Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Healy Raes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Its like this thread you need to read all of it, same page but further down:

As well as work at the Dáil and on Committees, TDs work within their own constituencies. They hold regular advice clinics throughout their constituencies so that voters can meet them personally. Often they provide assistance to constituents with a family/personal problem relating to a government department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Its like this thread you need to read all of it, same page but further down:

As well as work at the Dáil and on Committees, TDs work within their own constituencies. They hold regular advice clinics throughout their constituencies so that voters can meet them personally. Often they provide assistance to constituents with a family/personal problem relating to a government department.

Yes a government department

They can approach the Minister for XYZ and discuss. Something your local councillor cannot do because they are not in Dublin in the Dail

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Yes a government department

They can approach the Minister for XYZ and discuss. Something your local councillor cannot do because they are not in Dublin in the Dail

Yes like roads, health etc...

If just goes to show, you have probably voted for the Healy Rae's all your life and you haven't a clue what they should be doing.....

If just goes to show, you have probably voted for the Healy Rae's all your life and you haven't a clue what they should be doing.....
    My first post, that you replied to, was just that, an attempt at getting proper info on what a TD should do from an official source.

You replied to that post, now I am clueless, because I ask a logical question and you cant find an answer that fits you.

As I have spent a few hours on this I am going to assume that the role of a TD is representing their constituents, helping with all matters Local and National. I have looked, and that seems to be what everything official says. So posts criticising a TD for local work seem irrelevant, and there are many of those in this thread.

Moving on from this point, I think its established.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

"Mary down the road needs an operation - she needs X procedure done!"

"She's on the waiting list?"

"Yeah, she is, 12 months now!"

"It's around a 16-month waiting list. If she's on that long, she can always apply to the National Treatment Purchase Fund."

"You can't move her up the waiting list."

"I know. It'd be completely and utterly unethical to do that, even if it was within my power."

"Right, so."

"Right, so."

"Dear Mary,

I have made representations on your behalf... If despite my contact with the officials your consultant does nothing for you, I will arrange for your operation to be done under the NTPF which will speed things up and will be a great relief to you..."

Unwritten: the TD knows damn well this is nothing to do with him, that he can have no effect on the outcome, and the citizen can perfectly well apply themselves for the NTPF (or the medical card, or the SUSI grant, or for public housing, or for the set-aside grant), but if he employs his nephew/spouse/cousin to send off all those letters, it looks like he's doing wonders for his constituents...

Or....

https://twitter.com/mhealyrae/status/1071803189949796353

"While anyone can avail of this scheme, people are often deterred because of the logistics of it. That is where my office comes in, we do everything for you, liaise with the hospital to ensure all the patients are booked in,organise buses, organise hotels, and they need not worry.

It’s a simple thing for my office to do to ensure that these mostly elderly people are not left suffering up to 3 years on a waiting list because of this Governments inability to sort the HSE, instead they just keep firing money at it. "

My first post, that you replied to, was just that, an attempt at getting proper info on what a TD should do from an official source.

You replied to that post, now I am clueless, because I ask a logical question and you cant find an answer that fits you.

As I have spent a few hours on this I am going to assume that the role of a TD is representing their constituents, helping with all matters Local and National. I have looked, and that seems to be what everything official says. So posts criticising a TD for local work seem irrelevant, and there are many of those in this thread.

Moving on from this point, I think its established.

What’s established? That you had an idea when you asked the question and have just ignored everything to tell yourself your right?

What was the point in asking the question In the first place?

I didn’t criticise them for local work, I criticise them for been a shower of crooks.

Or....

https://twitter.com/mhealyrae/status/1071803189949796353

"While anyone can avail of this scheme, people are often deterred because of the logistics of it. That is where my office comes in, we do everything for you, liaise with the hospital to ensure all the patients are booked in,organise buses, organise hotels, and they need not worry.

It’s a simple thing for my office to do to ensure that these mostly elderly people are not left suffering up to 3 years on a waiting list because of this Governments inability to sort the HSE, instead they just keep firing money at it. "

What have the Healy Rae done to sort out the HSE? As your local TD for how many years how have they contributed to resolving issues at a national level?

What idea or legislation have they brought to government to get passed?

What’s established? That you had an idea when you asked the question and have just ignored everything to tell yourself your right?

What was the point in asking the question In the first place?

I didn’t criticise them for local work, I criticise them for been a shower of crooks.

