Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PremierShip/F1/UFC/Liga/Bliga/NFL/NBA/CEV 2euro/month SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

no joy with dazn here (private vpn) first time my vpn hasn't worked with a service

dazn 1.99 a month express vpn about 3 times that though so not really worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭batistuta9

steve_r wrote: »
    I tried to get Dazn to work to see if their NBA content had something good but couldn't get it to work - signed up in Ireland, Express VPN to Canada (no ontario option on pc or tablet) and then just an error message - anyone got it working able to tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Dazn Canada don't have NBA, check wiki for different countries content.

Dazn canada setup for android;
    Download app
    use VPN & sign up through app as in Canada
    It'll be a Google play sub. but you get a free month so aren't billed straight away. ( took me two goes for it to go through)

I'm going to cancel before then & see if a sub. Through the Irish one will keep it working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Dazn Canada don't have NBA, check wiki for different countries content.

Dazn canada setup for android;
    Download app
    use VPN & sign up through app as in Canada
    It'll be a Google play sub. but you get a free month so aren't billed straight away. ( took me two goes for it to go through)

I'm going to cancel before then & see if a sub. Through the Irish one will keep it working.

I have a Spanish DAZN for the past year and my vpn let's it switch to the Canadian DAZN.

It was tricky for me to get the Spanish one as I had to pay via my Spanish bank account.

It costs €10pm and I really like it. The Premier league content is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I have a Spanish DAZN for the past year and my vpn let's it switch to the Canadian DAZN.

It was tricky for me to get the Spanish one as I had to pay via my Spanish bank account.

Have they the European football or rugby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

IrishHomer wrote: »

Just use the Irish Dazn, it's only €1.99

Del007 wrote: »
    Just use the Irish Dazn, it's only €1.99
    Sorry to be going off topic but I’ve installed DAZN and signed up for €1.99 and all I can see is boxing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Sorry to be going off topic but I’ve installed DAZN and signed up for €1.99 and all I can see is boxing?

That's all they have rights to.

You have to turn vpn on for Canada to get access to football.

Dazn are very good at spotting vpns also I could only ever get it work on my laptop not firestick or phone.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    That's all they have rights to.

You have to turn vpn on for Canada to get access to football.

Dazn are very good at spotting vpns also I could only ever get it work on my laptop not firestick or phone.

Ok thanks another poster suggested using the Irish DAZN so I presumed it showed more than just boxing, I’ll try a vpn with it

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Ok thanks another poster suggested using the Irish DAZN so I presumed it showed more than just boxing, I’ll try a vpn with it

No the other poster was suggesting to sign up for a irish account instead of the spanish account the original poster had signed up for and was paying 10 euro for instead the same could be done for 2 euro a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I had a second account setup a few weeks ago trying credit card purchase (which failed) but they've now sent me a survey which once complete, gives you 1 month free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

My sub ran out for the month and it was dead handy to renew for the year through Google Play.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

Is there an agreed best VPN for this?
    I have keep solid but find it very hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

112143 wrote: »

Surfshark is working great for me with this package.

Keepsolid is working superbly for me anytime I’ve tried it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I never knew Jim Beglin kept so busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

112143 wrote: »

I use PureVPN and have no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,109 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

SmartDNSProxy works fine, even though S-Sports isn't in their list of services.
    I assume they're streaming off the same platform as some of the other Turkish video services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Complete newb to this kind of stuff so apologies if they are stupid questions. I wouldn't watch football on my phone, have a Chromecast (not the latest one) but hard to know from reading this thread if it would work. Saw this post below which gives me hope but the Surfshark VPN seems to cost €50 for 2 years so don't particularly want to buy it and then realise it won't work with Chromecast.
    camz09 wrote: »
    Hiya, just to update Chromecast users. I got this to work on my ol' Chromecast, followed the OP, used the apk, signed up & paid via Google Pay. Used Surfshark VPN and got it to cast through my phone. Thanks Fann Linn!

Note:KeepSolid VPN didn't work on this method but worked fine on via HDMI method on my tablet which I was doing before figuring out it can work on Chromecast on phone with the right VPN..way easier to navigate, too. Happy days!

Anyone any advice or alternatives? Wouldn't be against buying a VPN or Firestick or whatever but don't want to shell out €50+ to realise it won't work for me.

