Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breakfast Republic on 2fm thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

very true, anything hector does turns to sh$te, you would imagine rte would have realised that at this stage, jen maguire, is the most over rated, horrible person in there and not nearly as good looking as she thinks, dont know what people see in her, horrible, i think ruth scott is ok and will leahy and jenny greene, but tubbers is ridiculous, dont know anything about nicky byrne, colm hayes is a dose and a half and dave fanning is stuck in the 80's
    its hard to believe 2fm are still using the gerry ryan excuse, its like the whole station has fallen apart since he died and they keep using that as an excuse, firstly wasnt it bad management that a station was so hinged on one person and secondly its been 4 years its not a valid excuse anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Is Ireland new to bernard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

jezzer wrote: »
    very true, anything hector does turns to sh$te, you would imagine rte would have realised that at this stage, jen maguire, is the most over rated, horrible person in there and not nearly as good looking as she thinks, dont know what people see in her, horrible, i think ruth scott is ok and will leahy and jenny greene, but tubbers is ridiculous, dont know anything about nicky byrne, colm hayes is a dose and a half and dave fanning is stuck in the 80's
    its hard to believe 2fm are still using the gerry ryan excuse, its like the whole station has fallen apart since he died and they keep using that as an excuse, firstly wasnt it bad management that a station was so hinged on one person and secondly its been 4 years its not a valid excuse anymore

I assume you don't actually listen to the show then? considering the complete and utter hatred you have for another human being

i presume you are talking about jennifer maguire? i dont hate her as i dont know her, i am just saying that she comes across as a horrible person, a bit slimy, thinks a lot of herself, isnt very nice to others and i cant see any real talent there other than a hard neck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

i presume you are talking about jennifer maguire? i dont hate her as i dont know her, i am just saying that she comes across as a horrible person, a bit slimy, thinks a lot of herself, isnt very nice to others and i cant see any real talent there other than a hard neck

I'd tend to agree with you on all that. She's got a hard neck that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Are any of the mods looking at this thread? This is the radio forum. This thread is for discussing a radio programme. And it's just full of personal insults towards one of the presenters.

Anonymous digs at somebodies appearance and features have nothing to do with it and says more about the poster than anything.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

yeah come on mods, there's too much personal vitriol directed at Maguire here, while I'm no fan, this thread has stepped over the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

please use report post function. Keep this discussion to the radio show please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

And Dan Healy....surely thats a wind up???? he is purposely making a sh&te radio station even more sh&te???? is he mad or what? its not difficult to revamp a radio station, just follow 98's lead and bingo

Which is what exactly?

• Advertisement

if that stepping over the line is aimed at me, then you must be either jennifer maguire or related to her because i in no way personally insulted her, i merely stated how she comes across on television and radio and what my opinion of her is, i never said anything about her appearance only to say that she is not as good looking as she likes to think,

In relation to 98's lead, get the best high profile presenters in and create good shows...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

lufties wrote: »
    I know a lad from clontarf and he has a knacker accent.

Ah now leave Joe Duffy out of this.......:D:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

The show starts too late for me to listen to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

No Pants wrote: »

Fantastic input there...

No Pants wrote: »

You're very lucky. It's beyond awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

To be fair Joe Duffy is originally a Ballyfermot and crossed the Liffey to Clontarf.
    Brian O'Driscoll is from Clontarf. It's generally a plush enough area.

• Advertisement

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    To be fair Joe Duffy is originally a Ballyfermot and crossed the Liffey to Clontarf.
    Brian O'Driscoll is from Clontarf. It's generally a plush enough area.

I am aware of this, it's more a dig at Joe "man of the meople" Duffy and his inability to get through a show without mentioning that he lives in Clontarf, hence my :D:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Fantastic input there...
    Eh? This thread is asking for feedback or opinions on the show, correct? My specific feedback is that it starts an hour too late for me to listen to it. Judging by the traffic I meet on my commute, I'm not the only person who is listening to the radio before 07:00. So they are missing a lot of potential listeners for up to an hour.

I'm surprised that I needed to explain this. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

It sounds like three first year media students messing about in the studio. It's terrible stuff.
    2fm need to break the bank and bring Raymond Foley III back to the national airways.

Joe is Ballyfermot Afaik

Please Dan, take these three Idunnowhats off the air..i'm actually embarrassed for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

As far as I can see the only person who comes out of this show with any credit is Keith (can't think of his second name).
    He is the only real radio person among them.
    The other two are not suited to radio for more than 5 minute slots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Jason_

Im going to make a prediction, within the next 12 months the Nicky Byrne Show will move to breakfast time and Chris and Ciara will move to lunchtime, I also predict the Colm Hayes show will be changed to a more music less talk format.

i heard that they have keith bernard and jen lined up for next years itfas

Heard a few mins this morning in a taxi to the airport, it was awful. basically Jennifer telling everyone how awesome the IFTAs was - depite the fact that it was being panned everywhere else. And then to tell us about her encounters with A listers (lol) like Lorraine Keane. There was also a strange moment where she and Bernard were basically calling Colin Farrell a dryballs as he didn't feel the need to get sh*tfaced - AT THE IFTAs.....:rolleyes:

After a couple of minutes of back and forth with the taxi driver he eventually agreed that it was muck and changed station.

