Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Home Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

SusanC10 wrote: »
    How are people doing with Tesco Deliveries these days ?
    I have had to complain last week.
    Both juice and cream already past their Use By Dates when delivered.
    Also some Tesco own brand products seem to be running short again.

No problem with use by dates, but noticed Tesco Cola disappeared.
    Lot of products seem to be out on Sunday but back by midweek e.g. prawns.
    One order I didn't get Broccoli which was ordered, easy to miss one item when doing click and collect. In general pretty good though.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,552 ✭✭✭✭zell12

How are people doing with Tesco Deliveries these days ?
    I have had to complain last week. Both juice and cream already past their Use By Dates when delivered. Also some Tesco own brand products seem to be running short again.

All supermarkets are regularly running short on some own brand supplies
    I'd say Tesco staff are run off their feet still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Is anyone having issue making payment for delivery? I am trying to book a second slot but after I input my security code from the back of my card, and the website briefly forwards me to some Bank of Ireland page, an error is displayed:

'Sorry, we had a problem processing your payment.
    This may be a short-term issue. You can try re-entering your card details below.'

I have tried to different BOI cards, and both have more than enough to cover the cost of the small order. Cannot get BOI at the weekends by phone or webchat it seems.

No issues for me, it sounds like maybe BOI are putting you through to a second level of authentication - verified by VISA or something. That's assuming closing browsers completely and re-trying doesn't resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Is anyone having issue making payment for delivery? I am trying to book a second slot but after I input my security code from the back of my card, and the website briefly forwards me to some Bank of Ireland page, an error is displayed:

'Sorry, we had a problem processing your payment.
    This may be a short-term issue. You can try re-entering your card details below.'

I have tried to different BOI cards, and both have more than enough to cover the cost of the small order. Cannot get BOI at the weekends by phone or webchat it seems.

Are you making payment via Tesco app? I used to have sometimes problems with payments via app. Just logged in to my account via browser and payment always went no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

I had this issue a few months ago. It was a Tesco issue. Their Customer Service is very good on the phone once you get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I've had that issue with payment on chrome on pc for my last few orders. I used Firefox and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wonderful thread.. I started needing deliveries two years ago through increasing disability, I live alone on an offshore island and thanks to boards was able to connect with a nearby Supervalu. Tesco is too far away and too difficult to connect with the ferry etc.

I email a list every two weeks and folk from here go over on the ferry then connect with the community bus so it gets synchronised with that.

The ferrymen bring it to my gate in boxes and leave it there; also coal etc. Bottled gas.

They are all stars. Yes there have been some interesting variations so I take great care over the wording of the order! And the web page is great.

When we were cocooned, the local community group sent leaflets and appointed two volunteers so when I need a prescription etc I just make a couple of phone calls

As we are often cut off in bad weather I do have a permanent stock of dry goods to last a few weeks. Planning to get a small breadmaker as I keep flour in.

Also I get some goods from Holland and Barrett by post. Another wonderful resource. Free shipping over E25. And speedy delivery.

It is all very good indeed.

A lovely thread to end my short day! THANK YOU!

Graces7 wrote: »
    Wonderful thread.. I started needing deliveries two years ago through increasing disability, I live alone on an offshore island and thanks to boards was able to connect with a nearby Supervalu. Tesco is too far away and too difficult to connect with the ferry etc.

I email a list every two weeks and folk from here go over on the ferry then connect with the community bus so it gets synchronised with that.

The ferrymen bring it to my gate in boxes and leave it there; also coal etc. Bottled gas.

They are all stars. Yes there have been some interesting variations so I take great care over the wording of the order! And the web page is great.

When we were cocooned, the local community group sent leaflets and appointed two volunteers so when I need a prescription etc I just make a couple of phone calls

As we are often cut off in bad weather I do have a permanent stock of dry goods to last a few weeks. Planning to get a small breadmaker as I keep flour in.

Also I get some goods from Holland and Barrett by post. Another wonderful resource. Free shipping over E25. And speedy delivery.

Great post :) I can get you great recipe for homemade bread, very simple even without bread maker. All you need is dried yeast, bread flour, 1 egg and some warm water. You won't regret :)

Good to hear from you Grace. You popped into my head occasionally during the worst of things and I am glad to know that you are doing ok.

• Advertisement

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Great post :) I can get you great recipe for homemade bread, very simple even without bread maker. All you need is dried yeast, bread flour, 1 egg and some warm water. You won't regret :)

Bless you! I will try this as soon as I get mechanical! l But I need the kneading etc done.. I had one long ago and it was bliss..Looking forward to it.

Good to hear from you Grace. You popped into my head occasionally during the worst of things and I am glad to know that you are doing ok.

Thank you so very much. I am fine. Less mobile but that is fine too, Actually I am in the safest place in Ireland! They quarantined the islands as soon as covid started. And I am at least 40 miles from the nearest cases. And then there is the ocean...I stay home and am content with that. Knitting. chatting, gardening...my cats, all six of them.. And my weblog etc.

This thread gives me hope after some of the others. All of you coping so well with so much. And the community response. Humbles.

Stay safe! Stay well! Stay strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Have had a delivery every week since March, I book them in with a single item then meal plan and update it the evening before delivery.

At about normal levels of subs/missing items the last few months.