NowTV offering SkySports for €20 a month definitely seems like the easier option as I know for certain that works but having read this thread it sounds like SSports+ could be the better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Complete newb to this kind of stuff so apologies if they are stupid questions. I wouldn't watch football on my phone, have a Chromecast (not the latest one) but hard to know from reading this thread if it would work. Saw this post below which gives me hope but the Surfshark VPN seems to cost €50 for 2 years so don't particularly want to buy it and then realise it won't work with Chromecast.

Anyone any advice or alternatives? Wouldn't be against buying a VPN or Firestick or whatever but don't want to shell out €50+ to realise it won't work for me.

NowTV offering SkySports for €20 a month definitely seems like the easier option as I know for certain that works but having read this thread it sounds like SSports+ could be the better option.

I'll confirm it for you. I ran this through the first gen Chromecast via Surfshark on a tablet for 2/3 weeks with no problems at all. In fact I was so impressed I went out and ordered a firestick from Curry's and since that arrived I've been playing it through that now, again without no problems. Waiting now to cancel my Netflix in 2 weeks approx and gonna get that Turkish Netflix then hopefully.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I'll confirm it for you. I ran this through the first gen Chromecast via Surfshark on a tablet for 2/3 weeks with no problems at all. In fact I was so impressed I went out and ordered a firestick from Curry's and since that arrived I've been playing it through that now, again without no problems. Waiting now to cancel my Netflix in 2 weeks approx and gonna get that Turkish Netflix then hopefully.

Thanks a million. I have got a 7 day free trial for Surfshark and then went ahead and got the €2 subscription for this. Fingers crossed it will work, will try it for one of the matches later on today maybe and come back to edit the post to say how it went. Hopefully no issues streaming from phone to chromecast which is the real part I was worried about.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million. I have got a 7 day free trial for Surfshark and then went ahead and got the €2 subscription for this. Fingers crossed it will work, will try it for one of the matches later on today maybe and come back to edit the post to say how it went. Hopefully no issues streaming from phone to chromecast which is the real part I was worried about.

Apparently you can turn off the vpn once the stream has been cast to tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

I've been using Surfshark to watch SSport+ for the past month on the Firestick. There have been a few big games and it hasn't buffered once. Brilliant bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

I dont have a firestick or Chrome. Will this work off a laptop?

Also, does anyone know how F1 will be broadcast on this, will there be english commentary? I'm only reallly interested in Formula 1

ando wrote: »
    I dont have a firestick or Chrome. Will this work off a laptop?

Also, does anyone know how F1 will be broadcast on this, will there be english commentary? I'm only reallly interested in Formula 1

Yes works fine on a laptop
    F1 in english. We will have to see in a few weeks. They upload each race to be viewed afterwards but it's in turkish.

Could be in english live like they do with wrestling. Hopefully.

Yes works fine on a laptop
    F1 in english. We will have to see in a few weeks. They upload each race to be viewed afterwards but it's in turkish.

Could be in english live like they do with wrestling. Hopefully.

Is wrestling Eng comm only live? Might be hope yet for F1

Sitting here watching Burnley v Leicester in perfect quality, streaming from android phone to Chromecast having installed the Surfshark VPN on my phone. English commentary and I would guess only a few seconds behind. Unbelievable, hard to believe I was considering going for nowtv or sky sports earlier today. It was so simple. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Craig_David

I'm using Surfshark also and haven't had any issues.
    There's cashback available for Surfshark aswell which I utilised to enhance the bargain!
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/surfshark/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

Incredible bargain. Thanks a million to the OP.

The S Sports Plus app is also by far the best and most stable sports app I've ever used. It puts any offerings by the established broadcasters in this part of the world to shame. I have Sky Go with Sky Sports and BT but it's an absolute pain to use. This is light years ahead.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is wrestling Eng comm only live? Might be hope yet for F1

English and turkish when it's live. Was last time I checked anyway.

English and turkish when it's live. Was last time I checked anyway.

I didn't know that, I was wondering why you think F1 might have English comm live. I assumed everything live is also catch-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,109 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

watching the Palace v ManU match on it now, lord I wish I wasn't :pac:

loyatemu wrote: »
    watching the Palace v ManU match on it now, lord I wish I wasn't :pac:

I’m praying it freezes or buffers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Mav11

loyatemu wrote: »
    install the app (using apk) on your phone, with Google Pay also installed and setup.
    connect to the Turkish VPN, open the sports app and sign up, you should get Google Pay as an option then.

