Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

PlayStation Won't Attend E3 2019, Sony Confirms

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-wont-attend-e3-2019-sony-confirms/1100-6463293/

Just read this and it's Nintendo related. Strange decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Nintendo related?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Nintendo related?

Read first, judge second

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Banjo wrote: »
    Read first, judge second

Did both. Still confused.

One of the 3 main pillars of E3 won't be there next year. It's the first time since they entered the video game market that they'll be missing, or that any of them have been. You never know, it might signal a shift away from E3 for Nintendo too eventually. The industry is rapidly changing. Indies have rose so quickly, it's changing over to digital more and more, Fortnite, a free game is the biggest revenue earner, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Did both. Still confused.

Well i took it as ninty related in that They blazed the trail with Treehouses and VT presentations. I'm an optimist though.

Nintendo of Russia CEO Loses His Temper During Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Livestream

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/457835-nintendo-of-russia-ceo-angry-livestream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qParAqIf5mM

Former Nintendo Russia Employees Are Accusing CEO Yasha Haddaji Of Blackmailing, Abuse, Sexual Harassment & More

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/11/17/former-nintendo-russia-employees-are-accusing-ceo-yasha-haddaji-of-blackmailing-abuse-sexual-harassment-more/

https://kanobu.ru/articles/stress-abuse-harassment-nintendo-russias-ex-employees-speak-up-about-their-time-at-the-company-372886/

This is getting more and more interesting. Something tells me that Haddaji won't be CEO of Nintendo Russia for too much longer.

NINTENDO EUROPE ISSUES AWARE OF MISCONDUCT ALLEGATIONS AGAINST NINTENDO RUSSIA'S CEO, ARE RUNNING AN INVESTIGATION

"We are aware of a video uploaded to YouTube recently in which Nintendo Russia’s General Manager, Yasha Haddaji, is seen losing his temper during an altercation with an external vendor in charge of a Mario Kart livestream. Mr Haddaji’s conduct and choice of words are most certainly not in line with our company values. We are also aware of further allegations that have appeared in the wake of this video and are now running a thorough investigation. We take these matters extremely seriously and will not comment further while we are running our investigation."

https://gonintendo.com/stories/322911-nintendo-europe-issues-aware-of-misconduct-allegations-against-ni

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Have poured around 50 or so hours into Stardew Valley and have achieved everything I want to* but there's still three weeks until Smash Bros. I'm in that state of malaise of 'will I play an older game again?', 'will I finish something I set down?', 'will I do something other than play games?' or 'will I buy Diablo 3/Starlink and let that fill the time?' Hurmph.

*upgrade all tools to gold as Iridium is bullshit, finish community centre packages, learn Dwarf, win all competitions, unlock sewers, get Galaxy Sword, finish Mines, get a dinosaur etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Rhyme wrote: »
    Have poured around 50 or so hours into Stardew Valley and have achieved everything I want to* but there's still three weeks until Smash Bros. I'm in that state of malaise of 'will I play an older game again?', 'will I finish something I set down?', 'will I do something other than play games?' or 'will I buy Diablo 3/Starlink and let that fill the time?' Hurmph.

*upgrade all tools to gold as Iridium is bullshit, finish community centre packages, learn Dwarf, win all competitions, unlock sewers, get Galaxy Sword, finish Mines, get a dinosaur etc.

Maybe Crashlands is worth a look so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems Civilization VI is a decent port from what I see online, if you're into that type of game

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Maybe Crashlands is worth a look so

I think I'm all farmed/built/maintained out. Just want to destroy and run around and not have to worry about milking cows, upgrading buildings etc.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seems Civilization VI is a decent port from what I see online, if you're into that type of game

See above :)

Civ is a game I'd pick up in a dry spell and play for months, too much on the horizon at the moment. Same reason I'm now steering away from Diablo 3, too much game. I'll have a browse on the eShop tonight and see if there is an small game I can muscle around with for a few weeks. Or just play the Steamworld games again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Have you tried Rogue Legacy? About €6 in South Africa... Great for a quick game or a long session...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm very tempted to buy Bendy and the Ink Machine tomorrow, should be about €29.99 in Argos, and I have a fiver voucher about to implode tomorrow.
    My son assures me it's very good...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    Have you tried Rogue Legacy? About €6 in South Africa... Great for a quick game or a long session...

