Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Jaysus, I almost want Russo back. My morbid curiosity wants to know how he'd squander Ronda.

Kilt/Skirt on a pole match

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When will we get a shield reunion once again and all this burning the vests will be forgotten about ???

Imo it will happen when Reigns comes back in a few years but they can avoid it if they move Rollins and Ambrose to separate brands

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

No more Shield reunions. The last few haven't exactly matched their original run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    No more Shield reunions. The last few haven't exactly matched their original run.

in fairness most of them have been scurpered by injury, illness or romans cancer (still seems odd saying that)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

T-shirts to be sold of course there will be a Shield reunion.

As there will be at least two more DX reunions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sky88 wrote: »
    in fairness most of them have been scurpered by injury, illness or romans cancer (still seems odd saying that)

Poor reasons for them getting back together wont have helped either

The only real reason they should have ever had a reunion is if there was another 3 man group near the top of the card that looked unstoppable and unbeatable, not to fight Miz and his lackeys the 1st time, or to keep the title on Roman the 2nd time

It can’t happen now with Roman away but imagine if the Undisputed Era came up and were treated as big a deal ad they were in NXT, there’s a grouping that could rival The Shield

T-shirts to be sold of course there will be a Shield reunion.

As there will be at least two more DX reunions.

DX, they just need to go away PERIOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

With all the stuff promoting the women's evolution surely there's a case to push a male character as an out of touch scumbag who constantly sh!ts on the women's division. It wouldn't even have to be a continual thing... just push it for a while then drop it if things get too messy. The potential heat that could create...
    This came into my head thinking about how I'd try to burn Becky Lynch with her I'm the man catchphrase... To be the man, you have to beat the man...
    Becky should be more worried about how to feed the man...
    They should definitely push something like that. Makes it easy for the face too, defending Becky's(Or Women in general) honor.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure then they would just have Steph slap him in the face and that would be it. Though Ellsworth was kinda like that with all but Carmella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

I thought cruiserweights belonged to Raw.

• Advertisement

I was thinking along the lines of somebody who would be seen as clearly physically superior, to the point the women wouldn't want to take them on in a fight.
    You got me on Stephanie though, in fairness when I think about stuff that might be cool or could work well she doesn't really cross my mind. Haha!

Just some random guy getting fed up, much like Seth's promo on Raw.. except blame the women for stealing valuable air time etc.. Just see it being universally hated by everybody, in the good kinda way. But yeah sure wwe, they'd probably balls it up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

With intergender being all the rage now, a well done Andy Kauffman style gimmick could be great, travelling around challenging each territory’s top women. Ellsworth did it for a while but like...Ellsworth.

In WWE, I’d see it playing out like Kevin Nash with the X Division: it’d get the man over but would cut too deep, too quickly and ultimately hurt the division.

leggo wrote: »

In WWE, I’d see it playing out like Kevin Nash with the X Division: it’d get the man over but would cut too deep, too quickly and ultimately hurt the division.

Don't know much about that angle, I haven't really watched much tna, but I think I get what you're saying. It would play out badly if the women were buried.
    In my halfwit idea, there'd be no physicality between the men and women, just somebody using it as a means to get heat to springboard a push on the mens roster.
    The mixed tag challenge aside, there's hardly ever much interaction between the different sexes on each show.
    I think overall integrating women and men into storylines together, like the mixed tag challenge to an extent, will go a long way to making people see the women's division as being just part of the show. As opposed to the way they are promoting it now as this sparkly new toy they just found out existed.
    And if heels are suppose to be pricks, why not to the opposite sex too. It just all makes sense to me.

Anyway glad I posted the random thought, will try to contribute a bit more I'm always reading posts regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Becky Lynch Chronicle on the network makes you love her even more. It's easy to see why the fans are behind her when you see her talking. She's clearly a nice person.

I would be curious to see how Buddy Murphy would do on the main roster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,286 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Do the International commentary teams introduce Cole and Graves to there audiences when the do a tour of the commentary teams on PVV’s?

If not what’s the point of them being introduced to us on the English language version.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lads is Raw not on Sky this week for some reason? I can't find it on the planner at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Necro wrote: »
    Lads is Raw not on Sky this week for some reason? I can't find it on the planner at all...

Consider yourself lucky, that's Sky's Xmas present to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Necro wrote:

It's on sky sports mix. It's in the 100's on Sky, it was moved for the Christmas period. I think cause of the darts on Sky Sports Arena.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Omackeral wrote:
    Consider yourself lucky, that's Sky's Xmas present to you.

:pac: I'm off for a few days so was gonna give it the first ten mins

World Darts Championships > RAW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the thought that Vince thinks putting himself and his family front and centre of both shows is going to improve ratings and is exactly what fans want to see.

YOU'RE ALL A PACK OF **** VINCE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the thought that Vince thinks putting himself and his family front and centre of both shows is going to improve ratings and is exactly what fans want to see.

YOU'RE ALL A PACK OF **** VINCE

The reaction they all got will only strengthen the thoughts that putting the McMahons front and centre is a good thing, it's been going on for most of the last 20 years and I don't see it ending any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The ratings went up by 400,000 for Raw, a 3 month high. So there must be something in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah like it or not when it comes to WWE, the McMahon’s are the main characters.

leggo wrote:
    Yeah like it or not when it comes to WWE, the McMahon’s are the main characters.

Probably cause they are made to look like someone unique, stars. Stephanie doing her Mother Hen thing the other night while all the women got in line and accepted her judgement with glee. Becky the rebellious, hottest act in the company and Charlotte didn't talk back to Vince they just stood there accepted his call for Naomi and sat at ringside to watch.
    When talent are made to look like regular interchangeable employees no different from the fans themselves it doesn't help them stand out. Add in the company's dreadful handling of basically anyone but Rousey it's not a surprise house shows & ratings suck. Smackdown was up this week but about half as much as Raw although I have other suspicions of there dropped ratings tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think Nakamura is a big main roster bust, maybe the biggest considering the hype for him.

Started off the year winning the Rumble so big things were expected and all that happened was a feud with AJ that was supposed to light up the place and have the internet going wild but it devolved into a lot of ball-shots and bang average matches, one being at Wrestlemania. Then a totally forgettable US title run. I'm trying to remember his highlights but only a great match with Cena comes to mind.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think Nakamura is a big main roster bust, maybe the biggest considering the hype for him.

Like a lot of guys he's settled down and this run has basically been an earner to him, working a far less demanding style and getting well paid for it. I view him much the same as Balor in the sense their best may be behind them as they are both closer to 40 than 30 although I feel Finn tries harder. Comparing Shinsuke's year to how refreshed Tanahashi as a character got in 2018 is utterly embarrassing, that's not even going into their in-ring performances.
    A lot of lads in WWE have their feet up for years and aren't looking for more than what they have a cushy gig, a usually unmemorable year and in some cases being paid to be there rather than elsewhere. I think that's why WWE put the rocket on Lynch she clearly wanted it while others mope about and do nothing about their position. The NXT roster I get the feeling most aren't in a rush about going to the main roster and really if you struggle with that challenge are you ever going to be "The Guy". Austin, Foley, Rock, HHH and others joined in the mid 90's where the creative was out of touch and equally horrible but they still backed themselves to be a success and I get the feeling most are happy being "worker ants" as I seen it being put lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The point about some wrestlers in WWE having their feet up is a good if regrettable situation. I mean in WWE even the non used people on the roster, it's a case of keep the head down and more than likely you'll make good money.

The attitude era there was a viable competitor(even if WCW were spending money like a drunken sailer) who pushed them to make a better product, although watching back now with hindsight the in ring product could be rough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement