Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knightsgate, Rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

We've had ours done, reseeding won't work according to the guys we had out. Soil is woeful and you won't get proper growth on it

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

We've had ours done, reseeding won't work according to the guys we had out. Soil is woeful and you won't get proper growth on it

Yeah, thought as much. Did you get artificial or rolled sods? I briefly looked into rolled sods but seems to be a bit of work involved, in terms of levelling the ground, etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Seems to be the same across a lot of new builds, soil is rubbish.

I'm thinking artificial grass, might have to wait until next year though, kitting out an empty house gets pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Laurendon

Has anyone got broadband in yet ? What provide has people gone with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Laurendon wrote: »

Has anyone got broadband in yet ? What provide has people gone with ?

We tried a few different things and a 3 SIM has actually been great for us. Signed up to their monthly sim only unlimited plan - only a 30 day contract - and bought a router on Amazon for about 100. The router is upstairs at a window and works great throughout the house for work, streaming etc.

Really unless 3 takes a serious dive in quality I would not use Eir. 3 has gone down to a very slow connection a few times since lockdown when they were doing maintenance, but it was still enough to get by for work. Friends and family have had absolute nightmares with Eir though. So will hold out as long as possible until someone else comes on the scene.

• Advertisement

thanks for this .

So at the moment Eir is the only actually provider of broadband to the house ? If cables have been set up can we not use Virgin or Sky as provider of broadband?

As far as I understand it you can use anyone apart from Virgin who have their own cabling infastructure.

As far as I understand it you can use anyone apart from Virgin who have their own cabling infastructure.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Yep, it's Eir ftth, so anybody who resells that (including Sky)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

Seriously, power tools grinding away at near 10pm on a Friday night. Our young child has woken twice now. Not cool!!!

• Advertisement

has anyone signed up to any provider of Broadband yet ? We have priced Sky but when I look on Eir's website and search with the postcode it still says broadband is not available. We are using a router with a Three sim card but have found it really a slow and dropping the last few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eggy 30

Hi,

Has anybody got broadband installed yet? I have contacted some of resellers and they are saying the cables currently in our houses are only for Fibre to the Cabinet and they would have to install Fibre to the Home at an additional cost.

Just wondering was this the same case for anybody else that's already had it installed or was talking to any of the resellers.

Eggy 30 wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anybody got broadband installed yet? I have contacted some of resellers and they are saying the cables currently in our houses are only for Fibre to the Cabinet and they would have to install Fibre to the Home at an additional cost.

Just wondering was this the same case for anybody else that's already had it installed or was talking to any of the resellers.

We got Eir installed yesterday along with 3 other houses in the Crescent. Did a speed test and getting 122.3mbps download and 28.2mbps upload on their 150meg offer. Don't know ourselves now with fast broadband at last.

gawoo1012 wrote: »
    We got Eir installed yesterday along with 3 other houses in the Crescent. Did a speed test and getting 122.3mbps download and 28.2mbps upload on their 150meg offer. Don't know ourselves now with fast broadband at last.

Great stuff, that's very good compared to what I'm getting currently on the 3 modem, only getting about 2mbps today, which is a disaster working from home.

Do you know did they have to install new cables to reach them speeds or were they able to use the cables already there? They've told me over the phone they would have to install new cables to get over 100mbps

Great stuff, that's very good compared to what I'm getting currently on the 3 modem, only getting about 2mbps today, which is a disaster working from home.

Do you know did they have to install new cables to reach them speeds or were they able to use the cables already there? They've told me over the phone they would have to install new cables to get over 100mbps

there was nothing outside of standard to hook us up. the estate is all set up for connection. he was in/out in about 40mins

• Registered Users Posts: 6 solvendy

Anyone know any decent people to lay a patio?

gawoo1012 wrote: »
    there was nothing outside of standard to hook us up. the estate is all set up for connection. he was in/out in about 40mins

Great stuff, I'll get onto them so. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 26 omgsorcha

Hey everyone,

Good news, An Bord Pleanála refused to grant permmission for aparments to be built on the site for the creche in the estate.

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/306268.htm

Fingal County Council

Permission for 4 no. duplex apartments and all associated site works

Case reference: PL06F.306268

Case type: Planning Appeal

Decision: Refuse Permission

Date Signed: 08/06/2020

Parties
    Glenveagh Homes Limited (Applicant)
    Glenveagh Homes Limited (1st Party Appellant) (Active)
    History
    08/06/2020: Refuse Permission
    23/12/2019: Lodged
    Documents
    Inspectors report (306/R306268.pdf, PDF format 353kB)
    Order (306/D306268.pdf, PDF format 88kB)
    Direction (306/S306268.pdf, PDF format 115kB)

Has anyone been in touch with Fingal County Council enforment department about the back gardens?

In the planning documents for the estate from FCC & An Bord Pleanála all the garden walls are to be rendered on both sides as a planning condition (ie the walls in the back gardens should be rendered) and wood fencing was not to be used only block walls on all sides. When we put rendering on the garden walls on the snag we were fobbed off so going to contact the council. Just wondering if anyone else has done this already? Also lists things like the railing on the avenue shoudl sit on top of a low wall.

Here are just two of the documents stating it as a planning condition under planning F15A/0294 & F16A/0221 and it wasn't changed in F18A/0256

No but let us know how you get on, getting them to render the backwall would be handy

• Advertisement

Would anyone have a recommendation for someone to fit shower doors please . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Frank Grimes433

Hi there,

I’m looking at houses in station road Lusk and Knightsgate in Rush. I’ve heard there is social housing mixed with the private houses in Lusk station quarter but not sure about Knightsgate. How is everyone finding the estate? Is just the standard 10% social housing with new builds and has anyone noticed any unruly behaviour?

Many thanks

Not sure if it was the standard 10% or if more went that way but certainly haven't noticed any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Hi there,

I’m looking at houses in station road Lusk and Knightsgate in Rush. I’ve heard there is social housing mixed with the private houses in Lusk station quarter but not sure about Knightsgate. How is everyone finding the estate? Is just the standard 10% social housing with new builds and has anyone noticed any unruly behaviour?

Many thanks

Same here. Haven't seen any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lucanbound

omgsorcha wrote: »
    Has anyone been in touch with Fingal County Council enforment department about the back gardens?

In the planning documents for the estate from FCC & An Bord Pleanála all the garden walls are to be rendered on both sides as a planning condition (ie the walls in the back gardens should be rendered) and wood fencing was not to be used only block walls on all sides. When we put rendering on the garden walls on the snag we were fobbed off so going to contact the council. Just wondering if anyone else has done this already? Also lists things like the railing on the avenue shoudl sit on top of a low wall.

Here are just two of the documents stating it as a planning condition under planning F15A/0294 & F16A/0221 and it wasn't changed in F18A/0256

I saw this in the planning document as well but looks like they even used timber fencing for the show house garden. Did you hear anything back from them ?

Wasn't aware of this and I've been pricing people to render the back wall and it's not cheap. I contacted Glenveagh and below is what they have said:

"The walls will not be changed and this will be rectified in our architects final compliance Cert for the overall development planning once complete"

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lucanbound

Wasn't aware of this and I've been pricing people to render the back wall and it's not cheap. I contacted Glenveagh and below is what they have said:

"The walls will not be changed and this will be rectified in our architects final compliance Cert for the overall development planning once complete"

Disgraceful behaviour. I find it dishonest for them to claim one thing in the planning docs then alter the final plan completely just like they tried to do with the creche by using that land for apartment blocks instead.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to update you on the garden walls. I wrote to the enforcement department in Fingal County Council. They have looked at it and wrote to me to tell me they have issued a 'Warning Letter puruant to Section 152 of the Planning and Development Act 2000" to Glenveagh for not complying with planning conditions.

The council said they issed this letter last week on 7th July. However Jennifer from Glenveagh emailed me yesterday (13th July) when I asked her about it again and said render and capping of garden walls "will not be done and an amendment to the planning will be justified upon completion of the development on this."

All this means is that they are clearly going to ignore the planning conditions and hope the council doesn't get wind and if they do they will apply for retrospective planning to retain what they have already done.

I would sugest as many people as possible email Fingal County Coucil and Glenveagh so they know they can't cheap out here and have to comply with planning law like the rest of us. Our back wall is already very damp as it is not capped the rain just soaks into it.

I also asked about planting in the estate as the landscapers are gone and I was worried they will run out on that too. There is meant to be trees all up the avenue and trees and hedges along the front of the estate and on the green at the back and the long strip of grass along the top of the avenue plus a playground, adult gym and benches.

She said landscapers will be back in October and planground will be done then but no gym. I think its worth people emailing about that too to make sure they know that we know they must provide all of this. They also have an obligation to replant anything that dies in the first three years. I suspect they try to get away with as little as possible, for example we noticed our flashing was slipping down the roof at snagging. as it was on all houses in the row, which would eventually lead to leaks over the kitchen. They fixed ours but didn't so anyone elses.

This document is very helpful as it shows the planting schedule. It also shows how they changed some of the wall heights based on planning ruling but still tried to keep the fencing in, you can see in all later documents from the council that they were told again to build walls not fences.

Just looking around and can see capped walls on The Green, why do it there and leave everywhere else?

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to update you on the garden walls. I wrote to the enforcement department in Fingal County Council. They have looked at it and wrote to me to tell me they have issued a 'Warning Letter puruant to Section 152 of the Planning and Development Act 2000" to Glenveagh for not complying with planning conditions.

The council said they issed this letter last week on 7th July. However Jennifer from Glenveagh emailed me yesterday (13th July) when I asked her about it again and said render and capping of garden walls "will not be done and an amendment to the planning will be justified upon completion of the development on this."

All this means is that they are clearly going to ignore the planning conditions and hope the council doesn't get wind and if they do they will apply for retrospective planning to retain what they have already done.

I would sugest as many people as possible email Fingal County Coucil and Glenveagh so they know they can't cheap out here and have to comply with planning law like the rest of us. Our back wall is already very damp as it is not capped the rain just soaks into it.

I also asked about planting in the estate as the landscapers are gone and I was worried they will run out on that too. There is meant to be trees all up the avenue and trees and hedges along the front of the estate and on the green at the back and the long strip of grass along the top of the avenue plus a playground, adult gym and benches.

She said landscapers will be back in October and planground will be done then but no gym. I think its worth people emailing about that too to make sure they know that we know they must provide all of this. They also have an obligation to replant anything that dies in the first three years. I suspect they try to get away with as little as possible, for example we noticed our flashing was slipping down the roof at snagging. as it was on all houses in the row, which would eventually lead to leaks over the kitchen. They fixed ours but didn't so anyone elses.
    Hi Sorcha,

This is all great information and fair play to you for going through the planning docs and identifying all this stuff.

As your so knowledgeable on the issues, is there any chance you could do up a draft email highlighting all the issues that needs to be sent to Fingal County Council and put it in this group for others to copy and paste.

I just know with myself and possibly for others who don't know the full details, it's very easy to put it on the long finger and never get around to sending the email, whereas if the draft is they're and its just a matter of copying and pasting to Fingal County Council, then hopefully we can get more traction and get more emails into the council and put a bit more pressure on Glenveagh.

Advertisement