Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin City Juggling info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

Thats really nice. Have you ridden one before or owned one?

I'd like to get one, but I've never even tried before so I wouldn't know what type. If i was getting one, I'd want a resonably good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i aint goin in anyhow. way to gloomy a day... and i'm lazy! soon though; i can't keep away much longer!

I can't go in, I have football training later grrrrr.

It's actually really warm out, humid as they say. But I'll try and get back soon, havn't practised in ages.
    Tried the clubs yesterday and kept hitting myself again :p

ah, take the pain. we all do!

so, i searched for paraffin, but i can't find any. believe it or not, woodies only stock it in the summer... bah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I was too hungover to move today still but can move did i miss anything? saz use white spirits instead of parafin tis a cleaner fuel

ah ya poor thing. hmmmm i shall try white spirits. never tried it before, so, we'll see what happens! thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Jammy wrote:
    Thats really nice. Have you ridden one before or owned one?

I'd like to get one, but I've never even tried before so I wouldn't know what type. If i was getting one, I'd want a resonably good one.
    Nope, I've never ridden or owned one before but after some research I think that that one would be good for me. As you said I would want to be getting a reasonably good one.

Yeah, ya never know I might get one.

And Sarah!!! Your gonna try fire, wow good on ya. I wouldn't have the guts.

ah, 'tis just for a staff. my friend really wants to try it, so i think i'll give in. though, he's more interested in fire poi.. and i aint so sure about watching him with them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I'll be getting a unicycle myself soon enough. I've borrowed one for now, and it's deadly. I can go about 1 meter so far, but I'm getting better. It's actually so much fun.

Yeah they look like great craic. But Im not sure where I'd be able to practise :p

I'm practising in a lane behind my house. It's great, except when people start to walk down they tend to have a bit of a puzzled look on their faces. It's not really that strange a sight to see. I'm sure it happens in lanes all over the country.

Ah sure, lanes across the country are full of people on unicycles.

I have a park beside me, but I'd feel a bit odd out there on my own, unicycling of all things.

You'd probably have people come up and talk to you. If I were to see you unicycling in the park, I'd find you far more interesting than all the joggers and stuff. It's an awesome conversation piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I nearly bought one last year too... I've tried a few times and can get a few metres without the need for a wall beside me.

Yesterday was odd. Random deaf guy came up and started playing with a diabolo. I think he kindof indicated he'd be back next week. Showed him a few tricks he didnt know. My sign language isnt great, so wasnt able to explain things briliantly.
    There were a few annoying kids that kept hanging around too.

Pretty poor turnout overall tho weather wasnt even that bad...

• Advertisement

Oh right yeah, the Sunday thing. Woops.

I should really get back to that soon. Im sooo out of practise. Can't go next though. I'll get back there someday.

yeah, i feel guilty for not being there... i shall at least do some practise again soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

I got a unicycle yesterday!!!! :D:D:D I ordered it off unicycle.uk.com for €140 total including postage and i couldn't be happier with it. I cannot of course ride it properly yet but im amazed at how quickly I'm learning, the most I've cycled so far is 4 revolutions of the wheel ,which I found amazing after about 4 hrs practice. I might bring it in to stephen's green on sunday so if anyone would like to see the 20" trainer for themselves, and have a go... I'll be there. (it's a bit of a hassle on the bus so if no-one posts here I'll assume no-one wants to see it...)

Unicycles rock...

Oh deadly!!!

I'd love to have a shot at it. But I don't think I'll be there next Sunday, so you better not bring just to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 PoiBoi_Patch

I would be happy to see you there on your one wheeler lol , Matt Hoffman eat your heart out lmao!!!

fac ut vivas!!

• Advertisement

I'll be there on sunday. Hopefully so will Emmet, and a copy of diabology....

Larry are you dropping hints?

No, just trying to be as subtle as possible in geting you to *Bring the diabology DVDs on Sunday*

sorry i don't get you, you want to give me diabology? thanks or the offer but i have it already

AAh, but which edition of it do you have? Bring your copy on Sunday, and I'll bring mine and we can compare =0)

ah..... fire poi.. never realised how groovey the sound when they're spinning about!!! now i now.. all thx to PoiBoi_Patch!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

ok well in that case i won't be there this sunday but i'll come along next sunday with the unicycle (sorry i can't remember who but someone said they wanted to see it and wouldn't be there this sunday).

That would be me who said that.