Re. a previous post on Keith being the only one of the three suited to radio - Keith's background is radio; though his "comedy" is more niche than mainstream. I used to listen to his and Joe Donnelly's Tea Time Xpress on the very early days oif Spin - that to me was the best work either did. He always struck me as someone who'd possibly be more suited to writing comedy rather than delivering it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Making jokes that a guy who has been through rehab didn't want to get drunk?

Genius

Making jokes that a guy who has been through rehab didn't want to get drunk?

Genius

I know! I found it very, very strange. I'm not one who's easily offended (in fact my friends would say I'm the one most likely to offend ) but I was just kind of embarrassed for them at the laziness of it all. I( think Ms. Maguire thought she was at the Oscars the way she was describing the IFTAs.

I've been to the IFTAs. It's a very long, very drawn out and generally boring night. I wouldn't be making a song and dance about it on National Radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

What's this bollox that is going on with telling the time in some random village in the country all the time? I must have missed the joke somewhere along the line.

What's this bollox that is going on with telling the time in some random village in the country all the time? I must have missed the joke somewhere along the line.
    That's bernard he has one joke and he has to spread it out over his entire contract.

I know! I found it very, very strange. I'm not one who's easily offended (in fact my friends would say I'm the one most likely to offend ) but I was just kind of embarrassed for them at the laziness of it all. I( think Ms. Maguire thought she was at the Oscars the way she was describing the IFTAs.

I've been to the IFTAs. It's a very long, very drawn out and generally boring night. I wouldn't be making a song and dance about it on National Radio.

I don't want to believe it but did some cringeworthy copycat take a 'selfie' at the iftas? OMG the embarrassment :o

The iftas is like a love in for massive Irish egos...I can just imagine all the fawning and fakeness around farrell and fassbender. I'm sure they're considered 'mates' now of every wannabe tom, dick and harry that attended.

As for jennifer maguire..ah here i won't even bother :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

if that stepping over the line is aimed at me, then you must be either jennifer maguire or related to her because i in no way personally insulted her, i merely stated how she comes across on television and radio and what my opinion of her is, i never said anything about her appearance only to say that she is not as good looking as she likes to think,

In relation to 98's lead, get the best high profile presenters in and create good shows...

I don't it's as easy as that... especially on a national level. You can't just throw money at a problem and fix it so easily. It looks like 98 have turned a corner but no guarnatees that it is going to work in the long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

oh jaysus this has to be taken off the air NOW!!!!!! its beyond embarrassing. is there anyone with any talent in RTE. No is the answer, pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I've switched to Today FM of an early morning. Ian Dempsey a real pro at work.

I've switched to Today FM of an early morning. Ian Dempsey a real pro at work.
    Dempsey is a total pro. I remember when he landed in Todayfm and he was in complete control from the first second.

What's getting really painful on 2fm now is the fact that the team are aware the show is dying and they are cracking jokes about it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭Sir Chops

Dempsey is a total pro. I remember when he landed in Todayfm and he was in complete control from the first second.

What's getting really painful on 2fm now is the fact that the team are aware the show is dying and they are cracking jokes about it...

Are they? What did they say? I can't listen to it any more. Almost missing the bogger. Almost....

Sir Chops wrote: »
    Are they? What did they say? I can't listen to it any more. Almost missing the bogger. Almost....

They mentioned a date in the future and jennifer said "if we're still here" and there was much mirth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Ian Wilson is the producer apparently.

From a pic on facebook today, it looks like Aonghus McAnally is.

Strange choice if it's him or Ian, thought someone younger would be.

Hopefully Aonghus will take over the show in a presenting role..:)

i heard that they have been told already that the show is being axed

Source?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭Sir Chops

No surprise. Whoever gave the ok to the steaming pile should also be axed. There is zero accountability in RTE.

• Advertisement

Sir Chops wrote: »
    No surprise. Whoever gave the ok to the steaming pile should also be axed. There is zero accountability in RTE.

Axed? They'll probably get promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

it should be dumped right away and we should all be zapped "men in black" style to forget that it ever even happened.

I feel sorry for Berocca sponsoring this muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Expunge

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    it should be dumped right away and we should all be zapped "men in black" style to forget that it ever even happened.

Or they could just use a revolver. :D

Lots of abuse on the facebook page....but it's not the usual abuse people get online...most of it comes from people who seemed to be die hard 2fm fans that seem to be really let down!

from facebook: (the one good quote)
    Bopping around the kitchen here yahoo..........it's alright it's alright....go jenjy east 17

• Advertisement

source is a friend of mine who is involved in the industry, obviously i cant confirm it but thats what i heard and i wouldnt be surprised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Jason_

Jezzer you seem a bit obsessed with attacking this breakfast show, Are you an ex 2fm dj with a chip on your shoulder ?

ha one of the nicer comments
    Typical RTE smart-alecky rubbish pandering to the "sophisticated" D4 audience.

source is a friend of mine who is involved in the industry, obviously i cant confirm it but thats what i heard and i wouldnt be surprised
    how involved in the industry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

i listened for a week and gave up when bernard did a 10min bit about pissing his pants in school....East coast radio since then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement