Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Warm, Thunderstorms, Flash flooding - Friday through weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Load of live stream cameras on the link below from Brittany, looks very nice there at the moment

Link: http://www.webcamgalore.com/EN/France/Brittany/statecam-0.html

Depends on where in Brittany.

http://webcam.treffiagat.fr/public/webcam/blank.php

Treffiagat looks a bit wet...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Nice ball of cloud and sferics leaving the BoB now. http://www.sat24.com/en/eu

Activity ballooning nicely. Slight NNE change to the track, possibly Cork/Waterford border for the centre of the formation to make landfall, then perhaps a range of 200kms either side to see the most intense rain as it tracks up east Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Am i right in thinking us in the northeast will miss most of the action tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

What about ballybrack / killiney area ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

What about ballybrack / killiney area ??

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

this looks like splitting with some hitting cork waterford and some west kerry

wexford and wicklow may miss the brunt

btw its only 18c and raining here today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Starting to get a bit excited about this now, looks better for England than Ireland at the moment but in these setups you never know what to expect in an hours time which is what makes it so much fun to follow. I'd say anywhere in Ireland and the UK could be affected by storms over the weekend, if one big storm acts differently than what was forecast then it usually throws everything else out of line so all to play for for everyone yet

Good luck tonight to the southern half of Ireland and we'll take it from there tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Storm 10

What time do you guys think that if I went to Salthill and looked South on Galway Bay could I expect to see lightning ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭pad199207

The batch of sferics down south looks to be travelling at a good pace. I'd say it will be here earlier the expected

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pad199207 wrote: »
    The batch of sferics down south looks to be travelling at a good pace. I'd say it will be here earlier the expected

Think we will see anything around our neck of the woods ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

pauldry wrote: »

Free pints next time you're in Dingle.... if true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

*thumbs up*

Right now on Icelandic boards they are discussing the potential Irish plume :)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/703613/314882.gif

This made me laugh! well done iceland!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Getting closer....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

wexford and wicklow may miss the brunt

On Sat24 it looks like both the Irish and SW England lumps are starting to pep up and the gap between them starting to fill so Id be surprised if every southern county didnt see some downpours.

btw its only 18c and raining here today

Today nobody cares;)

DominoDub wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

Are u retarded?

The Western batch of Sferics could miss the SW coast altogether. There's a good pull to the left by the Low

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Are u retarded?

No one is retarded, the problem is asking for specific weather information for a particular place when all one can give is a guess at best.

I could ask for where I live, most wouldn't care and no one would really know for sure.
    Weather is not an exact science, whether you experience a thunderstorm or not is unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If you have to hit the hay early tonight and you are in the middle of the country away from the south coast it might be worthwhile setting your alarm for circa 2 am and having a gawk. It's gonna be a late one!

RobertKK wrote: »
    No one is retarded, the problem is asking for specific weather information for a particular place when all one can give is a guess at best.

I could ask for where I live, most wouldn't care and no one would really know for sure.
    Weather is not an exact science, whether you experience a thunderstorm or not is unknown.

Will anywhere in the island of Ireland have any thunder ? Lighting ? Rain in the next 48 hrs ....or is this not an exact science , a guess is fine - life is a guess!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

If you have to hit the hay early tonight and you are in the middle of the country away from the south coast it might be worthwhile setting your alarm for circa 2 am and having a gawk. It's gonna be a late one!

I am hoping thunder will be my alarm! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

weisses wrote: »
    Free pints next time you're in Dingle.... if true :D

im on my way! :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Area of storms seem to be intensifying. http://www.sat24.com/en/eu

Only hope for the SE and E coasts might be the more easterly of the two main blobs, the one heading for Cornwall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Will anywhere in the island of Ireland have any thunder ? Lighting ? Rain in the next 48 hrs ....or is this not an exact science , a guess is fine - life is a guess!

There are a lot of Dublin based posters near you,Docarch being one.So asking if Ballybrack will have a storm or crumlin when they're commenting on their area already in south Dublin is a bit pointless.
    Just read the thread and its easy to work out whats happening if anything and where its heading if anywhere.
    Oh and if a poster doesnt say where they are,select full site not touch and they should have location under their avatar.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Only hope for the SE and E coasts might be the more easterly of the two main blobs, the one heading for Cornwall.

The eastern blob looks to be getting bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are u retarded?

Chilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

That band of rain is forecast to intensify through the evening before it hits the south coast, whether it stays thundery is another matter but certainly promising for the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Ive no thunder headache.
    Not a good sign for the east :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Hot and sunny all afternoon here in cork.

Set up is a breeding ground for storms
    Looks a cert imo

I'm noticing some cb clouds around here atm. Air is destabilising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Any shift to the west & could be game over for us in the east

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement