Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Anyone planning on getting on today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Anyone planning on getting on today?

im on there now. But for some strange reason there's no items anywhere on five of the servers i went to. Searched for ages???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

cursai wrote: »
    im on there now. But for some strange reason there's no items anywhere on five of the servers i went to. Searched for ages???

New 0.55 update introduced Forced Persistence and Central Loot Economy. It's still quite bugged but basically now it means that if you don't find gear, it's been picked clean and you need to scavenge elsewhere. Move more inland as loot might be more plentiful as others may not have looted them.

Cravez wrote: »
    New 0.55 update introduced Forced Persistence and Central Loot Economy. It's still quite bugged but basically now it means that if you don't find gear, it's been picked clean and you need to scavenge elsewhere. Move more inland as loot might be more plentiful as others may not have looted them.

So what happens then. Does it ever reappear. Went onto a fresh server restart there and still nothing. Doors all closed, even in one of the Police stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Yeah, you have to leave the coast and move inland which is where the real game is.

• Advertisement

Fuzzy wrote: »
    Yeah, you have to leave the coast and move inland which is where the real game is.

In Stary Sobor right now gonna head north east to Severgrad this evening so. Cheers Fuzzy.

So what happens then. Does it ever reappear. Went onto a fresh server restart there and still nothing. Doors all closed, even in one of the Police stations.

It should in theory but probably bugged at the moment. I may be interpreting the dev updates incorrectly but on any given server there should be a set amount of items spawning in the world. As an example, a cans of beans may only spawn 150 times per month per server. If all 150 cans of beans are currently taken you won't ever find one on that server until at a certain point the server will respawn them in.

Thats just an example and not saying that there'll only ever be 150 cans of beans but I just explaining how I think the loot economy will work. Certain items will have a lower amount of spawning such as the SVD which may only be 3 spawns per server per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

In Stary Sobor right now gonna head north east to Severgrad this evening so. Cheers Fuzzy.
    Do you play public hive or private? For me, on .55, places like stary sobor should have plenty of loot. Check back later, maybe a squad just picked it clean before you got there. I was on 3 different private hives last night in Severgrad and I found (and killed some ;)) groups of geared people each time.

Want to team up later? All of the lads I play games with won't play the Standalone :[

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

New update is so good!

• Advertisement

Want to team up later? All of the lads I play games with won't play the Standalone :[

ye sure which is my Steam name by the way. 2015-04-02 17_19_46-boards.ie - Reply to Topic.png
    I see two different ones there. CURSAI222 and cursai1. My dayz name is just my regular given name. Or send me yours and ill add you.
    Should be on tonight or i can go on now for a while until the Demon gets home.

Sent you an invite there Dom. Never actually bothered to update my profile so ive changed my username to just 'cursai' now.

Wouldn't get too attached to all the military loot explosions in random places. It will most likely get fixed and we'll see more dwindling loot over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Wouldn't get too attached to all the military loot explosions in random places. It will most likely get fixed and we'll see more dwindling loot over time.

See a tonne of those yesterday and was very confused

Played with Cursai last night. We looted the N.W. Airfiled, Vybor Military Base (found a heli crash site there), Zelenogorsk and then the Pavlovo Military Base and found virtually no loot whatsoever. The patch has fooked up the game, it feels unplayable now. Anyone else having trouble finding loot? Game is no fun when you starve to death because the loot system's messed up.

it is bugged alright, then again it is the first iteration of the system and hotfixes and the next major patches (0.56 & 0.57) will hopefully fix it entirely.

When I spawned the other day, I found a **** ton of loot in Kamyshovo but may have been one of the first people to raid it.

Were you on a private or public server?

it is bugged alright, then again it is the first iteration of the system and hotfixes and the next major patches (0.56 & 0.57) will hopefully fix it entirely.

When I spawned the other day, I found a **** ton of loot in Kamyshovo but may have been one of the first people to raid it.

Were you on a private or public server?

We were playing on The Fortunate Ones server which is a public server. All of the military bases we looted hadn't been touched by other players before we got there and we still found nothing. The heli crash site wasn't looted either (we scored an AUG). I'm going to hop onto a private server now and see if it's better on that. If it's not then I'll quit the game until Bohemia fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Hopped on today. KoS by some shitbag. :rolleyes:

Restarted in the middle of nowhere on the crap part of the map, the East. Ran around, found a tattered raincoat and died of starvation because there wasn't a single ounce of food to be had any where.

.55 is terrible.

The devs need to get a better balance, because if this is what the game is to become, it's dead.

At least start new spawns with a full stomach. There is no entertainment running around waiting to die of starvation/thirst in the first 20 minutes.

If it persists like this, I'm gone until .56.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Um, so tried again.

Was down to serious Hunger/Thirst levels and found a fountain. Filled up with water. Then found some rice and devoured that and became thirsty again. Luckily found a couple of cans of cola and threw them in.

The zombies are pointless now, you can just dodge them all day. But, if you DO attract their attention, they are even more glitched now than they were before.

However, in order to get their attention you'd really have to pretty much run up to them really close, so there'll be no surprise zombie attacks in .55 making humans the only thing that's a real threat now.

There have been no weapons found in the last couple of hours play. Nothing, not even a hatchet. The normal weapon house are empty. Heading up to the NWAF or prison island to get a gun, because DayZ is pointless without one, as long as people are just KoS.

All in all, so far .55 is shaping up pretty badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

I was just wondering are there any good Irish SA Servers out there? I'm looking for a decent server to constantly play on, It's a bit of a pain in the hole constantly swapping to different ones, losing loot etc.

Also if anyone's looking for someone to team up with - steamcommunity /id/boober

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

The loot system sure is fecked at present.

Died of hunger 3 or 4 times in the last few days. If I had a shovel, I would retreat into the woods and take up farming!

Actually, I did find a shovel at one point but no seeds so dug up a load of worms and ate them. Died a few minutes after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

So there is a town just across from Novo with a firestation in it. Some of us have taken up residence and looking for people to play with. We only play on private server Chicken With Guns 1 or 2 .

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

john the one - That's fixed as of yesterday they've reverted back to the old loot system for now.

But will revert back to the new system probably by next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know any decent persistent servers?

I'm sick of putting down gear and it disappearing a few hours later.

Just so you know, they reverted back to the legacy loot system until the 0.56 patch. So Persistence is behaving the way it was prior to 0.55. So servers that tag as persistence=ON are the only persistent servers at the moment and tents get wiped weekly.

Until the CLE and forced persistence is pushed back into stable for 0.56 I probably wouldn't bother with storing gear. Too much risk of it getting deleted or wiped at the moment.

Lost a Mili tent full of top gear :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Just so you know, they reverted back to the legacy loot system until the 0.56 patch. So Persistence is behaving the way it was prior to 0.55. So servers that tag as persistence=ON are the only persistent servers at the moment and tents get wiped weekly.

Until the CLE and forced persistence is pushed back into stable for 0.56 I probably wouldn't bother with storing gear. Too much risk of it getting deleted or wiped at the moment.
    This is somewhat true. They did revert to the legacy loot system, but persistence is enabled on all servers and does not get wiped weekly. Server owners no longer have an option to disable it. On private servers the owners have the option to wipe persistence if they so choose.

Tents are returning to Stary :)
    OivxCIK.jpg

Had a go at the game earlier, starved to death again. Guess I'll come back when they release the next patch.

• Advertisement

Played the new experimental build last night, there's a lot more zombies!

Advertisement