Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Is there any reason why all the top 15 (according to Boxrec) heavyweights are VADA enrolled, except Anthony Joshua?

https://boxrec.com/en/ratings?offset=0&sex=M&division=Heavyweight

How do you know AJ is not enrolled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭normanoffside

How do you know AJ is not enrolled ?

Their VADA enrolment is listed on their profile there under thir picture.
    It says it for all the top heavyweights except AJ and Miller (who is banned).

Their VADA enrolment is listed on their profile there under thir picture.
    It says it for all the top heavyweights except AJ and Miller (who is banned).

Doesn't surprise me at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I see hunter vs povetkin added to Ruiz Joshua card. Who ya got?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

squinn2912 wrote: »
    I see hunter vs povetkin added to Ruiz Joshua card. Who ya got?

Hunter. Hearn is lining him up for fights. Alex is approaching gatekeeper status.

• Advertisement

So Wilder vs Ortiz at the weekend. You guys going to watch it? Who wins and how?

So Wilder vs Ortiz at the weekend. You guys going to watch it? Who wins and how?

All the pictures of Ortiz show him to be in the shape of his life but at his age I think that might be a bad thing.
    Wilder inside 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Wilder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Wilder inside 6

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Wilder in 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,671 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Love to see Ortiz KO Wilder....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

What time will this be on lads, ill be in a hotel in tippereary , was hoping the residents bar would have it , probably being a bit optimistic

akelly02 wrote: »
    What time will this be on lads, ill be in a hotel in tippereary , was hoping the residents bar would have it , probably being a bit optimistic

Programme starts at 0200 on Sky. Be close to 0400 start time I'd imagine... NYC

walshb wrote: »

i might still be up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

A lot later than that I'd imagine. Nery vs Rodriguez isn't due to start until 3.30. Could be looking at a 5am start for the main.

The Nal wrote: »
    A lot later than that I'd imagine. Nery vs Rodriguez isn't due to start until 3.30. Could be looking at a 5am start for the main.

That can't be right. Running order has LSC as the fight before Wilder.

Nery v Rodriguez is a fight or two before LSC

NYC is 5 hrs behind us, which would mean Wilder-Ortiz starting at closE on 0100 hours NYC....That's way too late.

Best bet could be to tell hotel staff you’re not drinking but want to get up for the fight. If you drink until then you’ll be watching 3 boxing matches at the same time, wildiz will win and you might reenact it on the poor barman

Whyte due back boxing on Dec 7...

He is free to box...

Whyte due back boxing on Dec 7...

He is free to box...

He is going to box in Dubai no? If under investigation by by UKAD he's only suspended in the UK

He is going to box in Dubai no? If under investigation by by UKAD he's only suspended in the UK

Saudi Arabia on AJ undercard is being said..

• Advertisement

Saudi Arabia on AJ undercard is being said..

Yeah well his UKAD test won't affect him fighting in Saudi until they at least make a decision.

Remember, Fury fought Vlad in Germany after failing a UKAD test (though it wasn't made public at the time unlike the Whyte case)

Yeah well his UKAD test won't affect him fighting in Saudi until they at least make a decision.

Remember, Fury fought Vlad in Germany after failing a UKAD test (though it wasn't made public at the time unlike the Whyte case)

That’s lookin like a great undercard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Apparently AJ has been tested a good few times over the last 3 weeks. I saw a post on twitter saying his snapchat has been full of testers landing to him nearly every 2nd or 3rd day.

Apparently AJ has been tested a good few times over the last 3 weeks. I saw a post on twitter saying his snapchat has been full of testers landing to him nearly every 2nd or 3rd day.

Yet he is the only ranked heavyweight not VADA enrolled.
    VADA means being tested all year round, not just in competition.
    Failing a test in competition would only be an intelligence fail.

AJ is clean...

D only suspicion with people is because he “looks good.”

And even if he was juiced, it’s blatantly obvious that they’re not stamina based or toughness based juice!

Yet he is the only ranked heavyweight not VADA enrolled.
    VADA means being tested all year round, not just in competition.
    Failing a test in competition would only be an intelligence fail.

Ay. Still thought it was interesting to hear, there was never much talk about testing before his other big fights.

I think I'm on a similar page to Walshb on this topic in so far that I'm sceptical of all professional sports but until an athlete actually fails I default to them being clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

If you ain't banging you ain't hanging :pac:

Ay. Still thought it was interesting to hear, there was never much talk about testing before his other big fights.

I think I'm on a similar page to Walshb on this topic in so far that I'm sceptical of all professional sports but until an athlete actually fails I default to them being clean.

Well Lance Armstrong never failed a test.... there a very simple saying- never take a test you can’t pass!

Well Lance Armstrong never failed a test.... there a very simple saying- never take a test you can’t pass!

True. But where do ya draw the line? Anyways it's not for the thread.

But yes I 100% agree with ya that it's interesting AJ isn't VADA registered.

• Advertisement

Best bet could be to tell hotel staff you’re not drinking but want to get up for the fight. If you drink until then you’ll be watching 3 boxing matches at the same time, wildiz will win and you might reenact it on the poor barman

you have such a little opinion of me im disgusted

no wait that sounds spot on

Advertisement