Only awkward thing lately is that they won't come to my apartment door anymore, I have to go down to the foyer to get everything, or they'll send it up the lift. Slight pain in the ass, but apparently the lift up and extra 3m to my apartment door are super dangerous 🙄

Yep, I book with my usuals and then meal-plan too and amend the day before delivery. I found it hard at the start and we definitely ran out of things but I got used to it and we don't supplement the weekly shop anymore. However, I do buy all meat in the Butchers.

nothing wrote: »
    At about normal levels of subs/missing items the last few months.

I do click and collect and things have been balancing out for me... some weeks random small items are missing (and I've been charged) and other weeks I will get 3 of an item even though I ordered and was charged for 2.

I do deliveries for ages. Don't think there was ever missing anything from my list. Only once I got lucky and got extra crate with someone else's shopping. Called the driver to pick it up. No issues with expiration dates either yet. Overall I'm happy, grocery shopping drive me nuts if I have to go myself :D

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Overall I'm happy, grocery shopping drive me nuts if I have to go myself :D

I miss some parts of shopping - variety of new things.
    With online orders fall into a bit of a pattern.

On the other hand, in the time it would have taken me to find a parking spot, trolley, take the escalator to the entrance of the supermarket within the shopping centre... I've rolled into the click & collect and put everything into the boot and am ready to drive on home.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I miss some parts of shopping - variety of new things.
    With online orders fall into a bit of a pattern.

On the other hand, in the time it would have taken me to find a parking spot, trolley, take the escalator to the entrance of the supermarket within the shopping centre... I've rolled into the click & collect and put everything into the boot and am ready to drive on home.

I miss raiding the reduced counters!

" If you ordered dog food that they don't replace it with cat food as has occurred many times, "

Lightbulb moment! That has happened to me and I thought the picker/packer at my local small SV had just had a senior moment! So after that I list it as " catfood wrapped in blue. " ( the SV dogfood is wrapped in orange! The 12 packs)

Maybe they were just out of stock!! ( six cats and no dog)

It gets used very very slowly and gradually. Or stored against emergencies.

Learning so much from this thread! Thank you.. off to finish my list now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Shovel70

I am currently on restricted movements and tried all day Sunday to order online from Tescos but I also had the problem with authentication of both my cards...kept getting error messages...so consequently did big shop in Aldi instead. Customer service no help...(just to add, I am back from holiday in Crete which has less Covid than Dublin so not much risk, and shopping is allowed if online is not available...)

• Advertisement

Anyone ever figure out a way to see listing of new products?

The UK site has this but I don't see any Irish equivalent:
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/buylists/new-ranges/frozen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I am using the shopping list feature for deliveries. Its really handy, as you can have all your usual stuff added very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

wes wrote: »
    I am using the shopping list feature for deliveries. Its really handy, as you can have all your usual stuff added very quickly.

What's that? Is it on full site as opposed to mobile. Does my head in having to add each item individually to basket each week, even though we get pretty much the same shop.

seefin wrote: »
    What's that? Is it on full site as opposed to mobile. Does my head in having to add each item individually to basket each week, even though we get pretty much the same shop.

I do it by email to SV; so I simply use last week;s list and alter.. Just working on that now. ALWAYS remember something I need when I have pressed SEND!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I do it by email to SV; so I simply use last week;s list and alter.. Just working on that now. ALWAYS remember something I need when I have pressed SEND!

But it's Tesco we're talking about. ;)

We just could never get a delivery slot from Tesco in recent months and gave up trying eventually.

On the desktop site I see a Favourites option.
    I can select to Add all to my current shop, OR tick multiple products to add at same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

odyssey06 wrote: »
    On the desktop site I see a Favourites option.
    I can select to Add all to my current shop, OR tick multiple products to add at same time.

Ive been using mobile site . All these years! Excellent, will do on my laptop from now on- thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yeah, its on the full site. I never use the mobile one.

Just go here after you login:
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/favourites/default.aspx

and it is one of the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Do the drivers that deliver to you wear masks?

We are very high risk and this is mentioned in the notes we leave on the order and maybe once or twice during the pandemic drivers have worn masks but even when not wearing masks the majority of the drivers stand well back after leaving the food down. This morning the driver left the delivery between our door and him but he did not seem to stand back and he was unmasked. I am kicking myself now for not saying something.

I assumed the driver would stand back so I answered the door not wearing one but I will not make the same mistake again.

I know the drivers are outside but they also can it seems come close to a lot of customers and we are in a second wave. Tesco should be instructing their drivers to wear masks when delivering food, if the the drivers do not like it they should find another job.

• Advertisement

Does your delivery driver wear a mask?

We are very high risk and this is mentioned in the notes we leave on the order and maybe once or twice during the pandemic drivers have worn masks but even when not wearing masks the majority of the drivers stand well back after leaving the food down. This morning the driver left the delivery between our door and him but he did not seem to stand back and he was unmasked. I am kicking myself now for not saying something.

I assumed the driver would stand back so I answered the door not wearing one but I will not make the same mistake again.

I know the drivers are outside but they also can it seems come close to a lot of customers and we are in a second wave. Tesco should be instructing their drivers to wear masks when delivering food, if the the drivers do not like it they should find another job.

For the last few weeks, the Drivers have been wearing masks. Before that especially over the Summer, it was sporadic.
    But they always stand well back from the front door. Some even go and wait at the van after they have put the crates at the door.
    In fairness, I have found Tesco Customer Service on the phone to be very good anytime I have had to phone.

Advertisement