I'll let you know anyway if I can make. Don't want to waste your time bringing it in and I'm not even there.

i went along last sunday to say "hi", but didn't know anyone there so i buggered off. has the sunday jugling been really quiet without the summer? i admit... without the sunshine..... not quite the same.

I was a sleep sunday after pulling an all nighter, but it has been quiet alright

• Advertisement

alrighty. i hope to check out the upcoming fire show, so if ya find out when its on... do share. thx

Football finals have been taking up my Sundays.

This Sunday is the all Ireland ladies football final so can't be missing that. Hopefully, hopefully I might be able to make it the next Sunday.

I heard the ladies final was ****e.
    Am heading along this sunday, if only to give emmet back the diabology dvd....

It wasn't too bad now actually. Pity Cork won.

I didn't manage to see the junior though.

I turned up on sunday. With the hope of getting emmet back his dvd. Did a little diabolo for about an hour. Alone. Then went home.
    Is it because the colleges have started back - nobody bothered with sundays in the green nomore?

once again the hangover strikes

You could consider not getting wasted on every saturday night...

I could but the last few weekends there have been events on b'days, going aways, lets get pissed for the sake of it etc, etc. But after tralee its all quiet again

i'm going to blame the dismal weather for my non-willingness to go on sundays. though, i would like to start going again... if only the sun would return!

• Advertisement

Weather has been grand the last few times I've been there. Plus there's no more bands anymore, so the bendstand provides some shelter. A little better than the trees anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 toherd

Here may be a nice venue (with official permission) -- it may be a little more welcoming (+ sheltered) than Stephen's Green these dzys...

Dee

Dublin City Drum Circle
    Press Release / Notice

The Dublin City Drum Circle has been given the go ahead to continue with
    it's Saturday drumming activities at Wood Quay Amphitheatre.

The City Council had us on a 4 week trial period to assess the merit of the
    venture.
    They are now happy that it's as good for the city as it is for the
    participants.

Interested parties need only turn up this Saturday and every Saturday from
    here on in between 12 and 4 in the afternoon

Bring a Drum, Bring a friend,
    Bring some Juggling Balls and
    Bring a warm hat; it's not yet summer.

And remember it's Free

Ciorcal Drumadóireachta Bhleá Cliath
    Preas Ráiteas / Fógra

Tugadh cead do ciorcal drumadóireachta Bhleá Cliath leanúint len a gcuid
    seinmt chuile sathrain as seo amach san Amharclann Leath-Chiorcalach ag Cé
    an Adhmaid.

Bhí muid faoi thriail ag Comhairle na Cathrach ar feadh 4 sheachtaine chun
    an túraim a mheas. Tuigtear anois go mbainfaidh an cathair an méid tairbhe
    as seo is a bhainfiadh na seinteoirí.

Ní mór dóibh siúd ar mian leo theacht chun drumadóireacht iad féin a
    thabhairt síos chuig Oifigí na Cathrach an sathrain seo agus chuile Sathrain
    as seo amach óna 12 dtí 4.

Beir Druma leat, Beir Cara leat
    Beir Giúrléidí Lámhchleasaíocht leat
    Agus bíodh Hata ort
    Níl an samhradh tagatha go fóil

Ná dein dearmaid go bhfuil sé Soar in Aisce

Mise le meas
    Rossa Ó Snodaigh

E-mail Drumcircle@Dublin.ie
    Web www.dublin.ie/drumcircle

Rossa Ó Snodaigh
    15 Emorville Ave
    S.C.R.
    Dublin 8
    086 8260860
    01 4164502

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

info on request for juggling workshop "stuff you can do in Ireland other than using drugs" kinda thing:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054848455

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

This is the first I've heard about this! I must bring along the good people of the juggling society of my college (NCAD, Thomas St.) to these meetings. There are about six of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hey are the meetings still going on?
    Ive been juggling for about 6months but have sorta lost interest but i wanna pick it back up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

No, I don't think they're still going on, sorry.

• Advertisement

The university clubs are still active, and they generally dont ask you if you're a member unless you're being an arse.
    The juggling in stephens green will probably pick up again in the summer...

summer has arrived.
    we're back in the green =0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Is the Trinity Juggling Society active through the summer?

Yes, but not in trinity, moved 300 metres to merrion square.
    Tuesdays. (7ish)

I'll be heading for Stephens green again for a while this sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Hey! I've just moved to Dublin... Can juggle 3 or 4...
    I'm 30 though.... are ye all under 25 still?? :D
    I'll be like BacktoBlack the babysitter!! :eek:

:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement