Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Five guys is ****, support the local lads

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I had my first ever Wow burger just over a week ago. Underwhelming is being kind. It was from the one on Wexford Street at about 12.30am so maybe they don't do their best work there but it's put me off ever bothering to try another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

The White Moose Cafe in Phibsborough does a great burger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Kyle More wrote: »
    The White Moose Cafe in Phibsborough does a great burger.

As long as your not Brazilian !

As long as your not Brazilian !

Or vegan, or a breastfeeding mother :D But all joking aside, despite the image they portray online, Paul and Jason are actually very obliging and attentive hosts. It's all just publicity stunts. In fairness, it works. The reason I went there in the first place was because I wanted to see the place and meet the supposed nutter behind it all. Then, as it turned out, they actually did nice food.

Kyle More wrote: »
    Or vegan, or a breastfeeding mother :D But all joking aside, despite the image they portray online, Paul and Jason are actually very obliging and attentive hosts. It's all just publicity stunts. In fairness, it works. The reason I went there in the first place was because I wanted to see the place and meet the supposed nutter behind it all. Then, as it turned out, they actually did nice food.

Apologies for going off topic there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Bunsen still the best for me.

I have visited GBK next to it on South Anne Street a few times recently and have to say that it offers a good overall experience. Paying at the counter at the beginning meaning one can just walk out when finished, free refills on fizzy drinks, great chip seasonings together with chip dips and a great (contemplates not stating this) vegan burger for 9.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I finally visited Bunsen but I was so drunk I can barely remember. I think ricks is better for drunk people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I have visited GBK next to it on South Anne Street a few times recently and have to say that it offers a good overall experience. Paying at the counter at the beginning meaning one can just walk out when finished, free refills on fizzy drinks, great chip seasonings together with chip dips and a great (contemplates not stating this) vegan burger for 9.50.

GBK could be under threat it seems as store closures are on the cards after racking up losses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45962981

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,554 ✭✭✭✭L1011

UK market conditions are dire compared to here. UK franchiser does own the Irish branches since abrakebabra sold them in 2016 though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

whiskeyman wrote: »
    GBK could be under threat it seems as store closures are on the cards after racking up losses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45962981

The branch in the Pavilions in Swords closed last weekend. Five Guys are moving in nearby in the next few months, so the burger boom continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Singer wrote: »
    The branch in the Pavilions in Swords closed last weekend.
    Well thats no loss. I ate there once with the missus. My burger was woeful; she got the scutts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Had another chili shack this weekend and was gorgeous as usual.

Tried a mad egg chicken burger tonight which h was decent enough too. Chips tasted a bit weird. Thank from for their sriracha and ketchup sauces.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AngryLoner

TOKEN have STOPPED DOING their Wild Boar Burger :(

Anybody know anywhere in Dublin that does a Wild Boar burger? I'm strung out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cienciano wrote: »
    I finally visited Bunsen but I was so drunk I can barely remember. I think ricks is better for drunk people.
    Yeah tbh if you are langers I would prefer if you stick to ricks as well.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭trellheim

Bujo tried last night, pleasantly surprised.

Fries not all they could be tho, quantity fine just a little overdone.

However the burger was superb. I'll be back !. Chili Shack still gets my vote but we have a new No.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭JayRoc

On the subject of fries/chips...for someone who generally considers them a waste of time I was pleasantly surprised by Five Guys peanut oil fries. Ate most of a large portion before I knew it.

Reckon the size may have been a factor...it was like the whole bag was full of the nice crunchy small bits that are usually at the bottom of a bag of chips

Certainly the best thing about 5 Guys.

Price was a huge turn-off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Had a Captain Americas burger on Thursday after Leopardstown... granted I was a few pints in but have to say it wasn't a bad burger at all for a "mainstream" place - lovely crispy bacon too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

trellheim wrote: »
    Bujo tried last night, pleasantly surprised.

Fries not all they could be tho, quantity fine just a little overdone.

