Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

anyone who is trying to defend her is only doing it because she's a roide

i'd let her away with murder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I don't get it... what's offensive exactly, is it:

a) Dressing as an Native American Indian

b) Dressing as an Native American Indian and adding zombie make-up

c) Wearing a 'sacred' headress without 'permission'

If I dress as Michael Jackson a la Thriller (a dead black man) am I denigrating slavery? The reaction to this seems waaayy over the top to me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

WHAT WOULD TATANKA THINK!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

You can't get a real police badge without becoming a police officer. Don't see an outcry of offence when someone dresses up as a cop for a party.

Or dresses up as a cop for a strip tease.

This has become After Hours. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

DM_7 wrote: »
    WHAT WOULD TATANKA THINK!!!!!

Ask Kerwin White

• Advertisement

Cultural appropriation you guyz.

PWInsider:
    Kevin Steen began filming promos and vignettes at the WWE Performance Center yesterday to build to his WWE NXT debut as Kevin Owens.

Steen will debut at the 12/11 December NXT special on the WWE Network or the NXT TV taping on 12/12. Both events are set for Full Sail Live in Winter Park, Florida.

https://twitter.com/FightSteenFight/status/529390003772985344

YKl4ykI.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's the biggest night in the history of our great sport, can you believe he's been gone for over a week and in his absense the rating went up? The biggest draw in the history of our great sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the new robert rodriguez/AAA backed lucha underground off to an extremely slow start in the states with just 8,000 viewers in the 18-49 demo for its debut on the El Rey network

the company have spent a ton of money on the show (about $700,000 to tape each episode) plus have done loads of advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the new robert rodriguez/AAA backed lucha underground off to an extremely slow start in the states with just 8,000 viewers in the 18-49 demo for its debut on the El Rey network

the company have spent a ton of money on the show (about $700,000 to tape each episode) plus have done loads of advertising

That is the second highest ratings in the Networks history just to put it into perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I enjoyed the first episode. Thought it has a nice simple lay out. I like Matt Striker on commentary. The most interesting part of the first ep was Sexy Stars video package( Hate the name sexy star though), I've never seen anyone mention suicide in a wrestling promo before.

I like it.

Also the Morrison v Puma match was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I enjoyed the first episode. Thought it has a nice simple lay out. I like Matt Striker on commentary. The most interesting part of the first ep was Sexy Stars video package( Hate the name sexy star though), I've never seen anyone mention suicide in a wrestling promo before.

I like it.

Also the Morrison v Puma match was fantastic.

Good to know JoMo can still go.

Hope he can cut a promo these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Good to know JoMo can still go.

Hope he can cut a promo these days.

Can't remember him actually doing a promo at all. They just used shots of him working out. I listened to Jericho's podcast with him. Seems like a nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

rossie1977 wrote: »

And people thought it would challenge for the number two spot in the states. Fact of the matter is that Lucha is a very niche market so it won't get a whole lot better than that, especially considering how much they out into advertising it before hand. Unless their is a drastic rise in viewership figures, they will be lucky to get a second set of tapings considering the cost. To put it in perspective, that's over $2 million for an episode of Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

It's been announced that NXT, shows and specials, will be moving to Wednesdays by January 14th. Superstars still TBD.

As he recovers from hernia surgery, Roman Reigns is taking acting lessons from Howard Fine, who was once recognized as "Best Acting Teacher in Los Angeles" by Back Stage magazine. Fine wrote this on Twitter today:

"Coaching WWE Superstar Roman Reigns."

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported in July that Fine was working with NXT talent at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

During his 30-year teaching career, Howard has personally coached Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Mohammed Hassan, Stacy Keibler, Diamond Dallas Page, Lindsay Lohan, Brad Pitt, Justin Timberlake, Salma Hayek, Sasha Cohen, Jennifer Connelly, Michelle Kwan, Rosanna Arquette, Tara Reid, Amanda Byrnes, Vanessa Hudgens, Ray Parker Jr., Gerard Butler, Linda Gray, Darryl Hannah, Diana Ross, Mike Tyson, Julia Roberts, Lou Ferrigno, Carl Lewis, Val Kilmer, Brooke Shields, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith.

Called it.

Thats good news about Reigns. I like him, he looks the part, can get attention and probably does just need to be more engaging when speaking. They need him to do well/

• Advertisement

Yup

B13IebjCYAAOG57.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

rovert wrote: »
    Yup

B13IebjCYAAOG57.png
    Jesus, the poor Big Guy. Being fed to Cena this early!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Jesus, the poor Big Guy. Being fed to Cena this early!

Its part of the Team Cena v Team Authority storyline no doubt, make an issue between them so Ryback doesn't join Cena or something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

DM_7 wrote: »
    Its part of the Team Cena v Team Authority storyline no doubt, make an issue between them so Ryback doesn't join Cena or something similar
    But still, Ryback has been getting more and more chants since he came back. The thing I hope happens is that Rollins and a few others from Team Authority come down to try and beat on Cena and Ryback makes the save. Makes Cena look strong and gives Ryback a huge boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I love the big guy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    But still, Ryback has been getting more and more chants since he came back. The thing I hope happens is that Rollins and a few others from Team Authority come down to try and beat on Cena and Ryback makes the save. Makes Cena look strong and gives Ryback a huge boost.

Guessing so. Have The Authority tempting Ryback all night, they try to help him beat Cena and then he joins Cena's team.

Also think it's smart in terms of crowd reactions; Cena will be booed heavily in Smarky-Auld London so Ryback will get massive cheers facing him, making him seem even bigger...

No one probably watches WWE Superstars :P

So check this out from this week:

Who needs Barbershop Windows

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Daniel Bryan injury update
    http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_81682.shtml#.VF4Y1PmsX5w
    The funny thing is I actually feel fine. There isn't a problem with pain or anything like that goes. The problem is weakness. Before my neck surgery and then even after, I have a lot of weakness in my right hand," Bryan told SI.com host Maggie Gray.

"It's dangerous for my opponents and dangerous for me to not have the strength. But, I'm not in a lot of pain; we just can't figure out how to get the strength back."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

we just can't figure out how to get the strength back.

That's a worrying line.

• Advertisement

Zack Ryder is not on WWE's current tour of Europe and wrote the following on Twitter this morning:

"Sorry to my European Zack Pack...won't be making the tour this year...I'll let you know why in a few days when I have definite news."

It's seemed inevitable for a long time now. He should have walked a long time ago imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement