Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

s1ippy wrote: »
    Venison steaks today with oven-cooked chips and pepper sauce.
    514966.jpg

Then this scrumptious chocolate cake I froze from a few months ago with chocolate frosting and caramel sauce.
    514967.jpg

Bit lavish today but we're celebrating, and it's been non-stop salads since whenever I last posted here. Though they weren't bad either and I got most of the food in em from the garden.
    514968.jpg

From the dinner thread, took about half an hour to finish the cake and I'm just finished a lovely cuppa tae now watching the sunset, listening to Dimmu Borgir and playing Elder Scrolls. What a weekend. Hope everyone else's was good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Looks the bomb S1ippy, God bless your discipline because I would have gone through those venison steaks like a tornado before the broccoli was even noticed.

My Dad always left the meat until last and funnily enough it's a trait my eldest son has always had, myself and the youngest lad are like starved pit bulls when it comes to meat on a plate. We do try and have some decorum if we are eating out but it doesn't always go to plan.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’ve never tasted venison, what meat would it be similar taste too?

Autosport wrote: »
    I’ve never tasted venison, what meat would it be similar taste too?

I think it taste's like lean lamb, it's not a million miles away from beef either.

If you like lamb and beef then you will like venison, I prefer to cook it slow in the oven. It's a very lean meat and 100% organic, can't wait for the shooting season to open again and I'll be stocking up.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

We killed one our own organically reared Hogget's last week and as always we try and make a special effort when cooking our own produce.

Sunday we had a roast half a leg with all the trimmings, today herself used some of the minced shoulder to make oven roasted Lamb Kofta's and also used some of our own garlic, onions and mint in the mix. The sauce is a combination of lemon, garlic and yoghurt with added spices. It was an excellent meal and a lovely way to pay homage to the cheapest cut of meat. It took two cold cans of Molson to cool the palate and a lot more salad than is shown on the plate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I bought a couple of Chicken Crowns today and roasted them. Mrs G fancied Chicken and Chips. I obliged. Ms G fancied Chicken, Mash and Chicken gravy. I use the Swhartz one. I obliged. For me it's Mash, Peas, Croquettes, chicken and gravy in a while. Literally just sitting down, so a beer first.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

What've people been eating in terms of cool foods, ice cream/yogurts/salads that sort of thing?

I've been trying these nice yogurts from tesco (tesco luxury yogurts). They're only 29c each, there's a few different flavours, my favourites would be the lemon one and the toffee and caramel one. The caramel pieces in the second one are soft. They're quite thick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Pretending it's still sunny outside and eating an ice cream.

_Godot_ wrote: »
    What've people been eating in terms of cool foods, ice cream/yogurts/salads that sort of thing?

I've been trying these nice yogurts from tesco (tesco luxury yogurts). They're only 29c each, there's a few different flavours, my favourites would be the lemon one and the toffee and caramel one. The caramel pieces in the second one are soft. They're quite thick too.

Chocolate ice cream. Icebergers. Cheese cake and tiramisu. Mainly due to the hot weather.

Only meal all day but worth waiting for....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Those koftas and that salad... Mmmm
    _Godot_ wrote: »

I like the Glenisk natural yoghurt, you can buy a big tub for about three quid and I put lots of fruit like grapes, mango, banana, strawberries in them. The pot usually lasts over a week as well so tis great value and it generally does for the whole morning.

I'm drinking loads during the day as well. I love a bit of sparkling water in apple or orange juice... if I'm feeling bold I'll throw a drop of apple brandy or vodka into it as well.

Quiche is actually very nice cold or warm it up and have a salad with it. The Pigs Back in Cork do an unreal Lorraine or smaller chorizo and sweet potato or feta and spinach. Oof I'm starving now, I hope the dinner's nearly ready.

There's also these things you can get for the freezer, they're in white packets with different coloured trim depending on what they contain. Nature's menu I think the brand is, veggie burgers and broccoli bites and sweet potato cubes etc. They fill out a plate if you're doing salad things for dinner and make you feel a bit fuller. Dunno how unhealthy they are but we haven't had a takeaway since Feb so I'm sure they won't kill us!

