Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knightsgate, Rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 omgsorcha

lucanbound wrote: »
    Hi all

Does anyone know what the ditch underneath the bridge between the Avenue and Green is meant for ?

Looks like it might be a waterway....I could be wrong.

There is a stream there, it is tiny but the builders told me they had to make the drainage and chanel so big for it as the FCC are worried if a '100 year storm' ever came it would cause flooding. It also has an outflow into the big dip at the front of the estate. We has some bad rain recently and it was still like a trickly so I think we are grand !

Eggy 30 wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anybody heard anymore from Fingal County Council in regards to the gardens? I submitted my complaint about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back.

I have, they issued a Warning Letter pursuant to Section 152 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 on 7th and again on 31st July. I wrote to them to tell them the resposnes I have from Glenveagh clearly showing they are ignoring this. However I wonder if this is why they have started work on the playground which they said would not happen until September or October.

lucanbound wrote: »
    We’re buying a house on the avenue, a bit strange to allocate the green, walk and sole avenue homes to social housing in excess of the 10% threshold.

How have you found the estate so far ?

Rush is a lovely spot but I wonder if it’s the case of them not being able to get enough private buyers or is this Glenveagh’s MO ?
    There was a waiting list for houses, so it wasn't a problem with finding buyers, I imagine a one or two bulk sales are far more convenient than many private sales.

The coucil are buying up everything at the moment. Builders told us far more of the Glenveagh houses in Navan, Donabate and Balbriggan went to the council than Rush. A friend in the council backed this up. The estate on the ring road in Lusk was the last social housing estate build in Fingal, now all estates have to be mixed. I was told a massive amount of the Forge in Lusk was also purchased. The 10% is a min there is no max, they can buy whatever they agree with the builder.

The estate is lovely, people are very friedly and helpful and we have had no problems, really like it here.

paddy.81 wrote: »
    Hi. We are hoping to move into Knightsgate Avenue 4 bed. Would anyone be able to tell us what the floor measurements are so we have an idea of costing floors. Have only seen the show house won’t get in to see our new house for a few more weeks.
    Also is there an update on broadband yet?
    Finally can anyone recommend a snagger.
    Thank you!
    Couldn't recommend our snagger, he missed loads. He was more focused on paint work and scuffs than actual problems. Make sure your flashing on the back of the house, over the kitchen extension, is attached properly and not slipping. That was a big one he missed. They fixed ours but can see they didn't do it on all the houses. It will cause leaks in the kitchen. Also our floors upstairs and downstairs had to be levelled, another big thing he missed. Held us up from putting our floors in as we had to plane the ones upstairs and grind the ones downstairs.

Not accounting for wastage 4 bed measurments are:

Utility - 3.3m2
    Sitting Room - 16.69m2
    Hallway - 8.62m2
    Kitchen - 20.48m2 + behind island 2.28m2

First Floor - 37.49m2

Master and landing - 23.56m2

Shop around, we went to loads of places and got prices for the same flooring that varied in the €1000's. Matt Britton say they do a Glenveagh discount, but they were 1000's more than everywhere else we went to for same standard. Sneaking in loads of extras and the wrong VAT rate, they just stood out for us in a bad way on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

omgsorcha wrote: »
    Walls - Armstead Trade 75 mix to match Farrow & Ball 'Cornforth White' - vinyl matt

Ceilings - Armstead Trade White, vinyl matt

Interior wood - Armstead Trade Satin, Brilliant White

Doors - Armstead Trade Satin, Brilliant White

Front Door - Grey 7015

External render - Johnstone, Ral 1013, Perlweiss

I owe you a pint for that, been getting nowhere with Glenveagh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

omgsorcha wrote: »
    Walls - Armstead Trade 75 mix to match Farrow & Ball 'Cornforth White' - vinyl matt

Ceilings - Armstead Trade White, vinyl matt

Interior wood - Armstead Trade Satin, Brilliant White

Doors - Armstead Trade Satin, Brilliant White

Front Door - Grey 7015

External render - Johnstone, Ral 1013, Perlweiss

You rock!! Thanks for this

• Registered Users Posts: 6 solvendy

Hey folks, anyone have any notion as to what the issue is with the road between the estate and Tesco. I saw a confrontation unfold with someone and the builder and now they have fully locked the gates (where you can't even walk through anymore) and have started digging up the concrete on the path as well as cut down the fence. It's been well over a year now since it's gone in so it's a bit concerning that it's taking this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

solvendy wrote: »
    Hey folks, anyone have any notion as to what the issue is with the road between the estate and Tesco. I saw a confrontation unfold with someone and the builder and now they have fully locked the gates (where you can't even walk through anymore) and have started digging up the concrete on the path as well as cut down the fence. It's been well over a year now since it's gone in so it's a bit concerning that it's taking this long.

