Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I agree. Have said for a while now that it being in Alpha isn't enough of an excuse for the unbelievably slow development time. It's still got less in it then the mod does, and they've been working on it for what, 2 years? I don't ever see them finishing half the stuff they talk about, when they can't even get zombies working like they said they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

feel like a bit of a mug for buying it, I certainly won't be buying games until they're finished again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

You guys are correct. This game is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

i haven't logged in now in months but when me and a few friends did a couple of months ago it was awful, somehow my resolution changed to some crappy res and i couldn't change it back.

i was talking to a mate of mine there a few days ago about the old school mod, and what he said was true. he isn't technical in any way but wanted to play the mod, trying to get him up and running telling him how and what to do was painful or as he put it "i felt like i was hacking the white house with the amount of messing about in config files and loading parameters ect"

i used to make up excuses about how the game was a mod/alpha and "trust me guys when it is a full release it will be amazing" but there comes a time where you have to just let go of that sinking ship and float back to reality

This game is dead and there is no bringing it back now.

Do you still have the white 4x4 that I gave u in the mod?

https://youtu.be/lJWRpOsgDSQ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

From what I'm reading here, it's the exact same thing that happened to Planetside 2.

Full of great ideas and promises but never amounted to anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

It might not ever improve too much from its current state but I dont regret buying it really got a lot of hours playtime and some enjoyment out of it. The mods for arma 2 and 3 kind of render it obsolete at the moment anyway so its no huge loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I disagree with those saying it's dead, the newest patch has brought a lot of players back and is really quite enjoyable. Both servers that I'm an admin on are generally full during peak hours. I agree that the development or at least the release of updates can be quite slow at times, which can be made worse if the current patch is a bad one. The 0.55 patch did a lot of damage to the player base and I think DayZ is still recovering from it.

I haven't tried it in a while, but have they implemented any of the talked about features yet (i.e. vehicles, roaming zombies etc...)?

Yup vehicles are in (V3S,sedan, offroad and bus), all vehicles require parts(battery, tyres, spark plugs) and tools(wrench, lug wrench, tyre repair kit) in order to get them and keep them operational. Zombies are back in and are much improved over the original zombies, they don't currently roam the map and only appear to be in the more popular areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Ye know, i havent played this game in 3 months, but i think of it an awful lot! Whats the new updates like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Ye know, i havent played this game in 3 months, but i think of it an awful lot! Whats the new updates like?

Longer for me, whats the state of the game now ?

Addition of cars make it more fun ? Have they managed to increase the player count on servers yet ? Heard a while ago they aimed for 100-120 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Server population is still capped at around 60-80, I believe it is more on some of the Experimental servers where they test out new features.

Yesterday they showed some footage of the new renderer that looked quite good.

I'm still jumping in and out of it every couple of weeks, but it seems to have lost some of its magic which I think comes from people being a bit bored in it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Pizzle wrote: »
    Yesterday they showed some footage of the new renderer that looked quite good

This is the video:

30-40% performance increase on the first iteration before any optimisation and improvements as they are working on 1:1 visual parity first, which sounds promising

Not much in in the core side fo things except for vehcles but I would wait until patch 0.60 hits stable (probs April) as this is the patch that will introduce new engine modules like the renderer, player controller, new sound engine etc so the game will look, play and sound better

This is how dayz currently looks on max settings
    0q9uj7Sh.jpg

This is how it looks in new renderer on low settings with AntiAliasing, Alpha Coverage, Edge Smoothing, Clouds, and Post Processing disabled
    pLgtcsZh.jpg

Looks pretty promising
    More details in the latest status report: https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-16-feb-2016

DX11 update was pushed out today (or yesterday). It gives the game a significant performance boost apparently.

You mean the new experimental build? Yeah, it looks pretty good.

Tried to get on last night but there were very few Exp servers up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Only out on Exp though isn't it ?

Yeah only out on experimental so limited servers. They increases the server count to 60 today and *might* be able to source additional servers. However about 13,000 people tried to get on last night so even adding tons more servers they will still probably be jam packed

New update also includes new looking infected with dynamic clothing (i.E infected look different with different clothing now and have loot), infected can now vault over obstacles and walls! New UI (but mainly just the tech), Cherno has been completely reworked and is miles better and looks like a proper city now. New Military Tisy base up north which will eventually be contaminated and require hazard gear. Weapons now spawn with random attachments with possibility of magazines and ammo.

Peeps reporting they are getting 60+ FPS in cities depending on the hardware, but even those with mid tier hardware are still getting considerable FPS increase in cities.

There isn't a changelog yet it seems so not sure the full rundown on the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Haven't been in in months, but this sounds great.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Haven't been in in months, but this sounds great.

Alot of peeps having trouble getting onto experimental so I'd personally wait until the patch hits stable (hopefully sooner rather than later). But yep it's definitely exciting. Not only that but the next 0.61 update, whenever it drops, should have more major engine changes like new animation system, sound system, damage system, player controller etc.

• Advertisement

Top down view comparison between old cherno and new cherno this update

https://gfycat.com/ZigzagGenerousFlatfish

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

About f*cking time. Hopefully the stable version comes out by the time I finish exams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Anyone in Cherno?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Snipers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Anybody get into a .60 server?

Tried a couple of times over the weekend but no luck.

I might just wait for it to hit stable in a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Haven't been able to get in to a server yet, my patience runs out after about 20 minutes of trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

got in for a bit last night, **** i'm excited to get back to dayz! game was dead to me for almost a year. It's super good!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

First time to play in months lastnight and all I could think of was what have they been doing all this time?
    Performance seems worse than before and little seems to have changed, granted I couldn't get onto the latest build servers, connection error on each attempt.

Scratch that I opted into beta via steam and I can get into new servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Dead_Shot

Anyone still playing the standalone?

Advertisement