Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yep, it ain't coming at this stage. Mine got a delivery attempt scan at 5pm as clearly they weren't in a position to deliver it, but I did get it next working day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

DHL and Ups use German airports as European hubs.

Massive snowstorms have caused havoc in Germany and closed most airports.

I was expecting some items from China via DHL and got email saying to expect up to 3 days delay due to weather conditions.

I would assume ups is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Ups are still insisting it’s out for delivery. At 21:22pm :/ I’d be very impressed if it is delivered within the next hour, but it’s no doubt a delay tactic so they can close customer care and deliver next week.

It’s now saying it’s in Transit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I have a package left Stanford-Le-Hope January 22nd and no update since? Contacted the vendor and they said it's Brexit trouble. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭AndyOHart

Funny This thread pops up. I’m expecting a delivery today. Next day express delivery. UPS are claiming it will be delivered today yet it’s 20:13 right now. They work until 9pm apparently, but I’m not optimistic that a parcel that left Limerick 11 hours ago will be delivered here in Thurles at 20:13-21:00 so the c^*ts have deferred premium delivery I paid for

Haha oh brother, I rang UPS before making my label, and the rep told me I can use express saver and don't need an invoice as the backlog is too much for customs to handle so UPS will ship it directly to Ireland from the UK.
    I was delighted and made the label, no invoice, and paid for express delivery to get it the next day. That was in early January. My package is currently lost in Germany now apparently and waiting for them to find it.
    All the best with yours
    Driver just knocked at the door and told me what was owing and I paid him. Mine was €197 so I handed him €200 and told him to buy a coffee on the way home lol. If I understand you correctly, you bought it from a German seller, who had it shipped from the UK? I would imagine in that case you will be liable for import charges.

Yeah but the German seller doesn't matter anymore as they originally shipped to the UK accidently with DHL and wouldn't help me locate so I got UPS to collect. UPS said was in Stansted but the last scan was in Koeln, Germany, so not sure if I would owe money or not if its coming from Germany now?
    DHL and Ups use German airports as European hubs.

Massive snowstorms have caused havoc in Germany and closed most airports.

I was expecting some items from China via DHL and got email saying to expect up to 3 days delay due to weather conditions.

I would assume ups is similar.

I hope this is the reason my package didn't have a scan in over 3 days. Right now UPS are investigating my claim as lost, I really hope it isn't as I really want the item and if they loose it, I probably wont be able to buy a new one for ages as its sold out everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Interesting one for you guys.....

Mid January I got some headlights in from the UK, where I got hit with €35.91, no issue at all there.
    It was to be cash on delivery to the driver and there was a good looking import tax label etc on the box.

Just this evening I've received a letter from UPS saying that this money is overdue for 20 days and needs to be paid immediately, anyone seen this?

I've texts etc from the driver and stuff but very little else on this, will be ringing in the morning to see what the plan of action is!

YbFocus wrote: »

Mid January I got some headlights in from the UK, where I got hit with €35.91, no issue at all there.
    It was to be cash on delivery to the driver and there was a good looking import tax label etc on the box.

Just this evening I've received a letter from UPS saying that this money is overdue for 20 days and needs to be paid immediately, anyone seen this?

I've texts etc from the driver and stuff but very little else on this, will be ringing in the morning to see what the plan of action is!

When you ring UPS the first thing the auto answer machine says is they are investigating reports of fraudulent messages about unpaid claims, so be careful.

Email them. It's the only way. Send screen shots of texts.

Driver is meant to put cash in an envelope with details. Sometimes they get a figure wrong.

Be adamant that they must talk directly to the driver and review the drivers report from that day.

Thanks guys,

@Andy yep I just heard that one, got cut off after 11 mins for some reason.
    I don't have a text or a phone call as a scam it's a headed letter saying the delivery hadn't had it's import fees paid.

I'll try the email route as the phone doesn't seem to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Can anyone contact UPS?

I received a call today for a delivery that required charges, that I expected but it was 20-30% more than I expected (14 instead of 10 euro, tiny amount) so I asked the driver could he explain the charges/did he have a breakdown. He couldn't and said I'd have to pay cash at the door. I thought I'd pay by card as I don't have cash and handing cash over at the door seemed dodgy he said I could try call but they are difficult to get to answer. It all seemed dodgy so I said I'd call the office.

UPS are totally un-contactable and drop the line after 15 mins or so. The delivery drivers phone won't answer either. The package was marked as attempted delivery but no one was at the door. Should I drive down to the Finglas depot and try to pay/collect there? I'm not sure the driver took the package, it sounded like he was calling me from his house...

• Advertisement

FWIW the original seller https://www.digikey.ie/ said they cover all customs and duty charges and shipping was free for the order so I only expected to pay tax on a 50 euro order. I figured I could pay online before hand or something, this setup feels like the stone age.

Thanks guys,

@Andy yep I just heard that one, got cut off after 11 mins for some reason.
    I don't have a text or a phone call as a scam it's a headed letter saying the delivery hadn't had it's import fees paid.

I'll try the email route as the phone doesn't seem to work!

This is very interesting as I just got a letter today saying I owe money too 😂
    It said I owed 264 euro and it was 19 days overdue!
    I rang them and the lady said I wont have to pay it since the package is missing, and once my investigation is complete I will get an email saying i don't need to pay it.
    That doesn't sound right? I can't imagine UPS paying the import fees and such for Brexit. Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭tiegan

Well I bought prescription veterinary meds from a uk company, fully compliant with the new brexit vat/customs rules. Paid Irish VAT on order. UPS attempted to deliver today but were trying to charge me extra VAT of 34.38e and the UPS handling fee of 18.50e. I would not mind so much paying the extra vat and then trying to sort it with the company, but not paying the handling charge when the VAT was already paid. Also, the driver only takes cash but will not give a receipt. So you can ring and pay by phone and "apparently" they will then email you a receipt. That would be possible if they answered the phone. Unfortunately I need the meds urgently. The original order cost £538 including irish vat and shipping. So I cannot see how they could get a VAT charge of 34.38e from that. And I rang UPS and they said its definitely VAT not duty. When I finally got through to them.

I can't get over the fact they take cash at the door and provide no receipt. It's 2021 not 1987. Good work getting through to them. I had two phones ringing at the same time and couldn't get through to their billing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Gru

Got a delivery today via UPS from the uk, product was €24.95.

ordered yesterday delivered today, no extra VAT or charges...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭VG31

Gru wrote: »
    Got a delivery today via UPS from the uk, product was €24.95.

ordered yesterday delivered today, no extra VAT or charges...

Where did you buy it from?

VG31 wrote: »
    Where did you buy it from?

oh sorry. i bought from Apple and it shipped from Syncreon Technology in Hinckley uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭tiegan

I can't get over the fact they take cash at the door and provide no receipt. It's 2021 not 1987. Good work getting through to them. I had two phones ringing at the same time and couldn't get through to their billing at all.

Not sure if its any good to you but the two numbers I used were 01-4006906 which was the number to ring to pay online. Didn't get through on this one
    Courier also gave me another number for enquiries, this is 01-8581231, and I got a very helpful reply giving me a breakdown of VAT and UPS charges. And were able to tell me that it was definitely not duty.

oh sorry. i bought from Apple and it shipped from Syncreon Technology in Hinckley uk.

I would imagine that Apple are almost certainly registered for VAT in Ireland so that explains why there were no extra charges.

I would imagine that Apple are almost certainly registered for VAT in Ireland so that explains why there were no extra charges.

fair point but the speed i got it was unexpected too, i was waiting on another item with another courier for over a week also from the uk. Just said i'd post so at least people know some stuff is flying through,

• Advertisement

fair point but the speed i got it was unexpected too, i was waiting on another item with another courier for over a week also from the uk. Just said i'd post so at least people know some stuff is flying through,

They probably used UPS Express which is a next day service (or at least it's supposed to be but Brexit is delaying everything). I ordered something from Apple a few months ago and it arrived next day with DHL Express.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

They probably used UPS Express which is a next day service (or at least it's supposed to be but Brexit is delaying everything). I ordered something from Apple a few months ago and it arrived next day with DHL Express.

