Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow / Ice warning Mon 21 pm to Tues 22 Jan 2019

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Some showers going to bed last night in Sligo Town. Only remains are whats in the corners of kerbs and walls, and resting on the windscreen wipers. Some coverings of the hills and surround mountains. Very cold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,032 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Thaw underway on Monaghan-Fermanagh border.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

A few photos, about 5 cms, thought there would be more but the showers were fairly few, there was slightly more the other night.

Been out down to Ballyfarnon and there is snow down to approx 150 M.

Don't think it will last very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Galtees this morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Galtees this morning

Nice picture of Galtymore. Keep them coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Belfast Aldergrove went from 3°c at 15:20 to 0°c and snow at 15:50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

My sister just sent me a video of snow at Heathrow. Snow to our east, snow to our west, here I am stuck in the middle with.........clear sky’s in Co Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Lashing snow in London right now. Wife is over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭highdef

It must be very borderline - Was looking at the Abbey Road cam a few moments ago and it was just plain old rain falling.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

My sister just sent me a video of snow at Heathrow. Snow to our east, snow to our west, here I am stuck in the middle with.........clear sky’s in Co Meath.

Hopefully we will finally get some white gold in about 10 days time (and that the Isle of Man shadow doesn't plague us too much).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Decent bit of snow in Letterkenny all afternoon, seems to be a streamer stuck on top of us for the past few hours. Certainly a lot more than I expected, thought once the sun came up this morning that'd be the end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

heavy snow Banbridge/Newry area, side roads treacherous, just made home by different route,

Snow: Travel disruption in Northern Ireland
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46965909

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

A few photos, about 5 cms, thought there would be more but the showers were fairly few, there was slightly more the other night.

Been out down to Ballyfarnon and there is snow down to approx 150 M.

Don't think it will last very long.

Your pics are of the Winter Wonderland we dream of , stunning .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Coming down thick and fast in Letterkenny still, struggling to accumulate to much but I'd call it more than a 'dusting' at this point, good cover on all surfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Palmfield City (Mayo/Roscommon border) this morning:

471061.jpg

471062.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭highdef

joujoujou wrote: »
    Palmfield City (Mayo/Roscommon border) this morning:

471061.jpg

471062.jpg

Looks like you are literally a few tens of metres above the snow line in the second photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

That's where co. Sligo begins. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Nothing out here except a wee frill of snow by the dwelling base, and less on the mountains than there was in October. #

A few deafening hail showers; this dwelling is aluminium and the noise on the roof!

Bitter nasty cold

Advertisement