Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options
1646566676870»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is this like A3Launcher? Great tool that A3Launcher

Yup, by the same guy I think

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

MadYaker wrote: »
    You picked Dayz as your introduction to PC gaming?:pac:

Maybe try Arma 3 and play on a wasteland server. It's basically like an open world team deathmatch with guns and vehicles spread around the map. It runs on nearly the same engine as Dayz so feels quite similar and its made by the same developers. Its like Dayz but less running and more shooting. Also arma 3 has many other servers running game modes that are sandbox survival like dayz but guns and gear are much easier to find and its more PvP based so you should improve faster.

Yeah. Watched a load of FrankieOnPC videos and bought a cheap pc to try them out. It was garbage. Stopped playing for a while and then started watching TheRunningManZ and bought a new GPU, now it runs well so bought DayZ. Also bought ARMA 3 so might check out a few mods but DayZ is definitely the game I wanna be playing.

Tempted to look into running a server as it's cheap enough for a low slot server and could make it like a trading/dicking about server. Must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dayz is actually playing great at moment and is looking good. I think its just too little too late for poor old Dayz. It could have been absolutely brilliant if the developers had done it right at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If they released a game as polished as this when the standalone first came out they might have made a go of it but not now. I enjoy playing the game for a few hours from time to time and it has a small but dedicated community. The day of zombie survival games is gone, battle royale games are the cool new thing now.

Whats happening in DayZ land these these? Anybody still playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

Glebee wrote: »

DAYZ is done.

i've moved into escape from tarkove for the survival shooter fix. very good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 NMHS

The new Livonia map is deadly! The new graphics engine has brought a lot to it too. A few friends and I got a private server to get used to the map and all the new crafting opportunities. Really enjoying it now having been a bit over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

https://youtu.be/kmPedT1vhEc

Just made this video in Dayz. I've recently revisited the game, and can say I've fallen in love with it again with mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Tried to go back to this with a friend.

We played it back in 2013, and i can safely say not much has changed.

They've reworked a lot of things, but collisions, actions and anything related to zombies is still in 2013 shape.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Tried to go back to this with a friend.

We played it back in 2013, and i can safely say not much has changed.

They've reworked a lot of things, but collisions, actions and anything related to zombies is still in 2013 shape.

You need to try modded download DZSA launcher

• Advertisement

Reinstalled yesterday, played for about half an hour, found a ruck sack, a gun and no ammo. Died of hunger or thirst. In fairness it does look nice but I never seem to be able to find gear and dont talk to me about getting the correct ammo for guns. Maybe i need to try one of those modded survers.

Reinstalled yesterday, played for about half an hour, found a ruck sack, a gun and no ammo. Died of hunger or thirst. In fairness it does look nice but I never seem to be able to find gear and dont talk to me about getting the correct ammo for guns. Maybe i need to try one of those modded survers.

Public servers can be difficult as they have a lot of new players joining and the coastal areas are hard to find loot in. Some of the modded servers are crazy. I been playing on KarmaKrew server which is modded and TRMZ server which is vanilla. Both good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bohemia went down the "survival game" route much more than the mod ever did,lost a lot of the fun in the process imo

Doesnt say a lot for the game when I'd still rather fire up and play one of the DayZ type mods for Arma 2/3

It's not difficult at all to survive. Fill up on water at a well and kill an animal and your sorted food and drinks wise for hours. And a nice warm steak in your blouse pocket keeps you warm on those cold nights too.

The amount of modded servers, from Dear Isle, to Stalker, deathmatch to hardcore survival means there's a server out there to suit everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

EoinHef wrote: »
    Bohemia went down the "survival game" route much more than the mod ever did,lost a lot of the fun in the process imo

Doesnt say a lot for the game when I'd still rather fire up and play one of the DayZ type mods for Arma 2/3

The mod (and mods of that mod) for ARMA 2 is where it was at really. A large portion of the mod userbase was more interested in the squad play/looting aspect rather than full on survival mechanics. I think most of that userbase went down the BR route of Pubg etc...

I must of logged about 1k hours in the mod but only have about 20 hours in SA. Never found is particularity engaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Haven't played for ages...

But...move inland quickly and concentrate on getting some food stocks first. Never mind your guns'n'ammo for a while. There'll be plenty of that later.

Right...

I jumped in for the first time in well over a year (possibly more) and WTF have they done to the interface? It's awful.

I can't change my gender...

I can't bind the arrow keys...

Anyone know how to do one or either?

This thing has been in development for years now and it's still a fucking mess. :rolleyes:

So I've noticed this just got a massive update recently and they've also hit a new record for number of players on steam. Is it having a bit of a revival, anyone playing this? I bought it when it first released years ago and never really played it. I thought it had been essentially abandoned.

Anytime i go back to Dayz I never seem to be able to find anything and just die of starvation... Saying that on my steam overlay if says ive played 118hrs of Dayz. Thats an awful lot of running around and finding nothing. I think I played the modded version alot in the past but its ages ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are zombies actually in the game again, and are they any sort of threat? Seem to remember them being gone for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I also haven't played in ages but as far as I'm aware its functioning with zombies now for a good while unless they took them out again..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

I've been playing the modded versions for a while, much better than the base game which I quit a long time ago, a mate got me to try the modded servers and I've put another 100 hours into it since.

They're are extremes with 5x loot and traders etc but some with just quality of life mods added and some have more zombies etc

Namalsk and DeerIsle are good maps if your sick of chenaraus aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Yeah zombies are there, depening on the server setup you're playing on they can vary from a mild inconvenience to proper threat.Zombies + blood suckers on Namalsk makes the military areas pretty risky. Currently running 2 servers(Namalsk, Chernarus), mods make the game much better as long as you don't go crazy with it. Keep the survival aspect while making some QoL improvements

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Been tempted to try get back into DayZ is there any group from here playing it? Not that interested in solo

I might give some of the modded servers a go so. I loved the namalsk map back in the mod days, very atmospheric.

I had a character that I was running with for over 5 months and the last update wiped him and everything he had, including a nice wee base and stash.

So I started again.

So far, I've died of starvation 3 times and once by some arse shooting me in the back.

LOL. DayZ.

Advertisement