Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isn't Galway such a wonderful place in the sunshine..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Was in Dail Bar earlier today for lunch and it was dead quiet. That is because a lot of people working in town lunched outside in the sunshine and many seemingly by the river. Yes, the locals love Galway in the sunshine as much as the tourists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Lots of flesh on show today..some of it was not lobster red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭galwegians

galway is a gem of a place to live. here ten yrs now and i love it, the people are friendly/helpfull/and easy going. i have lived in a lot of cities here and abroad.

galway on a sunny day does it for me,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Thought it was way too hot today, nearly burned the head off myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

You miser! I wish the sun would come back now. Stupid clouds are taking the piss. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 P2011

Galway is the best place to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

I moved to Galway from Dublin last September and of the places in Ireland that I've been to, Galway is the best when the sun comes out.It certainly makes up for the wet and windy days anyway.Moving to Galway was one of the best decisions I've ever made....I love this place!

Today was simply a stunning day.. calm, sunny, no pregnant clouds approaching from the peaks of Clare. Even the roadwork locations looked positively attractive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

snubbleste wrote: »
    Today was simply a stunning day.. calm, sunny, no pregnant clouds approaching from the peaks of Clare. Even the roadwork locations looked positively attractive :)

You didn't have to drive through Tuam then :mad: but other than that it was a great day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

hiscan wrote: »
    You didn't have to drive through Tuam then :mad: but other than that it was a great day :D

Driving through Galway? No thanks! Worst urban planning in Ireland. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There isn't any urban planning.... the city has developed bit by bit over hundreds of years it can't really be expected to cope with 21st century traffic.

Today was a lovely day, pity I had to spend all of it at work. There was a beautiful sunrise on my drive into town though.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

MadYaker wrote: »
    There isn't any urban planning.... the city has developed bit by bit over hundreds of years it can't really be expected to cope with 21st century traffic.

Today was a lovely day, pity I had to spend all of it at work. There was a beautiful sunrise on my drive into town though.

My friend they had the money and the chance and they blew it! Galway has expanded 3/4 fold during the boom years. This is when most of the new suburbs were built and the infrastructure put in badly! Not over hundreds of years, nonsense! Galway is a good town and I had some great times there and made many friends but it is run by short sighted gombeen idiots who are on the take and put nothing back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let's keep this thread positive ok? Plenty of other threads to vent about this and that in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Possible heatwave at the weekend and early next week, by November standards.

avnpanel1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

Yesterday was the most beautiful day in months, clear sky, perfect light for taking photographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

lucianot wrote: »
    Yesterday was the most beautiful day in months, clear sky, perfect light for taking photographs.

+1 on that. was out in salthill yesterday evening. took some beautiful pictures of the sun setting over the bay. was so lovely out there. today is equally as nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

ScumLord wrote: »
    I think Ireland in general can't be beat when the sun is shinning. We're just immune to it's beauty at this stage. Any time I've gone to Spain or any other hot country and spent any time travelling through their so called countryside I have to admit it's pretty awful looking and desolate scenery.

Then coming back to Ireland even on a bad day it looks brilliant, there's an instant atmosphere and it burns vibrant colour into your eyeballs.

this is true... i see the countryside everyday and think nothing of it. Every time i travel and come back and it astounds me, i promise myself i'll appreciate it, and i'm back to meh in under a week.

That said had a great weekend... sat in coole park and yesterday walking the canals.

It hit 23.2 degrees an hour ago in Galway..hottest day of the year so far

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Its roasting out the prom, I feel so sorry for the people who have to work this week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

There's nowhere better. Spent 4 hrs out in salthill just chilling. Thankfully I didn't get scalded.

• Advertisement

I wish this weather was reserved for the Ocean race and Race week to be honest. Instead it will be p*ssing rain when we really want the good weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

I wish this weather was reserved for the Ocean race and Race week to be honest. Instead it will be p*ssing rain when we really want the good weather.

Based on many years of schooling in Galway... I call this 'exam weather'.

The sun splitting the stones while you are cramming for exams and then... once the exams are finished... the little known but very real 'Atlantic Monsoon Season' begins in June and finishes in September, once the holidays are over.

;)

The only hope is that the weather has been most peculiar for the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Lovely weather for exams. Took 20 minutes to get from the mini roundabout in Salthill to Claddagh driving because people would walk right in front of cars. Please watch and use the pedestrian lights instead of running from Leisureland across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Amazing down the prom this evening, even at 7 pm it was still roasting.

Can't wait to go down there again tomorrow:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ceannbui

no place i'd rather be when the sun shines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

Rather you than me.

.......if you really must head outside, make sure to cover or lather up, skin cancer is a huge issue these days, factor 50+ is best for irish skin. Don't take any risks when it comes to the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

so balmy last night - spent most of my time gardening after work. Does anyone have the scoop on what the weather will be like over the weekend and for the next week or so. I might take a couple of days off next week if it's going to be like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Plenty of people getting in the water yesterday evening...

You kinda jinxed it :mad:

• Advertisement

It hit 24.3°c in Galway today
    Scorchio :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement