Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

gozunda wrote: »
    2ogzt6.jpg

You called? :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Home alone 2, what does that say about me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Home alone 2, what does that say about me?

Pennywise for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Pennywise for me

Oliver Twist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Rocky Horror Picture Show

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The worst witch, his finest hour

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

^^^
    what the

Mod note: GIF AND chat on YLYL?!? Surely, that's a paddling! Better move it to the chat thread, before someone notices...

alpha_centauri.png

I bet they wouldn't like Orion's Belt, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yikes, a lot of reposts. I am guessing they are the ones that look like this when I see them.

3JUanAp.png

• Advertisement

Don't know, TBH. Some of them are recent, some other were quite a few monthd old.

If you try to quote them (without actually posting anything), do you see thir URL?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm having a slow day, someone help me out please...
    Worztron wrote: »
    468335.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm having a slow day, someone help me out please...
    It's in the subject line of the post - "Ford Focus"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Harrison Ford focus(ing) on the task at hand...perhaps?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It's not particularly...........or even remotely funny but it is Harrison Ford focussing on an object - thus Ford Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Tis the season to be....

...reposting.

What happened that people are putting up lots of posts already posted?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭GBX

astrofluff wrote: »
    Tis the season to be....

...reposting.

What happened that people are putting up lots of posts already posted?

There's a few alright. But its like any social media, you get some people who will genuinely assume it hasn't been seen yet so post it anyway.
    And some will automatically go to the last post on a thread, then post without scrolling backwards.

This is probably the forum I most read on boards.ie and YLYL is the go to for a bit of craic. I'd rarely miss a meme/post. Perhaps I need to get out more. :pac:

Im the same .. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

New Home wrote: »
    Don't know, TBH. Some of them are recent, some other were quite a few monthd old.

If you try to quote them (without actually posting anything), do you see thir URL?

Tried doing that to see the pics, nope, unfortunately still blank.

• Advertisement

Soldering Iron repost, that one dates back to the 1980s, probably been reposted every year since. ;)

Suckit wrote: »
    Tried doing that to see the pics, nope, unfortunately still blank.

I'll PM you later from my computer with some ideas.

tGPteLS.jpg

This problem in everyday life! When I read anything on email lately, I really do need people to be more specific about what they mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

Soldering Iron repost, that one dates back to the 1980s, probably been reposted every year since. ;)

Hmm I am avid fan of YLYL and have no recollection of the soldering iron being posted previously............. but the gods have spoken so it law............

If you didn't have a life, you'd remember it, too. ;)

New Home wrote: »
    If you didn't have a life, you'd remember it, too. ;)
    :D but I can say in my defence that I used to work in the electronics industry and can remember that picture appearing in a trade magazine, along with a number of jokes.

The image was originally in a careers advice promotion campaign, in around 1985.

:D but I can say in my defence that I used to work in the electronics industry and can remember that picture appearing in a trade magazine, along with a number of jokes.

The image was originally in a careers advice promotion campaign, in around 1985.

I didn't mean to pick on you, DB - I was the one who edited it as a repost in the first place, sooo... "Dear Santa, I've been boringly good, could I please have a soldering iron, a life, and a surprise?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭roosterman71

deise08 wrote: »
    This photo is captured by Chinese satellite with 24.9 billion pixels of quantum technology. You can zoom in and even see the faces of the pedestrians.
    http://sh-meet.bigpixel.cn/?from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0&fbclid=IwAR0SziwBR3h7MrWai362139GMm9EapLh-6BD9updZUMeK2cThRBgAG3XpxE

By satellite? Angles and what not don't really add up here. If you drag the picture around, you can look up at the tops of buildings above you.

360 technology?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭roosterman71

GBX wrote: »
    360 technology?

Maybe, but not on a satellite. I reckon this picture was taken up high using 360 on a building/drone or something. Unreal quality though, and that is pretty savage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement