Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should the next Ultimate Tournament be?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Oh look. Some shìt under my shoe.

These threads have changed you :eek:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Would definitely appreciate a good break before the next one. I got so much hate out between the last 2 that I've started to become a nicer person. Very unbecoming of me apparently...

There will be a break friends, gotta make ya's want it. A few very complacent and unappreciative people in the last one.

These threads have changed you :eek:

;)

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Omackeral wrote: »
    There will be a break friends, gotta make ya's want it. A few very complacent and unappreciative people in the last one.

Familiarity breeds contempt

Oh look. Some shìt under my shoe.

Steady on- I wasn’t trying to insult you, I was just trying to describe you :)

• Advertisement

Steady on- I wasn’t trying to insult you, I was just trying to describe you :)

I was insulting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Bars, and cakes, were already covered in the “biscuit” tournament.

Whomever sets up the next tournament criteria of what constitutes, say, a “retro sweet” should be established before voting commenced. Things like “golf balls”, which are chewing gum, should not be eligible.

Mods should be welcome in the thread but should, perhaps, leave their awful brand of lame “humour” outside and just give a vote. Familiarity, does indeed, breed contempt. Terrible attempt a “jokes” does so even faster.

Finally, the poster who decides to run the tournament should, also, remain outside of the general “chat”. Leave the “banter” to those who are engaged in the competition. This poster should, also, not be eligible to vote, unless in the event of a, required, tie breaker.

The two previous threads, while truly excellent, were dogged with “unfunny” mods trying way too hard, to the point of sheer embarrassment and a tournament “curator” losing the run of himself and descending into pure paranoid fantasy.

Thank you for your time.

I was insulting you.

So, stupid and boring. Now we’re getting somewhere

So, stupid and boring. Now we’re getting somewhere

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,347 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Yes, but it's also stressful to take insults from people who don't really know you. As bad as attending a family reunion.

That's the best part, the bittersweet agony when someone hurls an exquisitely expressed insult that you know can't be adequately rebuffed.

It's not personal, but you do get invested in the mud slinging.

:)

I see Leg End Reject lives up to his name too- guess you guys are feasting on Tatyo crisps and hob nobs right now

cigarettes1.jpg

That's the best part, the bittersweet agony when someone hurls an exquisitely expressed insult that you know can't be adequately rebuffed.

Oh go get a room with Persepoly and bore her to death :rolleyes:

Its personal but only to the products being debated. Allow me to be the first to say cars are not a good idea. Not personal enough, it doesn't dive deep into your childhood brain and stir something.

My next one will certainly tick those boxes Deebles, don't worry.

This might be of interest to some, hit the media yesterday from Co Antrim.

Deep. Fried. Jaffa Cakes.

PRC_86136630.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

A very tasteless, shallow and utterly vacuous vote to determine best looking woman.
    Ever.

The MBWITW 1/2 thread is a mess with nettles interspersed with mint; Tatto'd instagrammers shoving their arsë in the mirror sullying the occaisonal photo of Michelle or Kate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

PRC_86136630.jpg

Nordies. You couldn’t be up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Nordies. You couldn’t be up to them.

They do love a bit of Orange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

PRC_86136630.jpg

Place in Ballycotton flogging deep fried mars bars, snickers, Oreos and what ever else you fancy.
    Totes rank

• Advertisement

I have a few unexpected days off so was wondering is there an appetite for a new tournament or is the last one still too fresh in the memory? I have the subject selected and everything. Could do it this week or maybe next month.

I'm still hungover so it would be next month for me. Alas, I am but one c*nt in a sea of c*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I have a few unexpected days off so was wondering is there an appetite for a new tournament or is the last one still too fresh in the memory? I have the subject selected and everything. Could do it this week or maybe next month.

Don't ask them!
    They'll fight over it regardless.

Suggestion for a new rule.
    No poster with mackerel in their username -except your good self- is allowed to post here, neither the time nor the plaice, there was too much cod acting last time around.

We'll let you get your thread ready and all the images in a roe, and then we'll tuna in.
    Thank you, Omackeral

Don't ask them!

No poster with mackerel in their username -except your good self- is allowed to post here, neither the time nor the plaice, there was too much cod acting last time around.

We'll let you get your thread ready and all the images in a roe, and then we'll tuna in.
    Thank you, Omackeral

Shut up.

I'm still hungover so it would be next month for me. Alas, I am but one c*nt in a sea of c*nts.

Yeah that's probably similar for myself to be honest. I'll do up the list over the next month anyway and have it ready to go in early November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Don't ask them!

Thank you, Omackeral

Damn your Sole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I would contribute to these puns but I consider myself a bit too sofishticated for that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Yeah that's probably similar for myself to be honest. I'll do up the list over the next month anyway and have it ready to go in early November.

November is the job.

For the sad bast'ds out there who thought Monster Munch were the best crisps/snacks, you can spend your sad lives watching how they're made tonight on a new series on Channel 4 @ 9.15pm all about great British snacks- can't wait for the Bacon Fries episode :pac:

Snackmasters:

https://www.channel4.com/tv-guide?intcmp=watch_live_page_now_next_tv_guide

• Advertisement

Next list is drawn up fellas and girls. 60 odd names in the hat......

Advertisement