Please read, its getting repetitive.

If you read the thread the HRs are critised for Local work. Its established as my post, a bit like the legal term "innocent until proved guilty". As all the info I can find says, it is their job to help constituents at a local level, its established that this aspect of their work is inline until I find contradicting info. My post was not directed at you, have a read from the start of the thread.

• Advertisement

What have the Healy Rae done to sort out the HSE? As your local TD for how many years how have they contributed to resolving issues at a national level?

What idea or legislation have they brought to government to get passed?

Google it (abortion etc), or read the MHR book (after you read the thread)..

Google it (abortion etc), or read the MHR book (after you read the thread)..

They didn’t bring abortion to the dail? Who told you that?

They might have come out in support of it but they didn’t bring it.....

Show me one news source with details of legislation the Healy Rae have brought to the Dail, not asking for it to have been passed, but just one bit.....

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

They didn’t bring abortion to the dail? Who told you that?

They might have come out in support of it but they didn’t bring it.....

Show me one news source with details of legislation the Healy Rae have brought to the Dail, not asking for it to have been passed, but just one bit.....

Eh, no they didn’t support abortion..

Read MHR Twitter, plenty of examples or work in the national interest. Danny spoke on abortion a lot, who said support, MHR speaks a lot on European issues..

Let's ask the question again

Has either of the Healy Rae brought any legislation forward to the Dail?

Discussing other peoples idea's is not what I asked

Even People before profit have managed in the short time they are in government to bring legislation forward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Let's ask the question again

Has either of the Healy Rae brought any legislation forward to the Dail?

Discussing other peoples idea's is not what I asked

Even People before profit have managed in the short time they are in government to bring legislation forward

Great question... but I’m sure you will hear they are really busy doing important stuff... and funerals... as there are 3 Healy Rae councilors why do they need their daddies to do the local stuff as well

Cant you see from the recent posts that the HRs full-fill their obligation to their constituents by representing them on both local and national matters. Remember I started this just by asking is there any info on how a TD should divide their time between local and national matters.

Earlier I stated that all the info I can find says there is a lot of local work. The HRs do a huge amount of local work, and represent on national matters.

You seem to be asking questions and unwilling to do any reading yourself (see numerous posts above where you just stop and move on to another question).

Edit: This site says what a TD does, and the HRs seem to do a good job of meeting this job description, I think questions outside this scope are not relevant.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/national_government/houses_of_the_oireachtas/work_of_a_td.html

Three paragraphs to do with committees, legislation, representation, etc. One sentence on "helping with local matters" that says what they do, but isn't their job. The paragraph on corruption is longer.

Seriously.

"Dear civil servant, my constituent wants X, please make it happen."

The response will be one of:

* "Here's an application form (or they can apply online)" [and the constituent could have done this themselves]

* "We already received their application, it's being processed (or they're not entitled to X in the first place)" [but replying to you has cost me time and resources I could have spent doing my job helping other people and we're not going to let your constituent jump the queue or get something they're not entitled to just because they got you to write in for them].

Again, you're talking about the work of a Citizens' Information Centre. Why you think we should pay TDs in excess of €90k each, plus expenses. to do the work of google and CIC's is a mystery. It does not represent a good use of time or resources for their constituents or the public service.

Most of the reason the HRs (and most other TDs, to be fair) do this **** is because the other guys will also do it, too, and god forbid someone else got recognition for sending a letter when it could be them getting the recognition.

The sooner CSPE is made compulsory in our schools, the better.

Cant you see from the recent posts that the HRs full-fill their obligation to their constituents by representing them on both local and national matters. Remember I started this just by asking is there any info on how a TD should divide their time between local and national matters.

Earlier I stated that all the info I can find says there is a lot of local work. The HRs do a huge amount of local work, and represent on national matters.

You seem to be asking questions and unwilling to do any reading yourself (see numerous posts above where you just stop and move on to another question).

Edit: This site says what a TD does, and the HRs seem to do a good job of meeting this job description, I think questions outside this scope are not relevant.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/national_government/houses_of_the_oireachtas/work_of_a_td.html

Not sure why you asked the question in the first place if you are going to ignore everyone's responses :confused:

You seem unable to tell the difference from what a Councillor does versus a TD.

Will leave you to it, let just hope the generation coming behind you takes a better interest in politics

• Advertisement

Will leave you to it, let just hope the generation coming behind you takes a better interest in politics

This.

