Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should the next Ultimate Tournament be?

Options
  • 13-09-2019 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

What should be the subject of the next Ultimate Tournament ?

See poll

What should the next Ultimate Tournament be 40 votes

Retro Sweets
    82% 33 votes
    Fizzy Drinks
    7% 3 votes
    Beer
    0% 0 votes
    Spirits
    10% 4 votes
    Bars (the edible kind)
    0% 0 votes
    F*ck Omackeral
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Voted f*ck Omackeral myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Ah, now beer is an interesting one. That has the potential to be as bile-inducing as the crisp thread. I already have like 20 insults for anyone who drinks Bud.

Actually, Bud would win wouldn't it? Plebs.

Should of added fish while snidely leaving out Mackerel

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No some stupid hipster bogwater craft beer would win most likely.

Most people would be bored after the first couple of round after the bigger brands get voted out by the hipsters and you're then left with only 5 or 6 who actually know what they're:

A) voting for.
    B) talking about.

I'd probably not take part unless craft beer was banned tbh because I can already predict the result:pac:

I’d like to see a competition for best meal.

Bacon & Cabbage with floury spuds

Fish fingers, chips & spaghetti hoops

Steak, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, mash & pepper sauce

Sausage, mash & beans

I’m hungry

• Advertisement

To be honest whatever the topic it'll end up with one poster talking about fisting/feltching/anally assaulting someone else's mother/daughter/granny.

Maybe favourite fetish should be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Bars, and cakes, were already covered in the “biscuit” tournament.

Whomever sets up the next tournament criteria of what constitutes, say, a “retro sweet” should be established before voting commenced. Things like “golf balls”, which are chewing gum, should not be eligible.

Mods should be welcome in the thread but should, perhaps, leave their awful brand of lame “humour” outside and just give a vote. Familiarity, does indeed, breed contempt. Terrible attempt a “jokes” does so even faster.

Finally, the poster who decides to run the tournament should, also, remain outside of the general “chat”. Leave the “banter” to those who are engaged in the competition. This poster should, also, not be eligible to vote, unless in the event of a, required, tie breaker.

The two previous threads, while truly excellent, were dogged with “unfunny” mods trying way too hard, to the point of sheer embarrassment and a tournament “curator” losing the run of himself and descending into pure paranoid fantasy.

Thank you for your time.

The tide is turning…

Sausage, mash & beans

I think I speak for us all when I say I'm already looking forward to your description on this one ;)

dinorebel wrote: »
    Maybe favourite fetish should be an option.

900d9353172b4ff902d1ed69c17f727276f75d2a3f8a174d709ca4f5c6e82cd7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Actually, Bud would win wouldn't it? Plebs.

No it wouldnt but Heiniken would win. I like a few craft beers but the fact is there's no craft beer popular enough to win.

Of course Guinness is not a beer so it should not be included but as this is after hours it will be included

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Greyfox wrote: »
    Of course Guinness is not a beer so it should not be included but as this is after hours it will be included

If you’re including lagers you’d be including stouts and ales.

The tide is turning…

If you’re including lagers you’d be including stouts and ales.

And 7Up for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I’d like to see a competition for best meal.

Bacon & Cabbage with floury spuds

Fish fingers, chips & spaghetti hoops

Steak, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, mash & pepper sauce

Sausage, mash & beans

I’m hungry

Best meal, and you're listing that pile of ****e? Floury spuds are an abomination to begin with. Waxy's yer man instead of biting into a ball of dust.

Fish fingers - are you 7?

Tomatoes with the steak? Fúck that. The rest is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

These ultimate tournaments should only be done once every six months at most. It'll get a bit old quickly if we have thread every week full of people calling each other **** puppets and cum socks over their preferences trivial food stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Greyfox wrote: »
    No it wouldnt but Heiniken would win. I like a few craft beers but the fact is there's no craft beer popular enough to win.

Carlsberg hands down. And yes , what constitutes a beer needs to be laid out from the start

cjmc wrote: »
    Carlsberg hands down. And yes , what constitutes a beer needs to be laid out from the start

Well, if you're getting into Constitution, Carlsberg is out. pi$$

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Rubber ducky power lifting

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

gerrybbadd wrote:
    Well, if you're getting into Constitution, Carlsberg is out. pi$$

Especially since they changed to that Pilsner tack. Take paint off a gate that stuff would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Cider > Beer which makes the whole best beer thing pointless

These ultimate tournaments should only be done once every six months at most. It'll get a bit old quickly if we have thread every week full of people calling each other **** puppets and cum socks over their preferences trivial food stuff.

It does take it out of you. Better to have a break in between for sure.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    Cider > Beer which makes the whole best beer thing pointless

Ah, a brown bag connoisseur i see! And is it Devils Piss or Scrumpy you prefer to drink in the park, in the middle of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ah, a brown bag connoisseur i see! And is it Devils Piss or Scrumpy you prefer to drink in the park, in the middle of the day?

Ratler.
    Amatuer.

gerrybbadd wrote:

Neither for me. Druids all the way. 6 cans of that and you'd be hopping some young fellas head off a wall in beat with the latest dance track :pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Ratler.
    Amatuer.

Rat...Ler?

Isn't that the stuff they give teenagers to train them when they're first taking alcoholic beverages? It's like 1.3%

I’d agree. Need a break of a few months at least so it’s something to look forward to.

What about...... next one at Christmas and we find the boardsies best Christmas tree? Participants submit their entries and we run maybe 4 together at a time and depending on number of entries either top 1 or 2 progress to next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Beer would be pointless. Guinness would win, like Tayto Cheese and Onion won. Neither need or deserve to win. And this comes from a man who drinks 8-10 barrels of stout a year.

I’d agree. Need a break of a few months at least so it’s something to look forward to.

What about...... next one at Christmas and we find the boardsies best Christmas tree? Participants submit their entries and we run maybe 4 together at a time and depending on number of entries either top 1 or 2 progress to next round.

No

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

gerrybbadd wrote: »

The white label Tesco stuff does the job. No need to be fancy about it.

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    The white label Tesco stuff does the job. No need to be fancy about it.

Ah, Turps!

I didn't realise I was in discussion with one of the 1%. Apologies sir! Have you managed to soil your pantaloons today yet?

Advertisement