I heard a rumour that there's a dispute with the person who's garden backs onto it, hence the cctv camera

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Freddie Mercury

Anyone know what the law is about drones flying over your house, had one flying low over the garden today and its not the first time its happened in the past few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Anyone know what the law is about drones flying over your house, had one flying low over the garden today and its not the first time its happened in the past few weeks?

Have seen this a good bit too. I'm no expert, but pretty sure it's not allowed over private gardens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Freddie Mercury

Have seen this a good bit too. I'm no expert, but pretty sure it's not allowed over private gardens.

Yeh that is what I was thinking alright, I have just noticed its getting very common lately & I have also read that dog nappers are using them too to look into peoples gardens. I wonder if there is anywhere to report/find out more info about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MichelleMF

Hey guys, we are hopefully putting down a deposit on a house on the avenue tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had concerns about the waterway that runs behind the houses? Did anyone mention it to the builders? I just want to make sure the foundations aren't at risk or anything. Estate agent said it's fine but just a bit worried about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 theknightbg

Hey, we managed to snatch the last remaining house I think.

I found all posts here very informative.

Could anyone recommend good flooring, blinds and bathroom people.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Laurendon

Thank you.

Sam rod blinds we found really good

Thank you.

We found East Coast good for blinds, cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lucanbound

Hi guys

How long after signing contracts did you get a call to snag from Glenveagh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Before I go taking them off the wall and messing up the paint has anyone opened up the blank face plates in the sitting room/kitchen/master bedroom?

Is there ducting behind them to run cables through?

Before I go taking them off the wall and messing up the paint has anyone opened up the blank face plates in the sitting room/kitchen/master bedroom?

Some of them seem to have a cable (not all) to one of the outside Eir boxes.

Ah pity, was hoping I could pass ethernet cables through them

Ah pity, was hoping I could pass ethernet cables through them

Yeah it's a bit crap unfortunately, I was thinking the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭unklefiction

How did you find the company for dealing with? Did the sale and closure happen quickly for those that were ready fast?

We have been waiting weeks now for contracts to be returned even though we have explained the requirements to be in quickly. Everything on our side has been completed for months and snag is signed off on.

How did you find the company for dealing with? Did the sale and closure happen quickly for those that were ready fast?

We have been waiting weeks now for contracts to be returned even though we have explained the requirements to be in quickly. Everything on our side has been completed for months and snag is signed off on.

For us it seems likes ages ago now, but I think once snag was signed off things were fast. All the delays had been up to getting the snag signed off, not after.
    We also had been onto Glenveagh to get in soon as we needed to be out of our old property and they were good.

EDIT - just checked and it was about 1mth from snag to getting the keys

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭unklefiction

For us it seems likes ages ago now, but I think once snag was signed off things were fast. All the delays had been up to getting the snag signed off, not after.
    We also had been onto Glenveagh to get in soon as we needed to be out of our old property and they were good.

EDIT - just checked and it was about 1mth from snag to getting the keys

Thanks I think we have gotten things moving again seems to have been technological issues on one or both sides communications had not been received which has put us several weeks behind. 🀞Keys soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

So all the cables ran are sealed up for fireproofing. I have ran Cat6 around the house via the utility room into the living room and up the wall into the bedroom and attic.

Not too bad a job

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

60 90 minutes to Dublin 55 minutes m50
    Has some anti social. Behavior
    About 10 house sold in rush July August about 295.000

So all the cables ran are sealed up for fireproofing. I have ran Cat6 around the house via the utility room into the living room and up the wall into the bedroom and attic.

Not too bad a job

As in you ran fresh cables yourself or you used the original ducting? Sorry I'm just clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

As in you ran fresh cables yourself or you used the original ducting? Sorry I'm just clueless

Ran fresh cables as there is no ducting unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Laurendon

Could anyone recommend someone to fit a shower door please . Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

Can anyone recommend a plumber in Rush. If so could you please PM me.

• Advertisement

Thank you.

Brooks for floors. Be wary of all the sales people who target new estates. A blind company from swords Samrod I think, pushed their way into my house one day and wouldn’t leave. Gave me a fright.

Advertisement