Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PremierShip/F1/UFC/Liga/Bliga/NFL/NBA/CEV 2euro/month SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Nope, works like a perfect native app on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

For anyone who is interested in a smart tv app.

I just installed on my samsung tv. Had to change the app store settings. Few tutorials on YouTube show how to do it.

You lose the apps that you have now but you can reinstall the most popular ones like netflix and amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

j4vier wrote: »
    For anyone who is interested in a smart tv app.

I just installed on my samsung tv. Had to change the app store settings. Few tutorials on YouTube show how to do it.

You lose the apps that you have now but you can reinstall the most popular ones like netflix and amazon

You using it with a DNS for your TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

Hi everyone, im having trouble with payment and am looking for advice.

I registered an account on S Sport, I downloaded bluestacks, set vpn to turkey, downloaded the s sport apk, logged into google play, opened s sport app, logged in, clicked a locked item.
    I click annual pass, when i try to pay google says it cannot be completed. I tried with revolut or paypal through google pay and no luck.

Do I need to change my google play address to Turkey?

I registered an account on S Sport, I downloaded bluestacks, set vpn to turkey, downloaded the s sport apk, logged into google play, opened s sport app, logged in, clicked a locked item.
    I click annual pass, when i try to pay google says it cannot be completed. I tried with revolut or paypal through google pay and no luck.

No, it worked fine for me. When I clicked a locked item and then choose a pass, it opened up google play services popup for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I had a problem with google pay, my Google acc and revolut were in different countries. Doesn't need to be in Turkey though as long as your payment is setup correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Definitely going to give this a go! Does anyone know how many devices can this be used on at the same time? Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

blue-army wrote: »
    Definitely going to give this a go! Does anyone know how many devices can this be used on at the same time? Thanks

1, if I use my PC it logs me out of the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Sign up on the website on your Android device that has your Google play account and it should work then

Re cancelling monthly and going to annual. If you cancel the month, do you get the rest of the month and then wait until it expires and sign up to annual?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

Thanks. Checked everything, even signed up again with different address but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Would it work with the Getflix SmartDNS service? And how would one install the app on the new chromecast device?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Sounds good. Is all the sport they show available on Playback?. I ask because I usually watch UFC the next morning as can never stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

califano wrote: »
    Sounds good. Is all the sport they show available on Playback?. I ask because I usually watch UFC the next morning as can never stay up.

Yes, all UFC catchup is on it and all in English

Del007 wrote: »
    You using it with a DNS for your TV?

Nord vpn applied from the router

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Brian017 wrote: »
    Would it work with the Getflix SmartDNS service? And how would one install the app on the new chromecast device?

Nope it doesn't work on the Getflix SmartDNS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

j4vier wrote: »
    Nord vpn applied from the router

Would you know if that's possible on a sky router?

Also, does Netflix still work on the TV while using the DNS?

Cheers

Interestingly I compared a volleyball match that was on ssports and also on YouTube channel of volleyball TV. Appears to be exact same feed but ssports was far better smoothness even through a VPN. YouTube feed was perfect HD but smoothness of play wasn't there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

When I click the 17.99 monthly thing a pop up comes up that translates as google play store needs to verify account.

Any ideas what I need to do?

Del007 wrote: »
    Would you know if that's possible on a sky router?

Also, does Netflix still work on the TV while using the DNS?

Cheers

Generally it is not possible on supplier owned devices.

I have my vm router set to modem only and use an asus device as my router

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

mdwexford wrote: »
    When I click the 17.99 monthly thing a pop up comes up that translates as google play store needs to verify account.

Any ideas what I need to do?

I had to do this part on my phone (laptop would be the same I guess) rather than firestick. Added revolut to google pay, stick on VPN on phone, open app and paid. Then logged into firestick and worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Hey guys, wanted to try this out for my dad who would love to watch basketball (NBA) but all we have is a good o'l Chromecast..I take it from past comments that wouldn't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

camz09 wrote: »
    Hey guys, wanted to try this out for my dad who would love to watch basketball (NBA) but all we have is a good o'l Chromecast..I take it from past comments that wouldn't work?

I imagine with the Chromecast you would need ro

1. have the Turkey VPN running from the router and
    2. Static roots set up on the router. These stop the Chromecast looking up the Google DNS.

bromley52 wrote: »
    I imagine with the Chromecast you would need ro

1. have the Turkey VPN running from the router and
    2. Static roots set up on the router. These stop the Chromecast looking up the Google DNS.

Oh shoot, I don't know how to do any of that :/

What if watching through my laptop and using Turkey VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Oh shoot, I don't know how to do any of that :/

What if watching through my laptop and using Turkey VPN?

You could then connect your laptop to the TV with a hdmi cable, assuming that the laptop has a hdmi port

Yep. That, I have. I went on https://app.ssportplus.com/Account/Signup (on Turkish VPN) and I'm about to sign up but there doesn't seem to be an option for GooglePay so I still haven't pulled the trigger lol Will my Revolut work here?
    "
    EDIT: Revolut not working, it turns up this error message: " WireCard: NO MEMBER BUSINESS TRANSACTION PERMIT Error Code: 0570"
    Read OP

TheDriver wrote: »
    Read OP
    Yes, I have and the whole 34 pages of thread, too. I think it just won't work outside of using the apk provided and/or modifying your router to access the app as per OP. Also, I have a VirginMedia router and that doesn't seem to allow the static root method. Thanks anyway and apologies for clogging up the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Yes, I have and the whole 34 pages of thread, too. I think it just won't work outside of using the apk provided and/or modifying your router to access the app as per OP. Also, I have a VirginMedia router and that doesn't seem to allow the static root method. Thanks anyway and apologies for clogging up the thread.

install the app (using apk) on your phone, with Google Pay also installed and setup.
    connect to the Turkish VPN, open the sports app and sign up, you should get Google Pay as an option then.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

Chromecast won’t work because it recognises the Irish IP address only Apple TV works via airplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

loyatemu wrote: »
    install the app (using apk) on your phone, with Google Pay also installed and setup.
    connect to the Turkish VPN, open the sports app and sign up, you should get Google Pay as an option then.

Does it have to be through Revolut on google pay? I haven’t got revolute set up so was trying to pay and got the error message like above?

Advertisement