My delivery from Hollister was delivered today. It was meant to be delivered last Friday. Until they can actually fulfil next day delivery, express saver should be withdrawn. It wasn’t my typical Hollister order, this was a large box of clothing. I paid for next day delivery as the items were needed in a hurry for Saturday. I have gotten next day express deliveries at busier times like last Christmas. The driver just didn’t want to deliver. Funny coincidence that the neighbours only got their delayed deliveries from UPS today.

Can anyone contact UPS?

I received a call today for a delivery that required charges, that I expected but it was 20-30% more than I expected (14 instead of 10 euro, tiny amount) so I asked the driver could he explain the charges/did he have a breakdown. He couldn't and said I'd have to pay cash at the door. I thought I'd pay by card as I don't have cash and handing cash over at the door seemed dodgy he said I could try call but they are difficult to get to answer. It all seemed dodgy so I said I'd call the office.

UPS are totally un-contactable and drop the line after 15 mins or so. The delivery drivers phone won't answer either. The package was marked as attempted delivery but no one was at the door. Should I drive down to the Finglas depot and try to pay/collect there? I'm not sure the driver took the package, it sounded like he was calling me from his house...

No matter what delivery service is used the vat is on the cost of items PLUS the cost of delivery.

On top of that you have the administration charge of €10 - €15 (+vat) for customs entry.

Same applies in every country for items bought from the UK unless the seller is paying the vat and making the customs entry ( eg Amazon)

If paying cash, simply have the driver mark "paid" along with his name across the yellow taxes sticker and keep this sticker (it peels off)

My issue is resolved.

Remember I was sent a letter for €36 saying it's overdue. Despite having to pay cash on delivery of have the part returned!

When I finally got through to them they just waived it :confused:

Strange goings on.

Package marked as attempted delivery even though none was made (front door camera shows nothing and we've multiple people downstairs in the house). So I'm guessing driver can't be bothered to deliver, I guess I can try and get my money back via PayPal if they send it back as this is the second "attempt" (they've never been near the house).

Not sure if I should keep trying to chase the driver down via his mobile or not. He might be on another route today. What a shambles of a company. No phone is picked up. No attempt at delivery, nothing.

Can anybody confirm if having a package lost with UPS means they waive any import/invoice charges due? The lady on the phone told me this but I'm finding it hard to believe that if they find my package they will cover the import costs from UK

Finally got through and explained about the driver, was told they'd try to redeliver today and a case would be opened on the driver. 30 minutes later driver showed up in a sulk, took only part of the payment and headed off (he only missed 50c though, he just didn't want to be there), he was clearly annoyed.

I imagine he was reprimanded, if only he'd left the package as out for delivery instead of marking it as attempted delivery without making an effort. Obviously thought with the phones being in a mess he'd be OK. Had to try multiple different departments and called 30 times to get through, really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Finally got through and explained about the driver, was told they'd try to redeliver today and a case would be opened on the driver. 30 minutes later driver showed up in a sulk, took only part of the payment and headed off (he only missed 50c though, he just didn't want to be there), he was clearly annoyed.

I imagine he was reprimanded, if only he'd left the package as out for delivery instead of marking it as attempted delivery without making an effort. Obviously thought with the phones being in a mess he'd be OK. Had to try multiple different departments and called 30 times to get through, really annoying.

More likely that the driver is up to his fúcking eyeballs in work and didn't have time. You likely would have gotten it tomorrow. I really don't think people realise the pressure these drivers are under. Drivers are often given more stops than is possible to complete in a day. I've seen 100 stop routes loaded with 150 stops. Also I doubt the driver will face any sort of reprimand.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pdoherty

Hi all - I've received two invoices from UPS for an 'outstanding balance'. They look a bit dodgy. I tried calling UPS this morning but was on hold for 3 hours and got no response to my emails. The thing is, I did receive a 'high-value' item from the UK with UPS in January. However, neither invoice refers to that delivery. Also, from what I've heard, couriers charge you Brexit tax before they deliver the parcel. Has anyone encountered anything similar? Scam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Get the message via test? It's a scam.

Advertisement