That sorted it out for me. Thanks Mav.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Sitting here watching Burnley v Leicester in perfect quality, streaming from android phone to Chromecast having installed the Surfshark VPN on my phone. English commentary and I would guess only a few seconds behind. Unbelievable, hard to believe I was considering going for nowtv or sky sports earlier today. It was so simple. Thanks for the recommendation!

Could disappear anytime though...Premier League won't allow this to continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

TimHorton wrote: »
    Could disappear anytime though...Premier League won't allow this to continue.

They are official broadcasters of the PL so it won't be disappearing. This isn't the same as iptv.

They are official broadcasters of the PL so it won't be disappearing. This isn't the same as iptv.

As Technology develops they will insist provider blocks VPN access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Don't be naive. enjoy it while you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Eventually it will be blocked, the same way Rugbypass blocked use of VPNs last year.

JPA wrote: »
    Don't be naive. enjoy it while you can.

I don't use it, have it as a backup to my regular sub because it's cheap. Been using Bein Sports on and off for years, PL might be getting better at shutting down dodgy iptv providers but limiting access to the official broadcasting partners, not so much.

• Advertisement

I don't use it, have it as a backup to my regular sub because it's cheap. Been using Bein Sports on and off for years, PL might be getting better at shutting down dodgy iptv providers but limiting access to the official broadcasting partners, not so much.

Why do you need a backup then? :confused:

TimHorton wrote: »
    Why do you need a backup then? :confused:

Because my regular sub is iptv. Reliable 90% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 the mahogeny gaspipe

how do you get english commentary on firestick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

how do you get english commentary on firestick?

When you have the match on toggle the menu button down and you will see the dialogue quote in the bottom left hand corner, click on it to change to English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Equium wrote: »
    The S Sports Plus app is also by far the best and most stable sports app I've ever used. It puts any offerings by the established broadcasters in this part of the world to shame. I have Sky Go with Sky Sports and BT but it's an absolute pain to use. This is light years ahead.

I've had every kind of service here and many of you know how reliable some of these are and my broandband speeds wouldn't be the fastest.

Zero buffering, not once has it stalled on me, outside of a sky sub nothing I've had runs smoother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Has anyone managed to set this up without an android device?

I have Apple devices and a fire stick. It won’t accept my revolut card on the website and using an android emulator isn’t an option as my only laptop is an office laptop.

Many thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 the mahogeny gaspipe

I just want to thank those who found this marvel. Even if it stopped now I have watched countless games for 2 euros. Massive bula bus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Spn744

johnfás wrote: »

I have Apple devices and a fire stick. It won’t accept my revolut card on the website and using an android emulator isn’t an option as my only laptop is an office laptop.

Many thanks !

Please note I have not done the below however I have downloaded the app with the below method.

You could try to change your IOS App Store country to Turkey by going into App Store/Country&Region settings. Type in an address in Turkey (google a post code for the area) add payment method, I think Apple Pay would bypass the geo lock but card or PayPal may work, if none of the previous do then you could always buy a iTunes gift card with the Turkish currency. Search SSport in the App Store and download, try to set up a subscription through the app. You also need to keep your store in Turkey to continue a subscription monthly so I would recommend doing this all on a less used iOS device.

Obviously the above is complicated and may not work, the easier way is if you have an android device. Is there any family or friends who would let you set up the initial subscription connected to your SSport account and payment details? If not then you could look on Adverts or DoneDeal for a cheap used android device such as searching the keywords “huawei” and other devices with low value handsets.

Option 3 if you have a Mac is to run a windows emulator through it and then download the android emulator onto that, this would be the most complicated method.

johnfás wrote: »

Many thanks !

Don’t think it’s possible, I had to borrow an android phone to set mine up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Trying to set this up, and im stuck on the payment part. I have the app, have it set up with google pay but i keep getting an error 'your transaction cannot be completed'.

Anyone any ideas?

EDIT: NVM i turned off the VPN as i was in the payments and clicked it and it went through and i got charged.. but its not recognising that i have a subscription when i sign in now :o

Shanee. wrote: »
    Trying to set this up, and im stuck on the payment part. I have the app, have it set up with google pay but i keep getting an error 'your transaction cannot be completed'.

Anyone any ideas?

EDIT: NVM i turned off the VPN as i was in the payments and clicked it and it went through and i got charged.. but its not recognising that i have a subscription when i sign in now :o

You sure your using the exact same google account to sign in as the one that got charged?

• Advertisement
Advertisement