However the burger was superb. I'll be back !. Chili Shack still gets my vote but we have a new No.2

Bujo is great, Ive only been three times as it is out of the way for me but it is a real good burger.

Chilli Shack excellent too though last time I was in it wasnt great, perhaps just an off night because it is generally very consistent. Though have they sorted out their front door yet? It never seems to close properly and with Deliveroo riders constantly coming and going the place is pretty draughty and cold to eat in, especially during winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

this is a great question.

it's all about opinion I suppose, but i do think bunsen is the best. the meat is unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Had a burger in Abra in city centre earlier. Very average.

Salad wasn't great. Too much red sauce and burger itself bog standard frozen type.

Burger and chips was almost a tenner. Bit of a ripoff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Had a burger in Abra in city centre earlier. Very average.

Salad wasn't great. Too much red sauce and burger itself big standard frozen type.

Burger and chips was almost a tenner. Bit of a ripoff

abra is terrible, i came home bananas drunk recently and they were the only lot open.

when i opened the door to the driver he had my food on top of the my bins waiting for me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

mrmorgan wrote: »
    abra is terrible, i came home bananas drunk recently and they were the only lot open.

when i opened the door to the driver he had my food on top of the my bins waiting for me!!

I’d never go to abra again.
    Recently went to the one in dame st during the afternoon.

Customer service is non existent. Sour and down right unfriendly. The food was slop. A donor and a chicken kebab. Donor was ok. Chicken was atrocious. Had to throw it out. The chicken was just filth. I really wanted to put their window in and hadn’t touch a drop of drink. Never again.

I ordered an Abrakebabra the other week. Everything about it was vile. It was probably the worst fast food I've ever had. Simply disgusting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’d never go to abra again.
    Recently went to the one in dame st during the afternoon.

Customer service is non existent. Sour and down right unfriendly. The food was slop. A donor and a chicken kebab. Donor was ok. Chicken was atrocious. Had to throw it out. The chicken was just filth. I really wanted to put their window in and hadn’t touch a drop of drink. Never again.

It was the dame Street branch I was in yest. And yes customer service was bad but the burger was worse !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Class of 82

The Generator Hostel in Smithfield. Fantastic burgers.

I did not know that. Somewhere else to try !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Had a burger here just before Christmas, was absolutely delicious. Was the BBQ one, reasonable price and filled me before my night of drinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Went to five guys on georges st earlier, dont think ive been in one since canada about 6 years ago. Knew it would be expensive, but it is definitely not as good as i remember. Cajun chips were rank as well.

My curiosity satisfied, will return to bunsen/wowburger/rockets/bobo's ahead of it next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tried Chilli shack tonight and was very underwhelmed, was grand but nothing above average. Bujo still top for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 babamaal

How has this thread got to 20 pages without mentioning Featherblade on Dawson Street? Are they too fancy? Their lunchtime burger is the best I have ever had, in Ireland or anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Best burger I've had was in pigeon house in delgany. That's wickla but there's one in clontarf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

babamaal wrote: »
    How has this thread got to 20 pages without mentioning Featherblade on Dawson Street? Are they too fancy? Their lunchtime burger is the best I have ever had, in Ireland or anywhere else.

I had it before, it was grand. Spose if you prefer a smokier burger it might be up there.

Resurrecting an old thread but myself and herself were in Bison Bar on the Quays this afternoon for a post blood donation meal - she got the Bacon Cheese Burger!

The burger itself was delicious, really nicely cooked and that! The bacon was lovely. The brioche bun was tasty (I avoided the cheese when having a taste).

11 quid for a burger and a side! Can't go wrong with that!

Resurrecting an old thread but myself and herself were in Bison Bar on the Quays this afternoon for a post blood donation meal - she got the Bacon Cheese Burger!

The burger itself was delicious, really nicely cooked and that! The bacon was lovely. The brioche bun was tasty (I avoided the cheese when having a taste).

11 quid for a burger and a side! Can't go wrong with that!

