Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda tries to arrest a minor and mother and family intervene

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

“You can’t arrest him, he’s only 14”
    No doubt the young lad was told he can go out and do whatever the f*ck he wants on the back of his parents misunderstanding of the law.

Kid should be cut loose and both his parents locked up for what is blatant obstruction and assault. 6 months each and let him fend for himself in the meantime, that'll be punishment enough for whatever he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

lol that is what I thought too. I assume it is actually a receipt they are looking for.

I was thinking it was a full time mad ba$tard thing and im only a hobby enthusiast mad bastard so I wouldnt really know these things...glad im not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 26,252 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Bit of employment would go a long way there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I don’t want to derail the hate but with all these kids into bikes would it be outrageous to suggest the council build a few tracks around the city to let them burn off a bit of energy

Maybe the cops could come down to the tracks and show them their bikes instead of pepper spraying their parents

Might help to build community relations

• Registered Users Posts: 26,252 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I don’t want to derail the hate but with all these kids into bikes would it be outrageous to suggest the council build a few tracks around the city to let them burn off a bit of energy

Maybe the cops could come down to the tracks and show them their bikes instead of pepper spraying their parents

No, they are illegal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/the-motorbike-ran-over-my-husband-and-crushed-his-face-1.3624025%3fmode=amp

Tell the wife of this victim your sob story ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Could you imagine the personal injuries claims?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,646 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They wanted a skateboard park near to where I live.
    They got it and then they trashed it and burnt it.
    I’d prefer the pepper spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭irishproduce

“You can’t arrest him, he’s only 14”
    No doubt the young lad was told he can go out and do whatever the f*ck he wants on the back of his parents misunderstanding of the law.

Garda: What is your name please?"

Young fella: "I am underage"

Kind of tells you a lot, that.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

With ideas like this, it is no surprise that modern urban societies have gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭SteM

Places are being closed down because of soaring insurance costs. Not sure how feasible it would be for councils to run tracks for 14 years olds to let off steam tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

Everything that is wrong with Ireland is perfectly encapsulated within this video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Augme

Jesus, do they not teach cop on down in templemoore? No wonder the force is so poor if this is what they have working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭scwazrh

So on top of tax payers providing houses , free medical care , spending money and everything else these types of family want , you now want us to build dirt tracks for them as well.And I wonder what the parents would do if their little angel crashed their bike on one of these dirt tracks .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ninthlife wrote: »
    I was thinking it was a full time mad ba$tard thing and im only a hobby enthusiast mad bastard so I wouldnt really know these things...glad im not alone

I think the 'i before e' rule would have caused confusion when trying to get around damn auto correct.

More seriously, from that facebook ad I've found two Facebook profiles of people looking for a 'reseat' for a particular scrambler...both look to be of children, one of them appears to have been selling a car a few months ago. Where the ****ing hell are these children getting cars? ( I know, I know... :rolleyes:)

From having a quick look at their profiles it does look like their interest in bikes/scramblers is at least a somewhat productive interest and hobby, just a shame they're too thick / can't understand why they shouldn't be speeding wrecklessly around roads on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

They should have arrested the one in the dressing gown and the one in the grey tracksuit.

At the end the camera person attack the garda. Swift kicks in the arses are called for for most of them in the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Before you get a council house you should have to pass a test on civics. On being sound and on why society needs you not to be a scrote. When you can show understanding of that you should go to the top of the list. Everyone else should get a tent at the canal until they atleast attend the civics, society and not being a scrote course down the local fas/Intreo centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,865 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Can't understand why any parent would buy one of those things for their kids for bombing around an estate / public roads.

This ^^^ it’s no wonder they don’t have any respect for the rule of law, Gardai etc... when they are quite satisfied to purchase a scrambler for a child to ride around the streets, illegally, without any protective equipment, training etc... in carrying out his duty he would be considering the health, safety and wellbeing of the kid as well as other motorists and pedestrians too. No laughing matter for anyone also who might come around the corner and would hit the kid causing injury or death and having to live with that on their conscience regardless of whose fault it may have been. Or if the little kid mounted the pavement accidentally crashing into a family out with young kids themselves.

The little fûcker shouldn’t have been given it, shouldn’t have been out on the street with it but when you have complete knacker bags like that for parents what chance do you have, slim to none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

It really shouldn't surprise me that people have the audacity to support people like this family and claim the guard is in the wrong.

I'm not saying the Gardai are perfect but what's the alternative, anarchy?

Some family, that teen hasn't a hope surrounded by that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I think the 'i before e' rule would have caused confusion when trying to get around damn auto correct.

More seriously, from that facebook ad I've found two Facebook profiles of people looking for a 'reseat' for a particular scrambler...both look to be of children, one of them appears to have been selling a car a few months ago. Where the ****ing hell are these children getting cars? ( I know, I know... :rolleyes:)

From having a quick look at their profiles it does look like their interest in bikes/scramblers is at least a somewhat productive interest and hobby, just a shame they're too thick / can't understand why they shouldn't be speeding wrecklessly around roads on them.

Still none the wiser to what a reseat is

At least youve learned where to look should your car ever be stolen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

So we have no licence, tax and insurance and also obstructon of justice.

Hopefully that video is enough to prove it. Lock the feral family up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,865 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It really shouldn't surprise me that people have the audacity to support people like this family and claim the guard is in the wrong.

I'm not saying the Gardai are perfect but what's the alternative, anarchy?

Some family, that teen hasn't a hope surrounded by that lot.

He hasn’t, he will be in school relating the whole story, proud as punch no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Please say you aren't serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

BDI wrote: »
    Before you get a council house you should have to pass a test on civics.

Most of them have Civics.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

You have watched the video haven't you?

It's one Guard surounded by scrotes acting in a threatening manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,294 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I went to school most of us was embarrassed if our mam got out of the car, never mind attack a Garda and share it on social media!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Are Gardai allowed enter gender neutral toilets without wearing their hat?

Only if there's a pregnant woman having a sh1t into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

BDI wrote: »
    Before you get a council house you should have to pass a test on civics. On being sound and on why society needs you not to be a scrote. When you can show understanding of that you should go to the top of the list. Everyone else should get a tent at the canal until they atleast attend the civics, society and not being a scrote course down the local fas/Intreo centre.

Wouldn't matter, scrotes would 'pass' the test and proceed to be scrotes once they got the house.

And when they clock their head off the concrete guess who gets sued!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

PostWoke wrote: »
    And when they clock their head off the concrete guess who gets sued!

De bleedin' Corpo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

We pay tax to provide for these people... it's depressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

When you see people out in their Pajamas. You know they'll be issues.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    If I'd have ever got into trouble with the Gardai when I was younger, my parents would have dragged me out of the house by the ears to be arrested.

Best responses by a mile in this thread, in that order.

No wonder someone is looking for a "reseat". Its at least 1500 yoyos for one of those.

Advertisement