I have it on other formats, PC and PS4, it's pretty good I'm assured by Cidonalad.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have it on other formats, PC and PS4, it's pretty good I'm assured by Cidonalad.

If "pretty good" is code for being like crack cocaine, then yep, it's pretty good.

I think I've played 30 hours since it came out.

If "pretty good" is code for being like crack cocaine, then yep, it's pretty good.

I think I've played 30 hours since it came out.

Happily, he is now looking for the best of the bunch, Symphony of the Night, to play next.
    I have a few choices, from the PSone with the original screen and the game in my collection.
    Alternatively I can get the PSTV working, and install the game on it, he could play it there either.

That game would jump to the top of the digital charts on Switch. Konami don't want our money.

That game would jump to the top of the digital charts on Switch. Konami don't want our money.

Well, after what they did to the Silent Hill and MGS franchises, this should not be a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - Creating a Champion Hero's Edition

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1506710115/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yQQ9BbS9FETB3

Really nice art book set.

• Advertisement

Can't find a specific answer for this so figured I'd ask here before trying the expensive options.

All set up on the US eShop for those sweet Black Friday deals but can't pay for anything. Debit Card didn't work unsurprisingly (Visa) and PayPal either as it's tied to that debit card. Tried buying US eShop credit on Play-Asia and had the same card declined error (card works fine otherwise). So it seems I have three options and need some advice.

1. Put PayPal credit on my account and try to spend that so it's not tied directly to my card (I'd be surprised if this works, can't find anyone else trying it online).

2. Phone Visa and get them to allow a Play-Asia purchase, I've seen online that they are sensitive about that particular store so I'm sure a phone call would sort it.

or...

3. Another option that I've not though of yet, some other way of buying something from the US eShop or getting credit for the same.

Thoughts? Can't do anything at the moment as I'm in work.

Can't find a specific answer for this so figured I'd ask here before trying the expensive options.

All set up on the US eShop for those sweet Black Friday deals but can't pay for anything. Debit Card didn't work unsurprisingly (Visa) and PayPal either as it's tied to that debit card. Tried buying US eShop credit on Play-Asia and had the same card declined error (card works fine otherwise). So it seems I have three options and need some advice.

1. Put PayPal credit on my account and try to spend that so it's not tied directly to my card (I'd be surprised if this works, can't find anyone else trying it online).

2. Phone Visa and get them to allow a Play-Asia purchase, I've seen online that they are sensitive about that particular store so I'm sure a phone call would sort it.

or...

3. Another option that I've not though of yet, some other way of buying something from the US eShop or getting credit for the same.

Thoughts? Can't do anything at the moment as I'm in work.

Hmm..I've always used Play Asia

You could try revolut directly with the US eShop or use revolut for a virtual credit card number, top it up and then use that on play asia

Ohhh - didn't realise - just bought it :D

I have way too many games :/

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Hmm..I've always used Play Asia

You could try revolut directly with the US eShop or use revolut for a virtual credit card number, top it up and then use that on play asia

I'll give Revolut a whirl when I get home. I think it was the third option that I just couldn't get my brain to produce, it's been a looooong week here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'll give Revolut a whirl when I get home. I think it was the third option that I just couldn't get my brain to produce, it's been a looooong week here.

I've used pcgamesupply in the past with no issues. Will be using them again for that Skyrim goodness :)

chrislad wrote: »
    I've used pcgamesupply in the past with no issues. Will be using them again for that Skyrim goodness :)

Cool, that's my backup so. Maybe it's exhaustion from a week of difficult patients but I really want Starlink and the standard edition has a ton of ships and guns and stuff. $45 instead of €80.

[EDIT]: Had some more card trouble but only when copped that my re-issued card had a new expiry date did it work again :/ all good now and Starlink is great.

NEW Easter Egg in Super Metroid Discovered! Romantic Message from Programmer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-rqC2E0kTE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Do my eyes deceive me, or are lidl selling the snes classic mini??

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=14288

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Do my eyes deceive me, or are lidl selling the snes classic mini??

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=14288

Aldi will probably have the NES Mini!
    Dealz, being a bit sh1te, will have an @tgames Megadrive clone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Just came across this. I think I'd almost be convinced by a Zelda movie.

But more immediately it's triggered a desire to go home 'sick' and replay Majora's Mask!

Advertisement