Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermarkets - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I just tried to order from SuperValu and there's no delivery slots available in March or April. :(

Tesco first slot available is 1st April.

I guess I'll have to just go.

What's the story with taxis, are they still operating?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CymbaltaMan

Hopefully they dont start giving out numbers and times that we can all attend if we need something!

We the new laws it could swing to military intervention at shops

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Stretch1432

Lidl from 17 th March are prioritising shopping from9 - 11 for elderly people . Does that mean anyone can go shop from 8 -9

• Registered Users Posts: 81,304 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

In Lidl yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

whats aldi,s times ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yep few taxis outside shopping centre when I was out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭chicorytip

whatever99 wrote: »
    I just got a SuperValu delivery. They were inside big plastic bags, huge ones, inside the crates. The delivery guy just left the crates on the front step and I took the bags out. Of course, I’m now paranoid that the items themselves could be contaminated, but I’m not about to start wiping a bag of porridge or a banana...am I??!! I think everything I ordered is there. Got meat, eggs, bread, flour, chicken, and other things I’ve heard people saying were gone in other shops. I placed the order last Sunday, today was the first slot I could get. Tried to place a tesco order the same day and the earliest slot they had was next Tuesday.
    Did you have to pay a delivery fee? I know, of course, you have to pay under normal circumstances but was wondering if they were prepared to waive a charge at the present time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,507 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Of course there is delivery fee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

SusanC10 wrote: »
    I haven't left our place in a week.

We are expecting a Tesco Delivery tomorrow. Just got an Email saying that they will no longer provide substitutes for items except for essentials like Milk, Bread etc.

Has anyone got a Tesco Delivery in the past few days ? If so, were most of the items there or missing?

Thanks.

My brother got one yesterday from Tesco. No hand soap, toilet roll, bread, milk or eggs in his shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭thomas 123

My brother got one yesterday from Tesco. No hand soap, toilet roll, bread, milk or eggs in his shopping.

I got it a week ago and got the same email. They are saying no shortages but half the site is out of stock. They should be at least trying to substitute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

chicorytip wrote: »
    Did you have to pay a delivery fee? I know, of course, you have to pay under normal circumstances but was wondering if they were prepared to waive a charge at the present time.

Yes, delivery fee included. Think it was €7.

I got it a week ago and got the same email. They are saying no shortages but half the site is out of stock. They should be at least trying to substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

thomas 123 wrote: »

Not sure why they had none of those items. Was in store on Wednesday and there was plenty of all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

odyssey06 wrote: »
    There was a bird flu outbreak in the border region - could be affecting chicken and eggs getting onto the shelves.

Well if humans can catch birdflu.....maybe the chickens all caught human flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Just a quick question.A lot of staff in shops are wearing gloves, is there more chance of me picking up something of them as they are touching my shopping, Its just not that long ago when some shop staff would have gloves on all day and while serving food and handling money aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Popped to tesco and dunnes today, there was nothing I couldnt get. Local fruit and Veg stores still have produce.
    The isles were a little busy with crates ready to re stock but they were stocked.
    Flour, eggs and baking ingredients were really low.

Last week the biscuit isle had been ransacked.

Lots of fresh fruit and veg which is what we should all be eating anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

jrosen wrote: »
    Popped to tesco and dunnes today, there was nothing I couldnt get. Local fruit and Veg stores still have produce.
    The isles were a little busy with crates ready to re stock but they were stocked.
    Flour, eggs and baking ingredients were really low.

Last week the biscuit isle had been ransacked.

Lots of fresh fruit and veg which is what we should all be eating anyway.
    Same in Ennis, though Dunnes better stocked. Tesco were always slow to re stock.

The only thing that will cause shortages, is panic.
    The giant warehouses around the airport etc, have enough stock for months. All supply chains are in operation. Production is another matter, but most food producers plan months ahead. So, unless the world actually ends, we're grand.

Still, people does be crazy....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Saw a new Lidl tv ad earlier that had the tagline 'You look after yourselves and we'll look after the shelves' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I just nipped into Tesco and Aldi tonight for a moment.
    Fairly well stocked.
    Some customer quotas. A few meat items missing in Tesco but they may have being an issue with a fridge. Biscuits were sold out tough. They only have the branded ones. Aldi was fine. Loads of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Was in Tesco Liffey valley tonight.
    Lots of things gone very little in the way of tins and biscuits bizarrely.
    Pretty much stocked up with enough food for about 4 weeks if needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I have a Tesco click and collect order to pick up tomorrow morning in Naas - they have slots available from Wednesday of next week, for those looking?

Also they had fresh chicken back in stock, or at least, I have it in my trolley and they're not saying its unavailable online (though it could be different when I go to collect the order).

appledrop wrote: »
    I'm just back from Super Valu + not a bother they had everything stocked up.

Nice to hear that- let’s hope such posts keep the mad hoarders from the stores

Nice to hear that- let’s hope such posts keep the mad hoarders from the stores

You know the way people take pictures of the empty shelves? Well I might start taking pictures of the well stocked shelves to calm those hoarders down!

You know the way people take pictures of the empty shelves? Well I might start taking pictures of the well stocked shelves to calm those hoarders down!

Need a lot of pics- bad news travels faster than good news :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I was in SuperValu this evening. Shelves fully stocked.
    The people working there keep saying Panic Thursday (March 12th) was worse than any Christmas Eve. They said it was quite scary.
    Stockpiling is selfish and pointless folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I cant believe the list of missing shopping items you have listed! I haven't a clue where your based but Super Valu + Dunnes in Pavillions have every single missing item you listed. Maybe its just the German supermarkets that are that badly stocked at the moment.

Dunnes in the Pavillions is shut as of today as are all ither retail shops there bar Boots where I know someone who works there.. My ‘local’ Lidl, Aldi, the BIG Tesco and my local Supervalue had none of these when I spent a day driving between them thou I eventually got the museli and coffee having qued an hour in a carpark to get into a second Aldi shop. I’ll be bulk stocking up next week - at the rate people are bejng told they’re beinv laid off I win’t be expecting packers, or factory workers, or printers or box makers to keep producing and risking infection for a minimum wage job.

I was in SuperValu this evening. Shelves fully stocked.
    The people working there keep saying Panic Thursday (March 12th) was worse than any Christmas Eve. They said it was quite scary.
    Stockpiling is selfish and pointless folks.

Yeah- just like phone wreckers- idiots! We need Geldof on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

if you are in a high risk category bulk shopping make 100% sense.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Not sure why they had none of those items. Was in store on Wednesday and there was plenty of all of them.

Yeah, your telling me.

It’s annoying because some things that flag as in stock on the website don’t come either.

• Advertisement

The food section in Dunnes Pavillions is not closed I was just there this evening. That's scaremonging. No supermarket will close in this crisis.

Advertisement