Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knightsgate, Rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

Eggy 30 wrote: »
    Hi Sorcha,

This is all great information and fair play to you for going through the planning docs and identifying all this stuff.

As your so knowledgeable on the issues, is there any chance you could do up a draft email highlighting all the issues that needs to be sent to Fingal County Council and put it in this group for others to copy and paste.

I just know with myself and possibly for others who don't know the full details, it's very easy to put it on the long finger and never get around to sending the email, whereas if the draft is they're and its just a matter of copying and pasting to Fingal County Council, then hopefully we can get more traction and get more emails into the council and put a bit more pressure on Glenveagh.

I second this! Thanks for being so diligent and I'll happily send an email if there's a draft to copy and paste, so I know the correct info is going in.

Bit mad how they're attempting to skimp on so much stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lucanbound

omgsorcha wrote: »
    This document is very helpful as it shows the planting schedule. It also shows how they changed some of the wall heights based on planning ruling but still tried to keep the fencing in, you can see in all later documents from the council that they were told again to build walls not fences.

Just looking around and can see capped walls on The Green, why do it there and leave everywhere else?

Hi Sorcha,

Could you please give me the reference for the planning documents, I've been unable to find the full document for the estate.

How have you found the estate/area so far ? We've reserved a house there too.

Thanks a mil !

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paddy.81

Hi. We are hoping to move into Knightsgate Avenue 4 bed. Would anyone be able to tell us what the floor measurements are so we have an idea of costing floors. Have only seen the show house won’t get in to see our new house for a few more weeks.
    Also is there an update on broadband yet?
    Finally can anyone recommend a snagger.
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

paddy.81 wrote: »
    Hi. We are hoping to move into Knightsgate Avenue 4 bed. Would anyone be able to tell us what the floor measurements are so we have an idea of costing floors. Have only seen the show house won’t get in to see our new house for a few more weeks.
    Also is there an update on broadband yet?
    Finally can anyone recommend a snagger.
    Thank you!

We did wood on ground floor and carpet for the rest. Based on measurements we needed 116.5 yards of carpet (including stairs) and 67 yards wood for the ground floor. That doesn't include utility or under the stairs.

Broadband is up and running, fibre to the home, so you can choose anyone that uses Eir's lines (so basically anyone but Virgin).

Re snagger, I'll send you a PM.

Hi

Does anyone know about houses 1-38 at Knightsgate green that were sold off in one go around December ?

Are they meant for buy to let?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hello
    Did everyone’s house come with tiled floors in the bathrooms upstairs ?

Thanks 😊

lucanbound wrote: »
    Hello
    Did everyone’s house come with tiled floors in the bathrooms upstairs ?

Thanks 😊

Yep

Yep

Thanks for confirming, agent told us only the walls would be tiled in the bathrooms which is different from what the builders advertised in the brochures.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Isn’t a large part of this estate being used for social housing? Not sure if one of the Housing Associations have bought a number of houses here. Does anyone know?

kjbsrah1 wrote: »
    Isn’t a large part of this estate being used for social housing? Not sure if one of the Housing Associations have bought a number of houses here. Does anyone know?

Numbers 1-38 Knightsgate Green were sold in one lot last year, don't know who they were sold to though. Could be a housing agency or a buy to let investor.

Then the usual 10% social housing which applies to every development.

Overall, the estate is a nice quiet estate and I haven't seen any issues.

Edit: I've just found it. The 38 properties were purchased by Cluid Housing Agency

• Advertisement

kjbsrah1 wrote: »

Yes they sold 1-38 on the green in December 2019 to a housing association.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Yes they sold 1-38 on the green in December 2019 to a housing association.

Looks like houses 1 - 8 on The Walk, and some on the Avenue are going to social housing. Each garden has the mental guard over the heat pump.

They were never up for sale to the public.

I second this! Thanks for being so diligent and I'll happily send an email if there's a draft to copy and paste, so I know the correct info is going in.

Bit mad how they're attempting to skimp on so much stuff.

Happy to send on an email too if there is a draft to copy and paste. I say if we could get a draft for Fingal, and Glenveagh

Looks like houses 1 - 8 on The Walk, and some on the Avenue are going to social housing. Each garden has the mental guard over the heat pump.

They were never up for sale to the public.

We’re buying a house on the avenue, a bit strange to allocate the green, walk and sole avenue homes to social housing in excess of the 10% threshold.

How have you found the estate so far ?

Rush is a lovely spot but I wonder if it’s the case of them not being able to get enough private buyers or is this Glenveagh’s MO ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Numbers 1-38 Knightsgate Green were sold in one lot last year, don't know who they were sold to though. Could be a housing agency or a buy to let investor.