Only meal all day but worth waiting for....

She's spoiling you!:D

Three slightly different dinners tonight. Mrs G. had a chicken wrap with spicey wedges and sweet chilli sauce. Ms G. had a roast chicken fillet, chunky chips and chicken gravy.

I'm having some sirloin steak, mushrooms and onions with some chunky chips and gravy somewhere. I found a bottle of Molson. Wish I had more!

Where are you all? Even a packet of Crisps matters or a tea/coffee.:D

Didn't eat much today apart from a block of Calvita and soda bread. A long day working at stuff with no pay, only satisfaction. :D Cooked a ham fillet earlier so gonna have a thick ham sandwich with a bag of hunky dorys.

And chocolate. And a bottle of beer. (Molson)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Grandeeod, I was afraid to post this evenings fare as I know how much you love your (my) Thai Green Curry. It was lovely!

Grandeeod, I was afraid to post this evenings fare as I know how much you love your (my) Thai Green Curry. It was lovely!

I wish I had it right now! No time today. I'm certain it was lovely Hippy.

Bacon and cabbage for Dinner and now snacking on some smarties :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Cheese and tomato toastie

Wish I had tayto cheese and onion crisps to go with it but scoffed them all yesterday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Going to order Friday night take-away from the local chippy, trying to decide what to have but thinking a cheese burger curry chips and onion rings. There'll be a few beers consumed after that :D

Ribeye steak that looks a bit like wild boar, mighty tasty.

A bottle of Molson. Girls had pizza and garlic bread earlier. I'm gonna order a thai green chicken curry with rice AND CHIPS:D later. In no mood for cooking.

• Advertisement

Ribeye steak that looks a bit like wild boar, mighty tasty.

Jaysus RG, tis nice, but I'm getting all steaked out recently. I've eaten more sirloin, fillet and striploin lately with a combo of chips, mushrooms, mash, peas, gravy and sezhuan sauce. Might spoil myself with a lamb shank next week. Just to change it up a bit. Only one in the house that likes it.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A bottle of Molson. Girls had pizza and garlic bread earlier. I'm gonna order a thai green chicken curry with rice AND CHIPS:D later. In no mood for cooking.

Must be great to have a choice, last meal one of us didn't cook was March 15th.

The receipt is stuck on the fridge for hope/inspiration/bantz.

We were haunted we happened to book the only place that was opened a week in advance and the eldest son and his partner were visiting us that weekend. They closed that evening.

Mind you we are just about coping...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Lamb shank done in a slow cooker, one of my faves.

Nice thick pork chops on the bone done on the BBQ here, side of long stem broccoli and some cous cous salad to go with.

Jaysus RG, tis nice, but I'm getting all steaked out recently. I've eaten more sirloin, fillet and striploin lately with a combo of chips, mushrooms, mash, peas, gravy and sezhuan sauce. Might spoil myself with a lamb shank next week. Just to change it up a bit. Only one in the house that likes it.

We've had lamb three times since Sunday and am looking forward to the two fine shanks stashed in the freezer as well as the chops and roasts.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Lamb shank done in a slow cooker, one of my faves.

Nice thick pork chops on the bone done on the BBQ here, side of long stem broccoli and some cous cous salad to go with.

My local Supervalu have some in the chilled section in a nice sauce that are tempting me the last few weeks. I'm thinking roast potatoes, green beans and carrot/turnip mash.

Spaghetti bolognese :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Toasted poppyseed bagel with mayonnaise and ham .

ETA,

Just had a Decadent Belgian Chocolate Mousse Torte , Dunne Stores finest .
    Oooh the cholesterol :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Toasted poppyseed bagel with mayonnaise and ham .

ETA,

Just had a Decadent Belgian Chocolate Mousse Torte , Dunne Stores finest .
    Oooh the cholesterol :pac:

Nice and posh Mam.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Nice and posh Mam.:D

Sounds posh alright doesn't it ?!
    Just like myself :p

• Advertisement

Had brunch earlier. Sausage, rashers, black pudding, beans and leftover chips from last nights takeaway. I had a mad appetite on me. Cottage pie in the oven now for later.

Advertisement