offered to the council but they don't want it and don't care.

Last edited by Fringegirl; Yesterday at 13:27.
Yesterday, 13:46   #11
Badly Drunk Boy

Quote:
And a dainty little bonnet on cats.
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 13:48   #12
bodhrandude

Dog cork stoppers
Yesterday, 13:51   #13
Gwen Cooper

I always thought that something like this would be handy in my s**t covered estate: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/911429...clear-up-mess/

Walking there in the dark or after snowfall is like walking through a minefield.
Yesterday, 13:55   #14
B.A._Baracus

Because op, despite what people may say to give a sense of how morally upstanding they are... people really don't give a bollocks.
But here is the kicker, some dogwalker wont care about his or her dog taking a big crap for someone else to walk in. But will take a big issue with you not cleaning up after your dogs mess.

Last edited by B.A._Baracus; Yesterday at 14:02.
Yesterday, 13:55   #15
Deebles McBeebles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Cooper View Post
I always thought that something like this would be handy in my s**t covered estate: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/911429...clear-up-mess/

Walking there in the dark or after snowfall is like walking through a minefield.
Slight problem with that, Gwen. Can't see many of the dirty bastards signing up for it.

Quote:
It only works if owners agree to have their dogs swabbed in order to have their DNA added to the database.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion