Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

kuro68k wrote: »
    Some photos of the UK version here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-PgV1gvbpnoEGtESSI3895D0ajLoXago

Interior looks pretty cheap for a £33k car...

I think the interior looks okay in pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

kuro68k wrote: »
    Some photos of the UK version here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-PgV1gvbpnoEGtESSI3895D0ajLoXago

Interior looks pretty cheap for a £33k car...

If you think that looks cheap, don't bother looking at the Kona :P

Privacy glass seems a lot better then the Leaf as in it allows a bit more light in.

Old diesel wrote: »
    Privacy glass seems a lot better then the Leaf as in it allows a bit more light in.

For the kids, darker the better I find...sun shining in and they wreck the head

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    For the kids, darker the better I find...sun shining in and they wreck the head

It's more combining with a black interior I have a beef with - this is industry wide so not a specific Kia issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

Old diesel wrote: »
    I think the interior looks okay in pics.

The PHEV is nicer... Two tone.

The plastic looks really cheap. I've had cars costing 1/3rd as much that were nicer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

Spotted on Cars Ireland website, first eNiro for sale:

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2252406&r=s.php%3Fm%3D39%26o%3D2595%26r%3D2019%26g%3D0

45 k before grants for the 39kWh. List of specs, but not sure if it's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

€35k on the road after incentives for the 64kWh would have been a good price. For the 39kWh? Maybe not so much...

Photos are quite poor tbh.

The interior ones especially - looks like the car was either indoors or in a dark place for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,372 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

icom wrote: »
    Spotted on Cars Ireland website, first eNiro for sale:

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2252406&r=s.php%3Fm%3D39%26o%3D2595%26r%3D2019%26g%3D0

45 k before grants for the 39kWh. List of specs, but not sure if it's correct.
    Considering they've listed "Engine size: 1.6" and used photos of a BEV I wouldnt be putting much trust in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

ELM327 wrote: »
    Considering they've listed "Engine size: 1.6" and used photos of a BEV I wouldnt be putting much trust in that.

And road tax 170 and 2 previous owners:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

ELM327 wrote: »

I saw that too...but interior is different to the PHEV/ hybrid, so I can only surmise that its the BEV.

Either way, the PHEV looks better imho than the car in those pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭eagerv

From the pics looks like we are getting the smaller info screen, but at least with nav. Also looks like no led lights. But has radar fitted to front of car so hopefully adaptive cruise. Looks like it from steering wheel controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

rang the dealer earlier, yeah 39kwh version 35k after grant, 64 KW around 4-5k more, no LED headlights but has a fairly decent spec, I've been told the 64 kw versions will be in for 192, but not sure how many available. I'm getting a test drive for a weekend when the dealer gets it in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

jordan191 wrote: »
    rang the dealer earlier, yeah 39kwh version 35k after grant, 64 KW around 4-5k more, no LED headlights but has a fairly decent spec, I've been told the 64 kw versions will be in for 192, but not sure how many available. I'm getting a test drive for a weekend when the dealer gets it in

40K after grant is a lot of dough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Don't know if this is interesting or not but the Kia in Mullingar (Sleators) advertising on FB the 39kw demo model is in. They are taking orders tomorrow looks like https://m.facebook.com/sleators/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Reviewed by Doug DeMuro here: https://youtu.be/HnI4BDLOb_8

fricatus wrote: »

I do agree with him, I was sitting beside one today and they are actually quite small in terms of height.....especially when you consider the likes of the RAV4 are growing in size

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Miscreant

fricatus wrote: »

Wow, roughly $38k BEFORE any tax incentives? We really do get ripped off here! If I could pick up an e-Niro for about €33k then I would buy one tomorrow. They would sell out in minutes here at that price. Will never happen though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

What do the financials for importing from the UK look like? It's £33k there, or £36,500 without the grant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Miscreant wrote: »
    Wow, roughly $38k BEFORE any tax incentives? We really do get ripped off here! If I could pick up an e-Niro for about €33k then I would buy one tomorrow. They would sell out in minutes here at that price. Will never happen though.....

We live in a different country and within a difference economic community, there has to be import duties and sales tax/VAT differentials, that's the whole purpose of global trade agreements and barriers

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Do any dealers around Dublin have demos yet?

Ryath wrote: »
    Do any dealers around Dublin have demos yet?

I just asked the guy in Blanch Kia, will see what he says

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Dundrum have a demo I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

The 39kwh model that a few dealers have here or have coming in appears to come with out a heat pump, 7in info screen, seats are manual and no LED lights.
    Its not really clear if this model is actually being released here or if it is just a few demo vehicles that are being put in dealers possible to test the market. Still no clear spec available re battery cooling / heating and none available for the 64kwh version that we will get unsure if it is safe to assume we will get the uk spec of if they will remove even more for the Irish version. No app available for both initially but this could come in revised version which will get the coms module and a new info screen setup.

It is looking like there will be a 4-5k difference in price between the 2 types if we do get both.

There appears to be a considerable difference in the 2 versions more than just battery size. Would no heat pump and the range and power differences be deal breakers on the 39kw version for you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

. Would no heat pump and the range and power differences be deal breakers on the 39kw version for you ?

Yes. The bigger battery means higher max power output, which means more F.UN.

A 39kWh on the road for €32k represents better value than a 64kWh on the road for €37k imho. Even though the latter has a better spec. The former would be fine for most people with a driveway (the overwhelming majority of buyers of a brand new €30k crossover in Ireland would be families with kids and a driveway) and they will save money in total cost of ownership compared with a mid size crossover diesel from another make that can be bought for a few grand less.

The owners of a 64kWh are not likely to save money. Unless they do intergalactic miles...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The 64kwH won't lose the €5K either as it will hold its value. So whilst the €5K is a capital cost, its not lost.

• Advertisement

Yes, it is not lost, but it will depreciate. And I reckon a 37k will have a higher percentage of annual depreciation than a 32k one, and coming from a higher price already, this will double the effect.

I'd say after 5 years the 32k will be worth about 2k less than the 37k. So 3k extra lost on the 37k...

Advertisement