We've had too many generations taken in by the idenitikit policies of the two main parties, and the "He's a cute hoor, but he's our cute hoor, schtickin' it to dem up in Dublin!" gombeenism of some the people who vote for corrupt independents. Too blind to realise the road he's "got" for them is being paid for by their taxes going into his company's coffers...

Not sure why you asked the question in the first place if you are going to ignore everyone's responses :confused:

You seem unable to tell the difference from what a Councillor does versus a TD.

When have you answered my original question, which was can someone point me in the direction of some official info that explains what a TD does/should do ?

You fail to see the irony in your posts, like you just said I dont know the difference between a TD and a councillor. That was basically my original question - do you not see how hypocritical it is to say that when thats what I asked and you couldn't answer ? Not your opinion, and official source.

I have contributed a life time of taxes, I care where money gets spent. I believe the HRs represent the best value TD for Kerry and Ireland. You have different opinions, I believe based on media hearsay and your own thoughts of how things should work. Just because your opinion is different that mine, does not make you right and me wrong.

I would continue, but as you have already said your TD helped with the roads in your estate, and other things at a local level, IMO it just boils down to your hatred of political dynasty. I guess if you were in America the Kennedys & Roosevelts would disgust you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

When have you answered my original question, which was can someone point me in the direction of some official info that explains what a TD does/should do ?

You fail to see the irony in your posts, like you just said I dont know the difference between a TD and a councillor. That was basically my original question - do you not see how hypocritical it is to say that when thats what I asked and you couldn't answer ? Not your opinion, and official source.

I have contributed a life time of taxes, I care where money gets spent. I believe the HRs represent the best value TD for Kerry and Ireland. You have different opinions, I believe based on media hearsay and your own thoughts of how things should work.

Just because your opinion is different that mine, does not make you right and me wrong.

And vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Graces7 wrote: »

I have contributed a life time of taxes, I care where money gets spent. I believe the HRs represent the best value TD for Kerry and Ireland. You have different opinions, I believe based on media hearsay and your own thoughts of how things should work.

Just because your opinion is different that mine, does not make you right and me wrong.

And vice versa.

Absolutely.... 100% ...

I have contributed a life time of taxes, I care where money gets spent. I believe the HRs represent the best value TD for Kerry and Ireland. You have different opinions, I believe based on media hearsay and your own thoughts of how things should work. Just because your opinion is different that mine, does not make you right and me wrong.

I would continue, but as you have already said your TD helped with the roads in your estate, and other things at a local level, IMO it just boils down to your hatred of political dynasty. I guess if you were in America the Kennedys & Roosevelts would disgust you.

Political dynasty? Seriously that’s some insult to the Kennedys and Roosevelt’s

You asked a question and then proceeded to ignore when people replied so fairly pointless asking the question in the first place?

How is the media hearsay by the way? Expenses are availabel online so check it yourself. The pub which was covered up was admitted.

They own the road company and the details of payment are kind of online, most recent survey found Kerry county council is with holding the most information. I wonder why?

All of the media details are proven facts. But you call them hearsay?

As I said a TD job is at a national level, one of those core duties is to bring new legislation to not only improve Kerry but the country. Your dynasty has brought 0 legislation in how many years? The Kennedys was one of the most progressive and why he was shot. Roosevelt dealt with a WW. And you compare them to a family who can’t come up with one original idea? Or even take an existing idea and come up with a better version?

You have yet to post one response that a TD should be doing that would sway me to vote for Healy Rae as a TD, yes as a councillor. Not as a TD.

I know you will respond with accusation towards me, etc etc etc and not answer any of the points me or others have raised but that seems to be your way......

You keep saying I ignored the answers to my request for an official source of info on what a TD should do.

I am sorry I missed this answers you say I ignored, can you post them now so I can follow the links and look at the information.

You keep saying I ignored the answers to my request for an official source of info on what a TD should do.

I am sorry I missed this answers you say I ignored, can you post them now so I can follow the links and look at the information.

As I said ignore

There you go, at last there, were no answers just more questions.

I am now in ignore mode.

• Advertisement

There you go, at last there, were no answers just more questions.

I am now in ignore mode.

Ahh you can’t beat a bit of bold text. :-) really drives the point home

Should I go back and bold all the references I made and even the ones you made to what a TD should do but you have ignored? Will that help you?

Advertisement