Then the usual 10% social housing which applies to every development.

Overall, the estate is a nice quiet estate and I haven't seen any issues.

Edit: I've just found it. The 38 properties were purchased by Cluid Housing Agency

Did cluid pay the full market rate ??

brisan wrote: »
    Did cluid pay the full market rate ??

They paid €9.6m + VAT, so pretty much what would be expected when buying the 38 homes in one lot

https://propertypriceregisterireland.com/details/138_knightsgate_green_rush_co_dublin_ireland-427496/

We’re buying a house on the avenue, a bit strange to allocate the green, walk and sole avenue homes to social housing in excess of the 10% threshold.

How have you found the estate so far ?

Rush is a lovely spot but I wonder if it’s the case of them not being able to get enough private buyers or is this Glenveagh’s MO ?

We in about a month, and no issues at all! There is currently a waiting list for people to get a house in the development, so its not the case of enough private buyers.

If they are indeed gone to the Fingal its 40%+ of the development to social housing.

38 - Knightsgate Green
    8 - Knightsgate Walk
    10 - Knightsgate Avenue

Total in the development - 129

43% to Fingal.

Ive created the following word/pdf file that you can send to final regarding the block walls in the gardens. If you use the pdf you can sign it, save and send to planningenforcement@fingal.ie

https://we.tl/t-eTaORjwRRI

I have sent on mine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Thanks very much, I'll send them one too. Would be a lovely cost saver

We in about a month, and no issues at all! There is currently a waiting list for people to get a house in the development, so its not the case of enough private buyers.

If they are indeed gone to the Fingal its 40%+ of the development to social housing.

38 - Knightsgate Green
    8 - Knightsgate Walk
    10 - Knightsgate Avenue

Total in the development - 129

43% to Fingal.

Fair enough given the housing crisis in Dublin. The estate is lovely, the only worry is if the road becomes a main road per the Kenure area plan.

Could someone on the Avenue please share measurements for the 4 beds. It'll be highly appreciated !

• Advertisement

Hi all

Does anyone know what the ditch underneath the bridge between the Avenue and Green is meant for ?

Looks like it might be a waterway....I could be wrong.

Anyone else starting to get annoyed with the after-hours drilling, hammering and banging that's going on? Spent over an hour trying to get my kid to sleep last night because someone was hammering in their garden past 7.30pm. Some of us have kids with early bedtimes. Someone else was using an angle grinder before 10am yesterday. On a Sunday. WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

hey folks,

need to get some paint for the internal walls so does anyone have the paint details originally used for some touch up work. I know it is Johnstones paint

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Anyone else starting to get annoyed with the after-hours drilling, hammering and banging that's going on? Spent over an hour trying to get my kid to sleep last night because someone was hammering in their garden past 7.30pm. Some of us have kids with early bedtimes. Someone else was using an angle grinder before 10am yesterday. On a Sunday. WTF!

+1 on this in the evenings anyway.

+1 on this in the evenings anyway.

Oh it's the evenings I mean. I have no problem whatsoever with anyone doing work at any time during the day, for as long as they like - they're fully entitled to. But I guess it's the difference between being sound/ considerate of your neighbours and... not. I remember someone else posting earlier in this thread about someone using power tools at 10pm on a Friday night. Would you be able!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

interesting and topical thread on Cluid... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?p=111198060

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paddy.81

I was reading about problems with pyrite in Rush / Fingal. Are there any concerns that there will be pyrite or mica problems in the Knightsgate estate? Maybe developers are taking precautions now to prevent these problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tkrysiak

paddy.81 wrote: »
    I was reading about problems with pyrite in Rush / Fingal. Are there any concerns that there will be pyrite or mica problems in the Knightsgate estate? Maybe developers are taking precautions now to prevent these problems.

Pyrite is more of an issue in Lusk than Rush. If I remember correctly, Tayleurs Point in Rush had pyrite issues. With Knightsgate being new development, I would certainly hope that this is one word we will not hear about...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Eggy 30

Hi,

Has anybody heard anymore from Fingal County Council in regards to the gardens? I submitted my complaint about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 omgsorcha

gawoo1012 wrote: »
    hey folks,

need to get some paint for the internal walls so does anyone have the paint details originally used for some touch up work. I know it is Johnstones paint

Walls - Armstead Trade 75 mix to match Farrow & Ball 'Cornforth White' - vinyl matt

Ceilings - Armstead Trade White, vinyl matt

Interior wood - Armstead Trade Satin, Brilliant White

Doors - Armstead Trade Satin, Brilliant White

Front Door - Grey 7015

External render - Johnstone, Ral 1013, Perlweiss

Advertisement