Is that the bar you walk through to get to wow burger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,411 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I had a cracking burger in Ashton’s in Clonskeagh the other day. 2 nice juicy patty’s bacon and cheese. It was lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Is that the bar you walk through to get to wow burger?

Bison Bar is directly next door to the Workman's Club where Wowburger is.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭beerpong

Not sure if mentioned but bujo in sandymount is a good one. Much preferred it to bunson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I might have mentioned it before but 'On the pigs back' on Capel st (near parnell st junction) does a great burger, not too big and messy and their sweet potatoe fries are to die for and will feed two people. Also PHX bistro and Woof in smithfield have really good burgers too. Oscars in smithfield used to be really good but the last time I went I was underwhelmed. All much better than the aforementioned Chili shack though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

sweetie wrote: »
    I might have mentioned it before but 'On the pigs back' on Capel st (near parnell st junction) does a great burger, not too big and messy and their sweet potatoe fries are to die for and will feed two people. Also PHX bistro and Woof in smithfield have really good burgers too. Oscars in smithfield used to be really good but the last time I went I was underwhelmed. All much better than the aforementioned Chili shack though.
    Couldn't disagree with this review more tbh. Depends on what kind of "burger" you're looking for I guess, but I'm guessing you'd be a fan of GBK/Bobos/Jo'Burger

• Advertisement

Couldn't disagree with this review more tbh. Depends on what kind of "burger" you're looking for I guess, but I'm guessing you'd be a fan of GBK/Bobos/Jo'Burger

No actually, I'm not. I tried GBK/Jo'Burger once, Bobos I only have a chicken burger on the rare occasion I go there. What part do you disagree with?

No actually, I'm not. I tried GBK/Jo'Burger once, Bobos I only have a chicken burger on the rare occasion I go there. What part do you disagree with?
    The entire thing if I'm honest.

Wuff is fine, nothing special any time I've eaten there.

PHX Bistro is somewhere I've only been once, didn't have a burger but someone I was with did and it looked pretty much like Jo'burger style, a big dry meatball.

Oscars - I've never eaten anything remotely serviceable there.

Chili Shack - had it delivered a couple of times and only had one occasion where it was not great, but still better than any of the above.

Passenger wrote: »
    Bison Bar is directly next door to the Workman's Club where Wowburger is.

New "restaurant" part to Bison is nice! First time in there - comfy as f*ck seats!

New "restaurant" part to Bison is nice! First time in there - comfy as f*ck seats!
    Where is it, back in the part that you used to climb through that window to get through?

Where is it, back in the part that you used to climb through that window to get through?

Just before that window there's now an entrance on the left (used to be a small seating/table) which enters into the new restaurant (google maps says it was Picture Rooms).

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3455249,-6.2663076,3a,75y,166.6h,90.91t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1syGKHJdbM-zGtp0QOdrJqAw!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DyGKHJdbM-zGtp0QOdrJqAw%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D274.9694%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100

PHX Bistro is somewhere I've only been once, didn't have a burger but someone I was with did and it looked pretty much like Jo'burger style, a big dry meatball.

Chili Shack - had it delivered a couple of times and only had one occasion where it was not great, but still better than any of the above.

Wow, so my main recommendation (On the Pig's back) you haven't even tried? PHX you haven't tried either and it's nothing like a big dry meatball. How long ago since you were in Woof, it's changed ownerships since it first opened. I also said Oscars had disimproved. Chili Shack is fine but I prefer the other local options to me.

I see the Great Burger Wars are on again

I love chili shack but when it's delivered, everything is soggy from the condensation going on in the bag/boxes. Still good but eating in the restaurant is ideal.

I love chili shack but when it's delivered, everything is soggy from the condensation going on in the bag/boxes. Still good but eating in the restaurant is ideal.

• Advertisement

trellheim wrote: »
    I see the Great Burger Wars are on again
    I honestly couldn't give a ****, but bad recommendations are bad recommendations. No accounting for taste I guess, but I can't not comment on someone recommending some of the worst restaurants in that area!

Advertisement