Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow / Ice warning Mon 21 pm to Tues 22 Jan 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭pauldry

Heavy hail in Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,227 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

kittyn wrote: »
    How desperate have we become that we are posting about the odd snow showers here and there ��

No more than any other year. Are memories really that short?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Snowing lightly here now.

South Sligo
    90m asl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Sleet in South Laois

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

A band of snow around athboy seems to be stalling, will it have enough umph to push eastwards ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    A band of snow around athboy seems to be stalling, will it have enough umph to push eastwards ?

been watching that band, it seems to be breaking up quickly now, doubt it will even make it as far as south Meath or Dublin. I'm not expecting anything from this event so if there are a few snowflakes on the bin lid in the morning that will be a bonus.

Gonzo wrote: »
    been watching that band, it seems to be breaking up quickly now, doubt it will even make it as far as south Meath or Dublin. I'm not expecting anything from this event so if there are a few snowflakes on the bin lid in the morning that will be a bonus.

Seems to be moving a bit more NE looks as thought balbriggan or drogheda May see a few flurries

Seems to be moving a bit more NE looks as thought balbriggan or drogheda May see a few flurries

Wishful thinking imo, I'd say it'll soon die a death before reaching the greater Dublin area at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Just looked out the window to see everything blanketed in white in Letterkenny, thought it was just a hail shower but side windows on the car are covered so must have been some snow in the mix.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Wishful thinking imo, I'd say it'll soon die a death before reaching the greater Dublin area at all.

More or likely your right . Just for fun, we’ll see

• Advertisement

The band has broke into 3 . Gonzo your not far from a few flurries seems to be some popping up around trim? Still that small blob endging towards julianstown

Perhaps a few showers will be more aggressive later, however the rate of the death of that one really spelled it out.

I'm not sure how we'll fare here in Galway City, but I doubt it will be very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Can i just say we just got a flurry from that broken up cloud here in my area of meath, i can count the flakes that fell on the roof of the car, trust me lads, its nothing to get excited by.

Sky is clear now, think the roads will be slippy in the morning

Can i just say we just got a flurry from that broken up cloud here in my area of meath, i can count the flakes that fell on the roof of the car, trust me lads, its nothing to get excited by.

Sky is clear now, think the roads will be slippy in the morning

LMAO i think these northwesterlies are going to be a real killer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Fairly belting it down here in Virginia. Not expecting it to stick around.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not a single flake has made it here, so going to call it a night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭lolie

First half decent snow shower this winter.
    The ground is not cold enough for it to stick though.
    Roads will be lethal if it clears up and freezes later.
    S cavan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

Nothing in lucan, west Dublin. No rain or wind even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

A balmy +4°c in Limerick with heavy rain. Lowest it got was 2°c at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭the2hurdys

Snowing in Limerick city now not sticking....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

the2hurdys wrote: »
    Snowing in Limerick city now not sticking....

Jaysus I'm 10 miles out the city and its raining heavily, not sleet, wet rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭the2hurdys

Stopped again twas very brief!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Very little frost in the Curragh over night. Much heavier yesterday morning. The drive to work this morning was 1c compared to -3 yesterday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭rn

We got the lightest dusting of snow overnight in West athlone. I can nearly count the flakes on the car. Hasn't stuck on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

horrible sleety mess here in tipp, miserable morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Sleeting here on the tipp/Kilkenny border. Ground is soaked but thankfully it doesn’t seem to have froze overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Frost was better yesterday. Very thin coating. It looked like it rain during the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Black ice can form in these marginal conditions, especially where skies clear around sunrise to 0930h, don't assume conditions on the road will be what you encountered in your own parking space -- temperatures at many stations are reported as either 0 or 1, so there will be patchy ground frost. Also some of the mixed wintry showers may be briefly heavy and obscure visibility on the roads as well as leaving a slippery surface. Would suggest leaving extra time for any journeys today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Only rain/sleet in cork city. No ice on the cars, everything's just wet and cold. The worst kind of weather!

Edit: dad just told me the cars were heavily frosted until 5ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

A light dusting at Mullameen (near Finea) 400 feet asl. Once we came down from the hills there was nothing.

C635

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Cold and wet here in Celbridge. Knock is reporting a covering of 1 cm and it's currently snowing lightly at 07.30. Sleet at Cork Airport..

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MarkHenderson

Another inaccurate forecast. Damp and warm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Artane2002

What do you forecast then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Timfy

We have a dusting on the mountains here in Leenane, North Co Galway but min temp at (just above) sea level is currently 4.7c with a little bit of sleety drizzle.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

1 degree and sleeting/rain in cork city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Cold and wet here in Celbridge. Knock is reporting a covering of 1 cm and it's currently snowing lightly at 07.30. Sleet at Cork Airport..

Or in other words Atlantic muck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

A smattering here and a snowfall at the moment. It's cold.

South Sligo
    90m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Sleet has turned to snow here in north Cork, dusting on the grass.

1.6 DegC, 83% Humidity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I would suggest if you read back through the thread this is exactly as forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

irishfeen wrote: »
    Sleet has turned to snow here in north Cork, dusting on the grass.

Sleety rain where I am near Mallow. Cold and miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

light dusting of snow SW donegal -0.3 92m ASL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Kutebride

All calm and cold in Meath. I didnt think there was frost when I looked out but when went to drive had to defrost the windscreen. Yesterdays frost was a white out, this morning couldnt see it on first glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

A dusting on the grass is all we've gotten overnight in Letterkenny, snowing at the moment but melting on contact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Light scattering here last night, now gone

North cork , limerick border.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

And where is here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Nothing in lucan, west Dublin. No rain or wind even

We weren't expecting anything in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,949 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Complete covering here on the Monaghan/Fermanagh border. Snowing heavy again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

Complete covering here on the Monaghan/Fermanagh border. Snowing heavy again now.

Show off :D enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

The hills near me here in Tipp are all white at the top, so snowline was about 300m asl around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Heavy sleet/wet snow shower ongoing in athenry

• Advertisement
Advertisement