Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seems it will be short story. Maybe the whole book will be short stories or they have the main story then backup stories. The artist works on Chew, so guessing it'll be a fun story since don't think that style would suit the more serious stuff.

Yeah I'd say it's a back up story, which would usually be given to an up and coming writer who had worked hard and not some big name coming in for one pay day....hmmmm. I could get a lot of mileage out of this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The female Thor is revealed as AJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Thor gets mad because he isn't being giving main event...I mean command status of the Asgardian army and so he walks out. The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I wonder would CM Punk ever put himself out there for a part in one of their movies, any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Uatu? The Tattooed Man? Or since he pretty much wanted his spot before, Drax?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I guess my Devitt-Regal match isn't happening:
    Credit: PWInsider.com

I attended William Regal’s One Man Show here in Liverpool after last night’s Raw taping and during the show, he mentioned he underwent level three neck fusion surgery a few months ago. Robby Brookside was at the show, as was local English wrestler Frankie Sloan.

Devitt & Kenta to dethrone the Rhodes brothers please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Speaking of Devitt this Friday is his first NXT meet and greet. Expect it to be jammers and lots of silly pictures. He's joined by Bayley and Baron Corbin. Some trio. Last week it was Becky and the Vaudevillians:

B1-BV7jIUAIOo1g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Smackdown spoiler
    Vince had to come out and cut a promo on the crowd to try and stop them chanting where is our Network

AJ Lee's website launched today. Using her married name.

http://aj-brooks.com/

• Advertisement

Seems kinda pointless?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭cena

AJ Lee's website launched today. Using her married name.

http://aj-brooks.com/

Not working for me

cena wrote: »
    Not working for me

Looks like its down.

It was up when I posted it.

Fixed link should be working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,038 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rovert wrote: »
    CM Punk & Marvel

^ Looks very like John Hamm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

cena wrote: »
    Not working for me

Ditto. ERROR 500 - INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sounds like her website decided it didn't feel like working and quit.

:pac::pac:

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the new robert rodriguez/AAA backed lucha underground off to an extremely slow start in the states with just 8,000 viewers in the 18-49 demo for its debut on the El Rey network

the company have spent a ton of money on the show (about $700,000 to tape each episode) plus have done loads of advertising

Episode 2 of Lucha Underground drew 29,000 viewers for it’s premiere airing.
    In the adults 18-49 demographic, the show drew 21,000 viewers, which is up 163% from the 8,000 viewers the show scores in the demographic last week

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This is weird viewers are broken down into demographics. An overall figure works just fine!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    This is weird viewers are broken down into demographics. An overall figure works just fine!

You could have the great show ever made and if it doesn't draw 18-49 demographics it gets cancelled. That is the age range that is supposed to have disposable income and the age range tv ads are aimed at.

An example is the tv show Longmire it had the biggest ratings of any show on A&E but the audience was older than 18-49 so it was cancelled as it wasn't bring in strong ad money.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Cheeseofdeath

Is the guy who managed to get the satellite feeds of Raw and SD from the England tapings back in May not around this time?

• Advertisement

Is the guy who managed to get the satellite feeds of Raw and SD from the England tapings back in May not around this time?

The dodgy site that streamed it is still up afaik. Don't know if they're still stealing the satellite feed. It think their videos is up on Dailymotion.

Some guy was broadcasting the shows as they were being taped live? Well that sounds sweet.

Some guy was broadcasting the shows as they were being taped live? Well that sounds sweet.
    Picked up production audio and commentators during ad breaks

Oh yeah, the week where SmackDown featured Michael Cole talking back to Vince at some points?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

You could have the great show ever made and if it doesn't draw 18-49 demographics it gets cancelled. That is the age range that is supposed to have disposable income and the age range tv ads are aimed at.

An example is the tv show Longmire it had the biggest ratings of any show on A&E but the audience was older than 18-49 so it was cancelled as it wasn't bring in strong ad money.
    I feel like I'm constantly telling Irish fans of American TV shows that total viewers don't mean much. It's all about the 18-49 rating.

What?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What?
    Firefly was a great show, has a bit of a cult following, had a few million viewers, and got cancelled in its first season. Just didn't get the right demographic I guess.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Angron wrote: »
    Firefly was a great show, has a bit of a cult following, had a few million viewers, and got cancelled in its first season. Just didn't get the right demographic I guess.

and when first aired it was shown out of sequence and it wasn't given a permanent timeslot. I think it started on a thursday at 9 then moved day and time within 2 episodes and again before they ended it.... a complete mess I miss it still :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

What?
    A show with 10 million viewers, with a 1.0 18-49 rating will get cancelled.

A show with 5 million viewers, with a 2.0 18-49 rating will get renewed.

Exact numbers needed to get renewed or cancelled depends on what network the show airs on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nine years ago today Eddie Guerrero died. I can't believe that was nine years ago. I just happened to go online that sunday night and there it was. That tribute show was awful to watch aswell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement