Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knightsgate, Rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Given that the prequal testing on lines in Knightsgate are showing 100mbps fttc, I reckon the information given to you is incorrect.

I guess time will tell... i can tell you it is fibre cables at the houses as I've seen the cables being spliced, and they are indeed fibre. So I presume they will be sending down 100mb down the fibre cables when its live then

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

I guess time will tell... i can tell you it is fibre cables at the houses as I've seen the cables being spliced, and they are indeed fibre. So I presume they will be sending down 100mb down the fibre cables when its live then

Unless there is both, which is quite a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 omgsorcha

It’s so annoying SIRO aren’t given more of the market. They have the capability to roll out so quickly but can only go to an area when the government give them the go ahead.

If anyone has been told they can snag I would suggest holding off. We snagged and the person doing it said he was in too early. Another week or two of work there before he should have been in and the water wasn’t on so he couldn’t check it. He said he never sees this with Glenveagh and they are obviously is a panic to close as many houses as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 aurawindsurfing

I got a call today from eir to tell me that they do not know the date... but since I apperently opened account with them while placing order, they will tell me when it becomes available.

BTW did any of you give consideration to imagine.ie ? They also called me back and told me that I was eligible and within the range of their "5G ready" mast in Lusk.

Maybe it is worth giving it a try as well?

• Advertisement

omgsorcha wrote: »
    If anyone has been told they can snag I would suggest holding off. We snagged and the person doing it said he was in too early. Another week or two of work there before he should have been in and the water wasn’t on so he couldn’t check it. He said he never sees this with Glenveagh and they are obviously is a panic to close as many houses as possible.

Oh, that's not good!!!

We were planning to snag on Tuesday but that's now been cancelled due to further lockdown restrictions.

I got a call today from eir to tell me that they do not know the date... but since I apperently opened account with them while placing order, they will tell me when it becomes available.

BTW did any of you give consideration to imagine.ie ? They also called me back and told me that I was eligible and within the range of their "5G ready" mast in Lusk.

Maybe it is worth giving it a try as well?

I know people who use it and say it is ok. I went with Rural WiFi as Imagine was at capacity when I was looking to get set up. I know they have more space now as more homes were able to move to Eir. Rural WiFi works well for me, just have router on window sill. Where I’m currently living I don’t need anything else to boost signal. I will bring it with me when we move if fibre isn’t set up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 solvendy

I take it no further progress has been made on the eir front with anyone? Although I do notice a few houses do appear to have it? Did anyone get imagine in the end? What was the process like? Is the antenna they install big?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Anyone know how long it normally takes for estates to show up on Google maps? Getting a bit sick of it not being there for deliveries at this stage.

Presume all works regarding getting broadband to the estate are closed up at the moment, pity as it sounded like we were getting close before all this kicked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Quite intereested also if anyone has Imagine and if it's any use?

• Advertisement

I've just signed up with them, Threes been unusable the last few days so see how it goes with them.

I've just signed up with them, Threes been unusable the last few days so see how it goes with them.

Hey - how have you found this so far? Also do they tie you into a contract for a year?

Thanks

No go I'm afraid, they couldn't get a line of sight to the mast when they came out so had to cancel the order. Will be soldiering on with Three mobile broadband until they get the fixed lines sorted properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 solvendy

Did anyone by any chance get a garden tap installed? If so how did you do it seeing as the sink is on the island?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 robinsonw

Good day, we are going to be moving into the estate once the lockdown is over and the necessary restrictions are lifted. Builder still needs to complete the snag list. How long did Glenveagh normally take to complete the snag list, anything to look out for? I was also wondering if anyone has done splashbacks in the kitchen and if yes is there a tiler that they would receommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

robinsonw wrote: »
    Good day, we are going to be moving into the estate once the lockdown is over and the necessary restrictions are lifted. Builder still needs to complete the snag list. How long did Glenveagh normally take to complete the snag list, anything to look out for? I was also wondering if anyone has done splashbacks in the kitchen and if yes is there a tiler that they would receommend?

There's been no major problems for us arising out of the snag....i'd pay close attention to the paintwork finishing as ours needed to be significantly touched up in places. Our back doors were not hung properly and had to be re-done but think we were an outlier on this issue from chatting with neighbours

Has there been anymore on the broadband front?

I did spot this on Brian Dennehy site.

Has there been anymore on the broadband front?

I did spot this on Brian Dennehy site.

There have been lot of EIR vans around Rush back roads and down towards Rogerstown the last two weeks when I've been out walking. May not be related though.

Glad they finally cut the grass this week. The place looks miles better.

Hi everyone,

We just got our new closing date for 9th June. Delighted ! Trying to price floors. Would anyone have the measurements for the three bedrooms on the first floor in a four bed house by any chance? I roughly have the measurements for everything else I think.

omgsorcha wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We just got our new closing date for 9th June. Delighted ! Trying to price floors. Would anyone have the measurements for the three bedrooms on the first floor in a four bed house by any chance? I roughly have the measurements for everything else I think.

I would also appreciate this! Haven't got a closing date yet, but shouldn't be far behind

• Advertisement

Does anyone notice the tap water leaves a kind of dust/caking around sinks etc?

Sounds like hard water.. you may need to get some test strips to confirm this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Water-Hardness-Test-Strips-Dishwasher/dp/B07BRFNNKF

It’s a hard water area so you will get a limescale build up unless you install a water softener. Otherwise just keep on top of cleaning it so it doesn’t build up and remember to clean out your shower head so it doesn’t get blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

Looks like Eir have connected up the broadband lines so Knightsgate is now on the grid...whoop, whoop!!

Ah that's great news, so am I right in saying we can sign up with anyone now that the estate is live? Doesn't have to be Eir?

Ah that's great news, so am I right in saying we can sign up with anyone now that the estate is live? Doesn't have to be Eir?

Eir is showing as Gigabit broadband, so any Eir ftth providers should be able to provide (some may not have updated prequal file yet)

So they should all provide the same service so cheapest is best?

So they should all provide the same service so cheapest is best?

Yep, but also watch out for usage caps, etc. Not all ftth services are unlimited

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Laurendon

Just wondering if anyone has notice any small cracks appearing in the ceiling? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

Laurendon wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has notice any small cracks appearing in the ceiling? Thanks :)

Not in the ceiling, but definitely noticed some small cracks where the walls join in some rooms - would have thought it was just the house settling? I remember the snagger telling us to expect that.

What's everyone doing with their garden? We're undecided whether to re-seed it (probably too late for that this year, but next year maybe), but wondering if the soil is just too bad. Or maybe getting some roll-out turf, or even artificial grass.

Also if anyone has any recommendations for pavers, that'd be great. We've had a few quotes that have been mental for just getting a small section paved.

Advertisement