Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Get some of those 3D glasses you get at the cinema and look at your self in a mirror.

Don't get what is so amazing about that gif

Now close one eye...

Most mornings without 3D glasses and I don't like what I see!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If I close both I become invisible! Did you know that?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

New Home wrote: »
    If I close both I become invisible!

“A towel, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value.

You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta;

you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors;

you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat;

wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-boggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you);

you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Excuuuuse meeee! I'm not a Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal!! Do you not recognise a Vogon when you meet one?? Shall I recite some of my poetry to you to prove it?

I've no idea what you're all talking about but the answer's 42

• Advertisement

"To be, or not to be". THAT is the question. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

My brain is the size of a planet

Don't panic, Ganmo, you'll be grand.

I think I subscribed to the philosophy thread by accident, get me outta here

No, it's just a temporary branch of this forum here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No, it's just a temporary branch of this forum here.
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

As a superintelligent pan-dimensional being. Ive only one thing to say here - 'squeak' ...

:D

FYP

The Cuckoo's Nest? You're truly for the birds, CM. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Excuuuuse meeee! I'm not a Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal!! Do you not recognise a Vogon when you meet one?? Shall I recite some of my poetry to you to prove it?

Scruggy?
    Ah, my Scuggy, is it drooping?
    By thy hoarded store I tell;
    By thy little nuts unscoopen,
    Much I fear, thou art not well.

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

FYP

I just flew over that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"To be, or not to be". THAT is the question. :pac:

No no - that's the pencil.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Wilberto wrote: »
    I just flew over that post.

Wil, get out! :mad: You're not helping! :mad:

:pac::pac::pac::D:D:D

Moving SWIFTly along....

gozunda wrote: »
    inspirational-sea-otter-meme-is-it-just-me-or-is-this-hilarious-a-border-collie-being-and-otter.jpg

One of these things is not like the otters...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

L'Otters are not afraid.

How many of you read that in an 'Allo 'Allo type French accent. I know I did. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ManCityFan01

11yap9.jpg Jesus would ya look at the time! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Definitely a Cool Thread picture :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Bubble should read "between UB39 and UB41".

Bubble should read "between UB39 and UB41".
    A P45 is what you get when you lose your job, the UB 40 gets you the dole after you've lost your job.

P45 comes first ;)

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Definitely a Cool Thread picture :D:D

That is totally out there amazing

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

kilogram.png
    Eh?

It's making "metric" people feel how "imperial" people do when they're told they should switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

It's making "metric" people feel how "imperial" people do when they're told they should switch.
    I thought it was because it wouldn't make things simpler and it would have a huge knock on effect to everything else that has mass as part of its definition.

Eh?
    It's topical

Don't you know that the original kilogram weigh is being given it's P45 because it's being redefined in terms of electricity. (it makes sense in context)

Also while there are several weights called pound Avoirdupois/Troy/Imperial/etc. none are 1Kg in mass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It's topical

Don't you know that the original kilogram weigh is being given it's P45 because it's being redefined in terms of electricity. (it makes sense in context)

Also while there are several weights called pound Avoirdupois/Troy/Imperial/etc. none are 1Kg in mass.

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement